Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams (2450 Views)

Unizik Loses 500Level Medical Student To Death After Gas Explosion / UNIZIK Medical Student Reading On The Altar / When You're A Medical Student In Esut. Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by kasalingo: 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2014

Anita Trivedi, a 23-year-old Kings College medical student, has
committed suicide by jumping under a moving train after
failing her exams.

http://9jahomeland.com/23-year-old-medical-student-jumps-moving-train-failing-exams/

Daily Mail reports that Trivedi, from Newham, East London, was
depressed after having to resit her fourth year at medical
school.

Before the suicide, Anita suffered from mood swings, eating
problems, hair loss and even attacked a classmate in the toilet.
The victim told a Southwark Coroner’s Court that Anita attacked
her for no reason.

"She turned her head towards me and just lunged at me and
started attacking me.

"She put her right fist out and started to attempt to punch me
and I kept putting my hands out to stop.
"Then she hit me really hard on the left side of my head. I bent
over the sink because I would have fallen over if I hadn’t put my
hands out.

"I screamed ‘help’ and she ran out."
Anita took her own life by, jumping into the way of a freight
train that was travelling through a station near the medical
school's campus.

In a statement read at the inquest, the driver of the train said he saw someone on the tracks and tried to stop it, adding that the person did not leave the tracks even after he sounded the horn.

"The train was coming to a stop and I was able to see the
person lying on the track.
"The person made no attempt to get up off the track.
"When the train came to a halt 250 foot after the impact with
the person and could not have stopped in time. It seemed to
me this was a deliberate act."

A number of eyewitnesses also confirmed that they saw the
deceased jump under the train.

Anita’s father, Kailash Trivedi said his daughter did not look
depressed after failing her exams.
"She was beautiful, very pretty, she cared for everybody, she
always remembered birthdays and Father’s Day and Mother’s
Day. She was everything," he said.

"She was so good, so nice, so polite, so courteous. I miss her so much." Her friend, Darena Dineva, however said she struggled after the failure.

The Kings College has issued an official condolence message to
the family.
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by kilokeys(m): 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
krishna sef go vex for u.. chai. suicide tales irks me
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by prewtyjulie(f): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
Now I believe sum ppl village witch cums 2 city 2 luk 4 dem
R.I.P
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by enoqueen: 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
its not her fault.

2 Likes

Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by CzarRex: 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Ambrogio(m): 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
CzarRex:

Hafa you na? undecided
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by CzarRex: 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ambrogio:

Hafa you na? undecided
I dey oooh
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Swizdoe(m): 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
prewtyjulie:
R.I.P
So some unseen witch is responsible for her woes.
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
The pressure is jux too much in there. Medical students need all the encouragements in d world. It's usually d words and mockery they get from both friends and family when they fail their exams that make them commit suicide. The shame in failing a medical exam is jux too much. Imagine a young guy has not even resumed in medical school and his dad is already telling him he doesn't want to hear stories. God help medical students. It's indeed not easy.
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by prewtyjulie(f): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
Swizdoe:

So some unseen witch is responsible for her woes.
its jst a way of nt sayin she did sumtin craazy n allow her rip

1 Like

Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by hushmail: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
condolences to d family

i hope parents can truly understand what their kids are passing through not being d ostrich that hides its head in d sand meanwhile d rest of d body is exposed
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Truth be told, na her bobo break her heart. Anyway may her soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by knightsTempler: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Wow!

Terrible news.

May she rest in peace.
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by DollyParton1(f): 2:50am On Dec 18, 2014
I should have jumped under the bus after I wrote my first test in medical school. The way I flunked that Anatomy test no get part two.
suicide is nothing but a coward way of exit.

3 Likes

Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by sharawwy(m): 6:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Indian ryt??
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 18, 2014
Werey
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by LORDI(m): 7:25am On Dec 18, 2014
R.I.P,..more reason why some parent's need to show love to their children.
R.I.P
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Janeify(f): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2014
sharawwy:
Indian ryt??
read an confirm for yourself.

Back to the topic.
Suicide is never an option, just like that_she's gone
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by killercute16(m): 8:35am On Dec 18, 2014
Indian has the highest number of suicide in the world.
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by ferdsmart(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2014
na wa oo
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Wisepac: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2014
Dis life nawa o.. But she's too pretty to commit suicide
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by EddyNumerouno(m): 9:22am On Dec 18, 2014
killercute16:
Indian has the highest number of suicide in the world.
South Korea hasnt been beaten for their no.1 spot
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2014
Which of the Kings College?
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by LillyAnne(f): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
The pressure is jux too much in there. Medical students need all the encouragements in d world. It's usually d words and mockery they get from both friends and family when they fail their exams that make them commit suicide. The shame in failing a medical exam is jux too much. Imagine a young guy has not even resumed in medical school and his dad is already telling him he doesn't want to hear stories. God help medical students. It's indeed not easy.
Seems you're a medical student..
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by iamrealdeji(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2014
I said to myself "boya Indian ni" before I clicked the link,Indians take educational success more serious than their lives,they can commit suicide for failing
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by sharawwy(m): 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
Janeify:
read an confirm for yourself.

Back to the topic.
Suicide is never an option, just like that_she's gone
mind ur biz girlie
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by rane06(f): 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2014
prewtyjulie:
R.I.P
I tell u, dem carry private jet. RIP sha
Re: 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
LillyAnne:
Seems you're a medical student..
Yes ma. Newly admitted.

(1) (Reply)

Kano State School Of Nursing/ And Midwifery/ Form 2016/2017 Is Currently On / Rare Photo Of Soldiers Paying A Tribute To The Horses That Died During WW1 / Top 5 Countries To Relocate To Easily By 2022 As A NIGERIAN Or AFRICAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.