Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

How Did You Come To Know Nairaland - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Come To Know Nairaland (2278 Views)

After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
mods move this topic to front page..

lalasticlala, Drealmrstan, ishilove, Seun, mynd 44, sexkillz

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
^^^ shocked All I did was quote the names of some moderators requesting this topic be moved to front page..o tan! but before I close my eye open am..fiam! my post has been hidden!!! shocked undecided

I don't understand is it wrong to ask for a thread be pushed to FP?? I swear I've scrolled up and down the NL 21rules, I'm yet to see where my 'offence' fits in. I swear this forum has changed big time! Mtchew angry
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
I have a very good friend who went on a 2 yr church mission to Madagascar. He would regale me with interesting stories about the people, culture, and atmosphere on the island. Even after he came back, he seemed to find ways of infusing almost every conversation we had with insights into his trip and experiences. I could tell his time there had given him something aside from the spiritual awakening he would once claim, and also aside from the sense of direction I personally felt it had given him. Whatever it was, it changed him. I suppose he was the reason I idly started browsing African forums one late sleepless night much like this one. I wanted to see what else was out there, and to tell the truth, I knew almost nothing of Africa outside my own roots (and I still don't by all that much tbh).

So, why NL? In short, a troll. After some haphazard browsing here, there, and everywhere, I was shocked to came across a rather nasty troll on here who was apparently from my neck of the woods. I felt I had to say something, so I made an account, and thus Enlightenedsoul was born - battling trolls from birth lol. It just occurred to me that I might have an odd fettish for pointless wall-of-text 'arguments' with warped minds. Oh well? So yeah, here I am a little over year later, and it's def been interesting.

As for the home skillet biscuit...

He still speaks fluent Malagasy, and is currently putting together an English/Malagasy 'language book' with some others from his mission despite having distanced himself from his church of late. In other news, he interviewed for admission into Med school about a week ago, and dreams of working with DWB.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by CoCoLav(f): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2014
Got to know about NL from my elder brother in 2006. He was a frequent poster and was always e-fighting. When I turned 18 he created an account for me. smiley and its been fun ever since.
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Cherlene(f): 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Greetings

I came across NL-nairaland directly through google.
Whenever I researched miscellaneous subject matters
NL-nairaland would constantly emerge.

Was never attentive until after a period. One day my inquisitive enabled me to review NL-nairaland finally.

Regards,
Cherlene.
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by yinkeys(m): 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
@rokiatu kindly come tell us your story. Peeps like you knew NL way back. I wish I knew about this forum @ least a year or two after you joined
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by JoannaSedley(f): 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
Guest from 2007. I have had so many monickers with forgotten passwords.
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:25am On Apr 16, 2018
It was my police friend that told me about nairaland..
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by jaszplus12(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2018
my wife reads it mostly and I saw it as a forum for expression....
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
A friend directed me here
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by chii8(f): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
My husband... nairaland has been bae, it's just that the moderators of recent allows tribalists to flood in and spew rubbish, literature, family, health and food section is a wonderful place.

One day, I will like to meet Royover,flakkydagirl, prettyspicy, Tiffanyj, Leigh,Cocoandy,jummiefood, and few others that are very lovely...(don't have a right word but they're great) and of course Nwaamaikpe(to spank him of course).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by sujexy(m): 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
An addict introduced me to nairaland back then 2012 in Madonna university (Ebuka- Pharmacy Uniuyo) If you are reading this, know that I will never forgive u for making me nairaland addict...loll
It has been fun, expt that Tribalism, Zombiism, Bbnaija has entered the 8th dimension here...
please seun do something about this ...but I like the humour, memes...they make me laff alone lik a mad man..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dad Kissing Daugther, Right Or Wrong(picture) / I Can Never Go Back To My Former Lifestyle Again. / All Men Cheat But I Can’t Get Over The Psychological Trauma-pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.