Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Follow These Steps To Solve Major Depression Without Seeing A Therapist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Follow These Steps To Solve Major Depression Without Seeing A Therapist (751 Views)

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps / Help With A Meanig Of Seeing A Dead Father In The Dream / Can You Adopt A Child Without Seeing Him/Her Physically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Follow These Steps To Solve Major Depression Without Seeing A Therapist by acmesuccess: 6:31am On Dec 18, 2014
Thanks for your patience. Fist you need to know what a major depression is. We have various types of depression, but the major type is the most common. Understand what a major depression is from here:
http:///7EQAJ3
Now carefully read how I combated this without seeing the psychiatric, or any related therapist.

1. I UNDERSTOOD THE CAUSE, AND THE PROBLEM
Quote: the only way out of a problem is inside of it, and the way in is outside of it.
Quote: a man’s problem becomes his potential assassin when he refuses to acknowledge it.

I was in debt. A big one.  And I used most of my time thinking why I got myself into such mess. I think about how I could have done things separately and things wouldn’t end as bad as it is. I kept wondering how it would feel like, not carrying such burden. But as long as I wasted more time feeling depressed about my present situation, i stayed in it. The situation will not just go by thinking about how things should have fared.  Though, many things started joining in the bad state as I kept neglecting to do the right things. My health deteriorated, business crumbles, relationship getting strained and it seems everything is working against me. Yes, they were, but the problem started with the debt, and slowly, inaction sets in, and other things suffer.
So, relax, think, what the major cause of this depression is. You problem is sure different from mine, and the time to think of ‘why it happened’ is not necessary for now.  It has already happened, the next thing is to accept the problem exists, and start scouting for exit.

2. I REALISED I WAS SCARED
Quote: there lies no future that its foundation isn’t laid in the present.

Yes, very scared. But yet, just scared. Scared about the future, scared about what happens now, and what happens next. I was scared to take the necessary action. The only thing that was happening in my present was thinking about if i will be able to cope with the unforeseen problem that are probably coming, or the one that is currently on ground.
But the next best thing was to prepare for the worst, and not get scared of it. You should start laying the foundation to stay on the worst that may come. What I failed to realize was that, as long as I’m scared about what is coming, I’m accepting the fact that I may not survive the possible assault.

3. I REALISED THAT I HAD BEEN CLUELESS
Quote: a clueless mind plunges itself deeper into oblivion.

Clueless about what I should do next. I was always busy thinking about the problem now but clueless about what I should be preparing for. But the moment I realized this, I plunged into purposeful thinking. I quickly made some researches and I felt relieved by some discoveries.
You can do this by first focusing on the worst that may happen, and the best I could do in such situation. This will work on any cause of depression.

4. I FOUND OUT I WAS NEVER SMART
Quote: a man who hasn’t witnessed war always thinks he is a man (African proverb)

I always thought I was smart until I realized I wasn’t.  I realized I wasn’t smart as I deluded myself to be until I got faced by this problem and I was relegated into an idiot. I was a fast thinker! I believe I can solve other people’s problem through advice until I didn’t realize mine was taking my life. I laughed at my own stupidity and over bloated confidence that wasn’t there anymore. One thing I failed to realize was, ‘’if it wasn’t a problem, it doesn’t need a solution’. But, there is always a way out. So, I started thinking of the way out.  So, I made a list of the worst scenarios, and I found a solution I can live with if I found myself in whichever possible one.
I even got smarter. I quickly realized I haven’t made as much as I’ve been spending. I was just at home, eating, paying bills and collecting incomes from the already collapsing investment. So, I quickly donned by thinking cap, gathered the reaming cash I could lay my hands on and invested in other things.  Things I could fall back on even if I went to jail and comes back. I got very smart that I got scared of myself. Please understand that jail wasn’t necessary, but that was my worst resort. So, even if the worst didn’t happen, I won’t loose with that.
So, what are you waiting for? Get smart. Take the next possible situation by surprise. Take your time to prepare a good working plan for yourself.

5. I DIDN’T KNOW I WAS JUST A COWARD
Quote: for a coward, suicide is the only way out.
Quote: only coward run from what they created.

For months, I didn’t know the thought of suicide was pure cowardice. Why should I leave this world? Do I think the world will stop revolving or what? I’m not a coward, so I’m going nowhere! This is my problem, I am solving it. Solving a problem will take different methods on different problems. For example, some people needed to forget a particular grief caused by loss and move on to a better life, while people in my type of position must face their music. So, I was ready to face it.
There comes no need dying softly inside while the world merry and celebrate. There comes no need to kill oneself over a loss since the loss won’t be restored. Why die in isolation when the world is such a lovely place? Why die before the real death?

