Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,155 members, 7,953,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser - Forum Games (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser (25167 Views)

Test Your Self 'quantitative ' / ..............brain Teaser.......test Your Sense Of Reasoning..(photo) / Test Your Intelligence With These Three Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
I hope this type of question will not come out on waec examination next year...I pray so

And as for the question,

U DEY ASK ME FOR ME TO ASK WHO?
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ishilove:
"You are travelling down a country lane to a distant village. You reach a fork in the road and find a pair of identical twin sisters standing there.

One sister is standing on the road to village and the other standing on the road to never-land (of course, you don't know or see where each road leads).

One of the sisters always tells the truth and the other always lies (of course, you don't know who is lying).

Both sisters know where the roads go.

If you are allowed to ask only one question to each of the sisters to find the correct road to the village,

What will be your question?

since i know that i am going to a village. I will begin by asking each of them whether there is a village close by. By that i will sieve out the liar from the honest sister.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Chiefupper: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
just ask any of them "are you male or female? " if she tells you she is a male, just know that is the liar, you can then ask her the road to the village, once she gives you the answer just pick the second option. lobatan!

2 Likes

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by FEMoxylian: 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
I will definitely ask if they are twin sisters and follow the right answer....
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Ishilove: 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
yemi2plus:
Misuse of Power.

You created a thread and quickly moved it to FP without reasonable post.

Shm.
If you have nothing reasonable to say I suggest you go that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tenks.

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by dharmieeey: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ask d one lies which leads to where u re going and ask yhe one dat tells the truth if answer is d truth
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
guess you will ask both sisters if they were twins, the answer u get tells who says the truth.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by olu4life(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ishilove:

Lmao!! Which oil company? Abeg if it is Shell or Mobil yarn me the koko wink
One ET something. Forgotten. Not a popular firm
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Ishilove: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Chiefupper:
just ask any of them "are you the truth -sayer? "
And if the liar says 'Yes'?
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Fourcade(m): 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Where do you live/Where is your home? undecided
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by delors(m): 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Why do I have to ask them when the signs already shoe the direction? One leads to the village and the other to never-land. Or are they yellow fever traffic wardens?

But on a serious note, I have a clue. So they are identical twins, one of them tells the truth and the other is a bi**chy liar, simple. This is my question:
Is that your twin sister? If she says yes (and since I have eyes to confirm the resemblance) then that's the truth sayer, so I will know my direction from there. So if the truth sayer is standing by the road that leads to Never -Land, then I know that the other road is where I'm going.

#UncommonCommonSense grin Lagos boi ti o dull.

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by moscobabs(m): 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
Chiefupper:
just ask any of them "are you the truth -sayer? "
werey gidi ni bobo yin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by homesteady(m): 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
FEMoxylian:
I will definitely ask if they are twin sisters and follow the right answer....

Ishilove this is the answer! grin
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by merit12(f): 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
I will go with the sister that always tells the truth

She also maybe standing in the right way.

The road that's leads to the village
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Ishilove: 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
Preshie:
OP, is it assumed that I know which of the sisters tells the truth and the one that lies?
You know one of them lies,but you don't know which because they are identical twins.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by sexylogan(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ishilove:
"You are travelling down a country lane to a distant village. You reach a fork in the road and find a pair of identical twin sisters standing there.

One sister is standing on the road to village and the other standing on the road to never-land (of course, you don't know or see where each road leads).

One of the sisters always tells the truth and the other always lies (of course, you don't know who is lying).

If you are allowed to ask only one question to each of the sisters to find the correct road to the village,

Q:
Which road will not take me to the village?

Both girls will point to the same road and I'll simply know that the other road is the correct one to follow.

5 Likes

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Question will be: "If I ask your sister where the village is, what will she say?"

You will have to follow the way which is the opposite of the answer.
So, let's assume that the village is behind the truthful, and the neverland is behind the liar. That means that their answers will be as follows:

- Truthful will say, "My sister will tell you to go to her way" (obviously that is the wrong way, because the truthful knows that her sister will lie, therefore you will go to the other direction)

- Liar will say, "My sister will tell you to go to my way." (She just lied to you, therefore you go to the other direction).
Source(s):
Common Sense. #yahoo answer

4 Likes

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Fourcade(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Where do you live/Where is your home?

The truthful one will point the direction while the liar will point the opposite direction which is obviously a lie. grin
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
If one of them is always lying then you should point to the fork and ask them what it is called. One will say fork and the other will definitely call it something else.
The truthful is standing on the way to the village.
I got it wrong, flawed logic.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Ishilove: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
delors:
Why do I have to ask them when the signs already shoe the direction? One leads to the village and the other to never-land. Or are they yellow fever traffic wardens?
You don't know or see where each roads leads to,but you know one leads to never-land while the other leads to the right way
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by whatdafuvk: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
[color=#000000][/color]common op u re beta dan dhis nw...dere ar many questions u can ask since u knw 1 always lie.e.g re u a girl?,re u sisters?,can you tlk?,etc
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
First sis which of the road leads to the village. Second sis which of the road does not lead to the village since both sisters are identical and one will always tell the truth and the other will always tell lie. Ask each opposite of what you asked the other. Example if sister A always tell the truth asking her which road leads to the village she will give you the right answer. in which ask sister B which road does not lead to the village since she always lies she will give you the true direction which tallies with what sister A said. on the other hand if sister A happens to be the liar by asking her which road leads to the vilagge she will point you to the wrong direction. in which when you ask sister B which road does not lead to the village she will point you to same road pointed out by the lying sister A
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by yorex2011: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
I'd ask one twin what the oda twin wud tell me if i asked for the correct road. Then i go the opposite of d ansa i get .. Doesn't matter which of the twins i ask

3 Likes

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Fourcade(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Error!
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Princesschi(f): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
I'm here to read comments and hope to get d answer too.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by delors(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ishilove:

You don't know or see where each roads leads to,but you know one leads to never-land while the other leads to the right way
I just edited it.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by chxe: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
i will ask one of them if they are sisters, if she says yes, then i will ask her where the road leads, if she says there are not sisters then i will ask the other one where the road leads.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Denn(m): 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
sexylogan:

Q:

Both girls will point to the same road and I'll simply know that the other road is the correct one to follow.

This is the answer...

Every other one before this was wrong...

2 Likes

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by coogar: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ishilove:

my question will be.....
"if i asked you which road leads to the village, which would you say?"

the truth teller will always tell the truth & the liar can't help herself but lie. she will lie that the road she standing by is the wrong road & choose the one the truth teller says.

that's your solution!
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by rexoluj(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
Interview question, Anyways check brainden.com for ezpo grin

Ishilove:

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Fourcade(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
sexylogan:

Q:

Okay i see!
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by kpekun(m): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
I would simply as any of the sisters the following, "If I were to ask your sister the route to the village, which direction would she point me to". Then I'll go in the opposite direction. Logic behind it: if I were to ask the sister that tells the truth where her sister that tells a lie would direct me to, she would point to the wrong route because that's were the sister that tells a lie would point to. If I asked d sister that lies, where her sister that tells the truth would point to, she would still lie and point to the wrong direction.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Triangles Are There? / Which Tribe Do U Think D Nairalander Above U Belongs To? / ╚►One Word Per Post. . ◄╝

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.