Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

<<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> (921 Views)

My Journey To Making $500 Online Using Niche Blogs - A Nairaland Reality Show / Help! I Need To Write A Business Proposal For A Reality Tv Show To Big Company / Dvcf Oil And Gas Share, How Reality It Is? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

<<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hi Guys,

Some people probably know me in Nairaland.

I want to make a comment. Trust me I am going to be candid about this comment. If it doesn't sound savage, then it means I didn't say it right. I intend it to be as savage as possible.

I observed that A LOT of Nigerians like to pretend to themselves.

They say one thing and yet do something else entirely.

I am a very strong advocate of Network Marketing. Unfortunately the industry has a bad name not because it is bad in itself but because people never took out time to figure out the industry.
People can't seem to differentiate Network Marketing from a Ponzi or Pyramid Scheme.

Ironically, this same people who speak evil about Network Marketing participate in the Pyramid Schemes. The erroneously think that if the company asks you to be on an Auto-ship (as in have a specific minimum you must order every month) or asks you to meet a specific target before you can earn any money, then that company is a Scam. They prefer to go to companies where you can put $1 and get $1000 back, and you don't have to sell or have an autoship.

Well give it a thought, if I don't need to sell or maintain a monthly balance, how then does the company make the money it pays me? If I dont sell how am I sure that the company will be there for the long haul.
Go ask the established companies and those who succeed in them why they succeed. Its because they have put in time and effort to build the principles on which they live by.

Nigerians want all the benefits but they dont want to labour for it. And its really ironic. Most Nigerians will rather toil and labour working for someone 8am-5pm than devote just 2 hours of their day to building their own business. Its crazy! Its just plain mad. I don't understand it.

I really don't. And we wonder why there is so much poverty in the land. Its simple. The fools in the land are ignorant and yet are not ready to accept that they are ignorant. They will rather wade in their ignorance and called anyone who tries to help them a fool. And right under their noses, that helper will thrive and then they begin to wonder how he made his money. Next thing you hear is he is a ritualist or some crazy stupid thing like that.
Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by Jacupel: 1:37am On Dec 18, 2014
op, it's true that the autoship thing is one of the reasons y Nigerians don't like the idea of network marketing. ppl join network marketing in order to be their own boss, not to be told that they must order a certain amount of product before they earn. That's why I joined a network marketing company that doesn't require monthly maintenance, no quota or anything like that. under this company, u r ur own boss, and u can earn a lot without having to buy products every month. what's more? there r seven different ways to earn ...it emphasises more on the 'networking' part of network marketing...trainings r also organised for members everyday of d week.....sounds too good to be true? check it out... contact me on jacupel.uwa@gmail.com for more info......
Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by bigakin: 4:30am On Dec 18, 2014
bigakin2000@gmail.com pls send more information to me
Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2014
Jacupel:
op, it's true that the autoship thing is one of the reasons y Nigerians don't like the idea of network marketing. ppl join network marketing in order to be their own boss, not to be told that they must order a certain amount of product before they earn. That's why I joined a network marketing company that doesn't require monthly maintenance, no quota or anything like that. under this company, u r ur own boss, and u can earn a lot without having to buy products every month. what's more? there r seven different ways to earn ...it emphasises more on the 'networking' part of network marketing...trainings r also organised for members everyday of d week.....sounds too good to be true? check it out... contact me on jacupel.uwa@gmail.com for more info......

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

People doing Network Marketing without understanding the principles on which it runs.

Truth is any MLM company that is worth running MUST and I repeat MUST have an autoship whether or not you like it.

Let me give you a simple example. You are a distributor for Coca-Cola. To even be one there are certain criteria you must fulfil. Now part of that criteria is that there is a certain minimum you must receive every month. The reason is because Coca-Cola needs to guarantee that they make a certain amount of turnover at regular periods. For every distributor they have they already have a pre-calculated amount for the returns they would receive. That helps to ensure that products have a destination and they don't need to warehouse the products more than is necessary. That also means they have less overhead costs and more money in their books. Now that is a typical example of an autoship.

Now I'm going to ask, if your company doesn't require a monthly maintenance, or a quota, exactly how does your company guarantee returns? It means your company cannot say for sure how much it would expect to generate at any given point in time. It also means that your commission is not sure. Because if no one is buying at a stable rate, profits cannot be stable. What if everybody joins today and because there is no quote people get much of the products, where does the money to pay you come from? Thin air? And then when the company folds up, everyone jumps on the boat of "OH MLM is a scam".