6. I HAVE ISOLATED MYSELF.
Quote: a lonely mind will surely die as a sad man.

I avoided calls, gatherings, clubs, open garden, playing games, reading, and many other things that I always derived great happiness from. I became a sadist. I looked ugly with unkept beard. I only eat what is available. I was practically dying; though, slowly.
Immediately I realized this, I halted its further control. The first thing I did was prepare me a hot after a clean shave. Went over for a clean cut at the barber shop. I greeted almost everybody I passed by, with a smile. I didn’t leave the house without my headphone. I almost got hit by a cyclist for I was carried away the music I was listening too. I have missed a lot! I realized this when I tuned to my best radio station and realized my favourite artist dropped a new single! Geez! Where was i? That was rhetorical cos I knew the answer: I was busy dying…lol
So, I called my friend and asked for the next meet. Yay!!!! I’m going clubbing. I’m sure depression must be very disappointed at this stage. And whatever chooses to come later should meet me sane and happy.
You don’t have to condemn yourself to house imprisonment. Go out. You will definitely make new friends at those public places you’ve been avoiding. People that will give you reason to live on. Friends that you will be able to speak with share your problems with and you may be surprised you will be getting better ideas from them. Or you might end up fine tuning the ones you already thought of. Believe it or not, you will get relieved talking about your problems than hording it.

7. BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE
Quote: a bird flies with whatever is in its stomach (African proverb)

There are so many ways you can boost your confidence.
* Love yourself.
Have you tried talking to your reflection from the mirror? You haven’t? Try it. It’s an awesome madness!  Say nice things to yourself and about yourself.
* Listen to music
Yeah!!! Your favourite artiste is getting aired, go crazy! Plug your ears, turn up the volume, sing along, loudly, dance around madly. It’s your world,  admit it. Say it, confess it.
* Take selfies and enjoy the review
take your time to take selfies everywhere and enjoy swiping your gallery, reviewing them. Don’t forget to make funny faces as often as u could. Watch a slide show on your flat screen TV or your computers. Upload them on your favourite social network and don’t forget to add titles and captions like ‘if you don’t like my face, protest by colliding with a moving train’….’I am here to stay, live with it’…..’I love you all’….’I just love myself’…..’Do you like me? Oh! That’s rhetorical, don’t answer…lol’….and so on…

Try these amongst many other you will eventually come up with and you’re on your way to recovery.

8. CONSTANT PRAYER, OR CONFESSION
Quote: no man will ever grow taller than his thoughts.

The saying, ‘you are what you say’ is true and perfect for your progress in this aspect. As a christian, I pray for strength. I confesses verses from the bible which reminds me that i am a winner. I repeat verses related to each thoughts, and i repeat it until the thoughts go away.
You might believe in any other religion which believes in praying to a supreme being, do this as often as the thoughts come and believe.
But most people don’t even believe in prayers or religion, that poses no threat. This is where your confession takes over. Confess positive things.
* I am a winner. I shall breakthrough
* I am not going to commit suicide. Forget it.
* I have no problem, this is just a hitch….

Lastly….
9. I MUST BE CONSISTENT
Quote: inconsistent droplets of water may give you an ocean enough  to float your boat, but will never be able to float a ship.

Now, to relent will mean a relapse, so, I’m not gonna relent about this. I’ve been able to realize and understand most things, I have been able to proffer solutions, so the best thing is to start with the actualization of my plans without delay. Then I must be focused on my new found strategy that has brought back a little of my sanity. Practice, they say makes perfection. If you are able to be consistent on this newly found method, you will even forget you have troubles. Sometimes, the mind reminds you of your troubles while in a happy mode. It is normal and alright, but remind yourself of your plans and how you believed you have already got that checked and solved. If the thought comes a hundred and one times in per minute, be ready to remind yourself two hundred and two times per minute. In no time, you will be free from this deadly and hard grappling thoughts reminding you of your
*Guilt
*Debt
*Loss
*Condemnation
*Present and future failure or
*Damnation.
As long as you give it some room to take over, you can never be in control.
So, stop being in bondage of these killer thoughts and break free. Take a step today and be consistent with it. You will be surprised.
Thank you

www.acmesuccess007.

2 Likes

Re: Follow These Steps To Solve Major Depression Without Seeing A Therapist by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 21, 2014
Thank you kiss
Re: Follow These Steps To Solve Major Depression Without Seeing A Therapist by acmesuccess: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2014
Thank you kiss
u'rewelcome

(1) (Reply)

Differences Between Girls Men Date And Women Men Marry / Miniflat To Rent At Ijanikin,lagos Towards Agbara / 4 Places People Don't Like To Stay Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.