Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,292 members, 7,957,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

Network Providers' Wahalla - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Network Providers' Wahalla (1283 Views)

Android Phone Choice Wahalla / Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers / Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 2:04am On Dec 18, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I believe the greater percentage of the people reading this thread are not new to the 'wahallas' we suffer in the hand of our network operators.
The most annoying part is having to call a customer care to answer a problem with a non-working solution like "I'm sorry, we can't do that for you from here."

The aim of this thread is to help ourselves out with better tariff plans, provide needed codes, and proffer solutions to issues that anyone of us faces. I'm going to open this thread with one tip, and one warning.

(NOTE: I will mark any warning in RED, and any tip in GREEN. It is strongly recommended that everyone follows suit. I also suggest that issues are highlighted in ORANGE when unsolved, and modified to BLACK when solved. C'mon people; I see a color riot in here!)

Before creating this topic, I've searched for anything of the like, to avoid duplicates. Please inform me if a thread like this already exists; so that I'd instead join the ongoing discussion.
All criticism are welcome!
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by Unionised(m): 2:06am On Dec 18, 2014
There's a thread like this already.....

...in my head.

Feel free to join the discussion
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 2:35am On Dec 18, 2014
Unionised:
There's a thread like this already.....
...in my head.
Feel free to join the discussion

[size=14pt]Hehe! You are welcome!

By the way readers, here is the fulfillment of my promise:

WARNING: DON'T dial *507# to "get 5X your daily spend" on MTN. The way they are going to charge you ehn, you won't be able to wage your anger.

TIP: GLO is currently ebeano now! Buy a glo SIM and join their Bounce plan; you can also benefit from OVERLOAD (I believe this is irrespective of tariff plan). Just dial *200#, load #200 or more, and dial *122*7# to see your overload balance.

WARNING ON THE LAST TIP: OVERLOAD CAN ONLY CALL GLO NUMBERS PLEASE, AND IS USELESS BETWEEN 8AM AND 10PM.
[/size]
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 2:40am On Dec 18, 2014
[size=14pt]CURRENT CUSTOMER CARE RESPONSE RATING

MTN - 4.8
GLO - 2.7 (except you're calling them very early in the morning).
AIRTEL - 3.7
ETISALAT - 4.1

Or perhaps, except you're calling all of them at off-peak hours.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by alsudaes1(m): 4:41am On Dec 18, 2014
*122*7# ain't working
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by starlingbawa(m): 5:25am On Dec 18, 2014
The whole of yesterday I simply couldn't use my data plan on my BlackBerry Q10 and it's so frustrating!

The GLO network sucks!!!!
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
[size=14pt]
alsudaes1:
*122*7# ain't working

What error message displays on your screen dear?
[/size]
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
[size=14pt]
starlingbawa:
The whole of yesterday I simply couldn't use my data plan on my BlackBerry Q10 and it's so frustrating!

The GLO network sucks!!!!

My brother, I empathize with you! However, did you check your network mode to see that it is in 3G? Browsing the net can be so slow if your network displays 2G or GPRS. Besides, Blackberry in general has that occasional "5-minute sluggish" flaw.

Has the problem abated, is it still the same?[/size]
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by starlingbawa(m): 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
OkekeChristian:
[size=14pt]

My brother, I empathize with you! However, did you check your network mode to see that it is in 3G? Browsing the net can be so slow if your network displays 2G or GPRS. Besides, Blackberry in general has that occasional "5-minute sluggish" flaw

Has the problem abated, is it still the same?[/size]

It's still very much the same bro. I keep shuttling between 2G and 3G just to see if I'd be able to use my phone. Often times, I ve had to put the phone off and back on again and still the problem persists.

I really don't know what the problem is with this GLO people! It's so frustrating I tell you!!!

And thanks for your concern bro.
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
[size=14pt]
starlingbawa:

It's still very much the same bro. I keep shuttling between 2G and 3G just to see if I'd be able to use my phone. Often times, I ve had to put the phone off and back on again and still the problem persists.