If an MLM company tells me I don't need to meet a monthly quota, I simple disregard them either because they do not have a serious business model or someone is telling A LIE.

Look I'm not asking you to join my company, I'm simply asking that you learn to do MLM properly. I am willing to help you in this regard. I will give you information on how you can best recruit members into WHATEVER COMPANY YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN.
Let's stop sugar coating facts and things all in the name of recruiting people. Its a business and we need business minded people not easy money makers and thrill finders.

Making money is not easy. If you are not willing to do what it takes, then sorry. The way I see it, its just between 2 choices. You either want to make money or you don't. An autoship is not an excuse. People are just plain lazy. To see good you must work for it and work hard.
Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 18, 2014
bigakin:
bigakin2000@gmail.com pls send more information to me

Bigakin, if you really want to succeed in Network Marketing I would suggest you do not jump at any offers that sound to good to be true. Good Network Marketing companies do not have business models that are as easy as not having an autoship. It just doesn't work. It is when you get in that you begin to see the truth and the reality. Get to know the business first and what is required of you before joining.

Guy this is a business, and I'm sure if you were running that kind of business you would want to make sure that you are able to move your products. And there is not better way to do than to set targets for your distributors. Now is there anything wrong with that?

Remember, 2 choices. You either want to make money or you don't. Pure and Simple.
Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by Sunglow: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2014
I pray the MODS don't hid this post,for I have noticed that any topic on MLM is a No-No.Wonder what their problem is,for its very clear they leave under the rock and know not what MLM is.Google is your friend MODS.
Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by 40dogzz(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Thats Nigerian's problem, like u pointed out, this is what i always say, they like easy things, still they work 8~5. Instead of building their own biz. Ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by 40dogzz(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
We like job security instead of fiancial freedom. Fiancial freedom is what mlm will give u & ur generations 4 life, Once the mlm has a solid base. My upline was awarded more than #15million last month via greenlife products which is very powerful, she is a distributor. Imagine what she will be awarded next award, & she is not even educated.

1 Like

Re: <<<<< A Very Absurd Reality >>>>> by Jacupel: 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2015

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

People doing Network Marketing without understanding the principles on which it runs.

Truth is any MLM company that is worth running MUST and I repeat MUST have an autoship whether or not you like it.

Let me give you a simple example. You are a distributor for Coca-Cola. To even be one there are certain criteria you must fulfil. Now part of that criteria is that there is a certain minimum you must receive every month. The reason is because Coca-Cola needs to guarantee that they make a certain amount of turnover at regular periods. For every distributor they have they already have a pre-calculated amount for the returns they would receive. That helps to ensure that products have a destination and they don't need to warehouse the products more than is necessary. That also means they have less overhead costs and more money in their books. Now that is a typical example of an autoship.

Now I'm going to ask, if your company doesn't require a monthly maintenance, or a quota, exactly how does your company guarantee returns? It means your company cannot say for sure how much it would expect to generate at any given point in time. It also means that your commission is not sure. Because if no one is buying at a stable rate, profits cannot be stable. What if everybody joins today and because there is no quote people get much of the products, where does the money to pay you come from? Thin air? And then when the company folds up, everyone jumps on the boat of "OH MLM is a scam".

If an MLM company tells me I don't need to meet a monthly quota, I simple disregard them either because they do not have a serious business model or someone is telling A LIE.

Look I'm not asking you to join my company, I'm simply asking that you learn to do MLM properly. I am willing to help you in this regard. I will give you information on how you can best recruit members into WHATEVER COMPANY YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN.
Let's stop sugar coating facts and things all in the name of recruiting people. Its a business and we need business minded people not easy money makers and thrill finders.

Making money is not easy. If you are not willing to do what it takes, then sorry. The way I see it, its just between 2 choices. You either want to make money or you don't. An autoship is not an excuse. People are just plain lazy. To see good you must work for it and work hard.
I understand ur point perfectly. I guess I should have explained further that in the company I'm currently with, the recruitment process is clearly separated from the buying of products (there are 7 ways to earn which are not dependent on each other). Also, concerning the recruitment part, there are safety nets in place to ensure that the company doesn't go bankrupt

(1) (Reply)

Sudden Drop In Price Of Palm Kernel Oil / 2015 Shell Live-wire Business Programme / Is Gtbank Anti-business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.