Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her (1605 Views)

Lupita Nyong'o Lights Up The Red Carpet At The SAG Awards / Lupita Nyong'o Reunites With Brad Pitt For Chimamanda's 'americanah' / 85th Academy Awards (OSCAR) Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by youngice(m): 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
so I just watched 12 years a slave with keen interest expecting to see a wonderful performance , I wasn't disapointed she tried sha
But I don't think she deserved the Oscar
Chiwetelu killed and buried his part, even that wicked slave owner nailed it , I think politics played a part , after all where 2 or more are gathered there must be politics
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by dyadeleye(m): 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Seconded
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:38am On Dec 17, 2014
I thought I was the only one, that lady who's children were sold and would always cry deserved the award but Miss Kenya tried.
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 17, 2014
Your opinion.

That whipping scene was intense though. Made me hate white people for three full weeks.
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by youngice(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2014
charix:
Your opinion.

That whipping scene was intense though. Made me hate white people for three full weeks.
Then u haven't watched mad slave movies
Amistad,roots cry
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2014
youngice:

Roots was "meh". I haven't seen amistad though.
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by MorrisaMkenya(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2014
Thats your opinion. I think she deserved it given that she was selected and voted by people all over the world.
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by coldsoup(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hater
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by Gmajor(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
she was definitely over hyped
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by HenCq15: 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by youngice(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
HenCq15:
Thread never make FP u dey book space
Re: Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her by sholay2011(m): 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
She deserved it on the basis of character + performance + 'narrative'. And well, the character was haunting...enough to get Academy voters hand Lupita the Oscar.

On the basis of performance alone, I think Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle' or Sally Hawkins in 'Blue Jasmine' were superior.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016,nollywood Audition. / 8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time / Kumkum Bhagya Episode 422 Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.