Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps (30666 Views)

Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by AliuAbdulwahab(m): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-zuX8WpTyuFk/Va_bDRR_tXI/AAAAAAAAKUE/bwJ5VRjEcX8/s1600/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FTW90aGVyIGluIGxhdyB3d3cuYWJkb29sd2FoYWIuY29tLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-736504[/img]
The other day, I was watching a discussion on TV about how to deal with difficult mothers in law and a lady said that she would prefer her mother in law dead before she gets married. Like seriously?

Ladies don't always like the mention of mothers in law because they feel threatened by them. And actually, many mothers in law are always finding fault in their daughters in law. They are not easily impressed. This issue sometimes ago raised the debate question 'who owns the man, mother or wife?". The point mothers in law are trying to make is that they gave birth to and nurtured the man you call your husband while the wives also want to prove the point that the man now belongs to them because the day they got married, they became one and hence belong to each other.

This does not apply to only African mothers in law. Even the oyinbos complain about them too. The truth is that you will be at the losing end if you don't learn to cope with the excesses of your mother in law. Couples divorce but families hardly do. So, these points I will be mentioning below will go a long way in helping those that have been doing google searches on 'how to impress/cope with my mother in law'.

1. Lower your expectations of your mother in law
Knowing that mothers in law are unpredictable, expect the worse from them. By so doing, you would not be shocked at any strange doings by your mother in law. I am not promoting the fallacy of poisoning the well but when you equip yourself with the general belief that a mother in law could give you hell, then you will try avoid being shown hell.

2. Do not take her criticism personal:
A mother in law could make you believe that you are not good for her son. She could undermine you in front of your husband and kids.
She could really pose as a threat in your home in a case of delayed child birth. The thing is that you have to remain focused on strengthening your marriage rather than thinking through all her criticisms. At no point should you try to pick quarrel with her. Avoid the fire-for-fire approach.

3. Communication:
Do not be the type of daughter in law that doesn't ask after her husbands family. If you would want to have it cool with your mother in law, always call her on phone in a case she's far away. And if she's near, find time to to pay her visits and don't forget to go with petty gifts. By so doing, you are buying her over.

4. Encourage your husband in giving both financial and moral care to his parents:
Some wives are only concerned about their own family forgetting that their husbands family exist. Your mother in law or any other person from your husband's family won't have any problem with you if they know that you have not tried to monopolize your husband's income. Always remind your husband to care for his parents before they think that its your people you packing the money to.

Source: http://www.abdoolwahab.com/2015/07/you-wont-have-problem-with-your-mother.html

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by elnino3(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
What if your mother in law mama gee, Will all these work?

23 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
This Thread is SEXIST. What about us Guys? You think we don't have problems with our Mothers-in-law. Personally am not close with my Family and I can't complain too much. You can choose friends not FAMILY undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by efonat(m): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
[size=30pt]I don't have any financial obligations to my mother in law[/size].

8 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by sukkot: 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
ok
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by sweatlana: 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by LatestTrend: 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
wink

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
A bad mother in law can't be pleased

do good to her today

tomorrow she forgets and cancel them cos of a minor mistake

if u like fry egg for her everyday

14 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dear future wife, my mum requires only 4 things:

1. You must be a good cook cause her son cook like a chef.

2. You must posses humility and self respect.

3. If you are not born again, you must be willing to accept Jesus.

4. You must not starve her son in your matrimonial duty wink

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by yinchar(m): 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
lol...They wont listen, I once met a lady, that said categorically said she wish her mother in law is dead
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Qweenedo2(f): 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ok
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by akosh005: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
Also add her phone no to ur family n friends numbers

4 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by koplisun: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
Somw mother inlaw na wintch o na problem dem go just won dey create.

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Etumgbe(m): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
I just pray I don't marry Jezebel as a wife if not I see myself kicking her out if she dares my mother cos I don't play with my sweet mum.

7 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by DiegoNakel(m): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Shey una dy hear
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Good points. My very first comment on NL !!!

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by okotv(m): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Steps again ? How about flyovers ?

4 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by nnomy3: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Seriously I get this unconscious weight and a bit uncomfortable whenever I hear of mother-in-law. It's just like a competition and you trying so hard not to win

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
Story that touches the bombom undecided

Be yourself

6 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by eyeon(m): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
One thing about fathers-in-law; they hardly have issues like the mothers-in-law. #NDI_NNA

6 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Orter(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gooooooooood
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by MRpii(m): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
Noted
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
AliuAbdulwahab:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-zuX8WpTyuFk/Va_bDRR_tXI/AAAAAAAAKUE/bwJ5VRjEcX8/s1600/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FTW90aGVyIGluIGxhdyB3d3cuYWJkb29sd2FoYWIuY29tLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-736504[/img]
The other day, I was watching a discussion on TV about how to deal with difficult mothers in law and a lady said that she would prefer her mother in law dead before she gets married. Like seriously?

Ladies don't always like the mention of mothers in law because they feel threatened by them. And actually, many mothers in law are always finding fault in their daughters in law. They are not easily impressed. This issue sometimes ago raised the debate question 'who owns the man, mother or wife?". The point mothers in law are trying to make is that they gave birth to and nurtured the man you call your husband while the wives also want to prove the point that the man now belongs to them because the day they got married, they became one and hence belong to each other.

This does not apply to only African mothers in law. Even the oyinbos complain about them too. The truth is that you will be at the losing end if you don't learn to cope with the excesses of your mother in law. Couples divorce but families hardly do. So, these points I will be mentioning below will go a long way in helping those that have been doing google searches on 'how to impress/cope with my mother in law'.

1. Lower your expectations of your mother in law
Knowing that mothers in law are unpredictable, expect the worse from them. By so doing, you would not be shocked at any strange doings by your mother in law. I am not promoting the fallacy of poisoning the well but when you equip yourself with the general belief that a mother in law could give you hell, then you will try avoid being shown hell.

2. Do not take her criticism personal:
A mother in law could make you believe that you are not good for her son. She could undermine you in front of your husband and kids.
She could really pose as a threat in your home in a case of delayed child birth. The thing is that you have to remain focused on strengthening your marriage rather than thinking through all her criticisms. At no point should you try to pick quarrel with her. Avoid the fire-for-fire approach.

3. Communication:
Do not be the type of daughter in law that doesn't ask after her husbands family. If you would want to have it cool with your mother in law, always call her on phone in a case she's far away. And if she's near, find time to to pay her visits and don't forget to go with petty gifts. By so doing, you are buying her over.

4. Encourage your husband in giving both financial and moral care to his parents:
Some wives are only concerned about their own family forgetting that their husbands family exist. Your mother in law or any other person from your husband's family won't have any problem with you if they know that you have not tried to monopolize your husband's income. Always remind your husband to care for his parents before they think that its your people you packing the money to.

Source: http://www.abdoolwahab.com/2015/07/you-wont-have-problem-with-your-mother.html
MANY NIGERIA LADIES JUST FULL OF PRIDE, AND THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THERE PROBLEM

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by michaelwilli(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
I hereby book a piece of land on dis post. Op take note
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
You sef grin good tips for u ladies o beta take am undecided
deracathy:
Story that touches the bombom undecided

Be yourself
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by dream2014: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
The most important step is to always remember that you will be a mother in law someday.

6 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmm

Change ur callerfeel to ... " my mother-in-law amaka!!!"
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by eyeon(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
akosh005:
Also add her phone no to ur family n friends numbers
Believe me, this wount satisfy her/them.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by MRpii(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
Page front
nnomy3:
Front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? / Husband Of Egopersonified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.