I really don't know what the problem is with this GLO people! It's so frustrating I tell you!!!

And thanks for your concern bro.

You're welcome
I think there's something like Host Routing Table under Advanced options that you can send or something like that. Try to use it and see if anything better happens.

I don't do blackberry much. Did you try inserting a SIM from a different operator to see if it's peculiar to glo?
[/size]
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by starlingbawa(m): 12:15am On Dec 19, 2014
OkekeChristian:
[size=14pt]

You're welcome
I think there's something like Host Routing Table under Advanced options that you can send or something like that. Try to use it and see if anything better happens.

I don't do blackberry much. Did you try inserting a SIM from a different operator to see if it's peculiar to glo?
[/size]

Yeah, I did try my MTN and AIRTEL sim cards and both worked perfectly? And now I know this problem is peculiar to GLO.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate!
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by Emeka71(m): 1:42am On Dec 19, 2014
OkekeChristian:

WARNING: DON'T dial *507# to "get 5X your daily spend" on MTN. The way they are going to charge you ehn, you won't be able to wage your anger.

TIP: GLO is currently ebeano now! Buy a glo SIM and join their Bounce plan; you can also benefit from OVERLOAD (I believe this is irrespective of tariff plan). Just dial *200#, load #200 or more, and dial *122*7# to see your overload balance.

WARNING ON THE LAST TIP: OVERLOAD CAN ONLY CALL GLO NUMBERS PLEASE, AND IS USELESS BETWEEN 8AM AND 10PM.
[/size]
Airtel can suck ones credit.
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 2:10am On Dec 19, 2014
[size=14pt]
Emeka71:
Airtel can suck ones credit.

All networks in Nigeria do not obey the laws of attraction. "Unlike forces attract?" Hehe my brother, try using MTN to call a glo line and you'd see.

HELLO READERS

If you live in Abuja, you might have noticed that MTN Zone now charges 40k/sec even to MTN numbers; don't opt out of the Zone tariff - it's only peculiar to Abuja. I've found that in other states, like Anambra, you can get calls for as low as 4k/sec to MTN numbers again.
SOLUTION? Switch to a different network provider for now
![/size]
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
[size=14pt]MTN has started again!

THIS ONE IS A WARNING!
Do not dial *507*anything# on MTN, with hopes of receiving any 5X bonus.
You will NOT get it; not for now, anyway.

If you're still having problems with Zone charging you 40K/s on all calls, migrate to a different tariff plan, or get another network provider's SIM card.[/size]
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by Emeka71(m): 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
OkekeChristian:
[size=14pt]MTN has started again!

THIS ONE IS A WARNING!
Do not dial *507*anything# on MTN, with hopes of receiving any 5X bonus.
You will NOT get it; not for now, anyway.

If you're still having problems with Zone charging you 40K/s on all calls, migrate to a different tariff plan, or get another network provider's SIM card.[/size]
MTN hasn't been working with Opera-mini for sometime.
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
Men of Nigeria.
Biko which tariff plan and on which network charges least now? MTN have dry kpo kpo me... if you know what I mean. wink
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
OkekeChristian:

[/size]
Get 100% on your usuage be it calls, sms or data to call any network, browse and text. If you use N100 a day for example, you get N100 back. Migrate to this plan by dialing *300#. Calls are charged @ 22k/sec and 44k/sec on the bonus.
Re: Network Providers' Wahalla by OkekeChristian(m): 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Get 100% on your usuage be it calls, sms or data to call any network, browse and text. If you use N100 a day for example, you get N100 back. Migrate to this plan by dialing *300#. Calls are charged @ 22k/sec and 44k/sec on the bonus.

Hmmm. When etisalat charges me 12k/sec. Thanks, but no thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Ultimate Beast First Android Phone With As Much RAM As Your Laptop Zenfone 2 / Help! I Need My Files Back / TECNO H6 Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.