Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Abortion: The Legal And Religious Views - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Abortion: The Legal And Religious Views (426 Views)

Ethnic And Religious Hatred On Nairaland. / Photo – Doctor Caught On Camera Defiling Women During Abortion In Theatre Room / What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abortion: The Legal And Religious Views by fentoluwa2(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
Abortion in a simple definition is the getting rid of a pregnancy. Oxford dictionary defined it as ''the deliberate ending of a pregnancy at an early stage'' This is often done because of the fear nurtured by the female because financially, educationally or her body structure is not ready to bear the nine months of conceiving the pregnancy to the birthing stage.

though some countries like japan, legalize abortion under some conditions to preserve the female's life. in the United kingdom it is allowed if the pregnancy is still within 28 weeks. Here in Nigeria, 'abortion' as a term is generally unknown but words such as 'unlawful miscarriage' s. 228-230, 297 and 328 of the criminal code is construe to mean abortion.

From the above law, it is illegal to procure or carry out an abortion. some pro activist have been at the front row claiming every human is entitle to his or her natural rights, giving reasons that you own your body. As we know every law contains certain form of morality though the two terms flow different most time; what is a moral wrong may be lawful in some circumstances.words from the religious books says it all, from the Quran 6:151-

"Come, I will rehearse what God hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not nigh to shameful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.

this verse is self explanatory and needs not much emphasis. Corroborating this with the Holy Bible;

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the belly I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.

think before you venture in to the sexual acts, Stay positive!
Re: Abortion: The Legal And Religious Views by holatin(m): 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
Thank you my mummy for not aborting me then
Re: Abortion: The Legal And Religious Views by fejikudz(m): 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
Make i first book space

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Gives 15% Salary Bonus To Its Workers / Meaning Of Some Words You Need To Know / Discussion!!! Police Hit A Guy With His Stick In Calabar...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.