Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) (36737 Views)

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by TheRealCoolHunK: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
Time. SMH
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by ShakurM(m): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
mayorall:
This isn't 15 years ago.
very good observation!
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by akinsadeez(m): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
that first picture clearly aint 15 yrs ago. Bishop is 60 yrs old. does that picture look like a picture of a 45 year old man It looks like a picture of him when he was still in Kaduna. Op don't just swallow anything from Google, try and do a bit of research yourself before you post. Not everything you see in Google is automatically right.
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Afrok(m): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
If U fly high in the sky without been caught up in the holdups, gallops, heat and noise of travellin on the road, u'll look young and fresh too...
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Ataime16(m): 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by yunisco: 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=Zedric post=29000704]Money gathered from poor people made them look good

Poverty mentality is affecting ur memory. Ehya
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by condralbede(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nctrice:
Money has made them closer! One would notice it even on the photos!
gringringrin you beat me to that.
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by MistadeRegal(m): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
For many years, the man had been standing at the back of his .......... (a) woman (b) sweetheart (c) wife (d) soulmate (e) honey. Choose the best answer that fills the gap
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Wyclefniranz(m): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
im head neva bald then sha...............sorry to say ooo
undecidedim head neva bald then sha...............sorry to say ooo
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by stagger: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2014
Zedric:
Money gathered from poor people made them look good

How many poor people can give up to what Bishop makes from his oil bloc on a daily basis? When I see such posts, I am maddened to a degree where I could rip off someone's throat. How much money does a poor person have? So people who live on less than $1 a day are responsible for Bishop's net worth right?

Either you have buried your commonsense in the sand or you are just plain dumb.
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by 100Cents: 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
rozayx5:
Just a handshake and The Man of God turned my Big bros life around cheesy

Tell me how e take happened ?
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by 100Cents: 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
stagger:

How many poor people can give up to what Bishop makes from his oil bloc on a daily basis? When I see such posts, I am maddened to a degree where I could rip off someone's throat. How much money does a poor person have? So people who live on less than $1 a day are responsible for Bishop's net worth right?

Bros, " Big Bishops and their wives " have accounts in Naira, dollar and pounds sterling.

People like you and me pay into these accounts daily( Prophet seed ) Don't ask me how I knew.. The money dey big. shocked

It is called GOODWILL, oil well or no oil well..

Imagine you opening account with bank A and you never deposited N1 in that account, but the daily depositors are up to 50 people paying in daily. All you do is withdraw.. Haha.
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by harry509: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
ibeandrew7:
Seriously money is important.It has really transformed them.

Photo: http://m.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F1J9hH6R&h=SAQHxZ9YL&enc=AZNob8Pyva0Qm5rX5huRG-0YPCfgqJLauXZ2KPm1GrNZHgkS5Bf14cK8Lqcv2NhIkgvfl8wGc_dypyycvspXndsg--JExm51wW3QD1a7fXGa0g
God is good all d time.
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
stagger:

Correct me if I'm wrong but we can assume that the Bishop has a fellowship of abt 5 million strong in Nigeria, right? And since the poverty level in Nigeria is 62% that means statistically 3.1 Million poor men are his church members, right? So if 3.1 million pple donate 100 that makes it 310000000 (310 million naira) of poor man's money in one Sunday. Now calculate that for a Sunday's offering, thanksgiving service, midweek service, first fruit, daddy's birthday and other miscellaneous donations, what did u arrive at? Now calculate for the poor pple in other countries where the church has its presence. Do u still want to tear my throat out for making a wrong accusation?

Btw, did the bishop buy this oil block b4 or after the establishment of his church? B4 or after pple started giving offering to him?
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by stagger: 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
Zedric:
Correct me if I'm wrong but we can assume that the Bishop has a fellowship of abt 5 million strong in Nigeria, right? And since the poverty level in Nigeria is 62% that means statistically 3.1 Million poor men are his church members, right? So if 3.1 million pple donate 100 that makes it 310000000 (310 million naira) of poor man's money in one Sunday. Now calculate that for a Sunday's offering, thanksgiving service, midweek service, first fruit, daddy's birthday and other miscellaneous donations, what did u arrive at? Now calculate for the poor pple in other countries where the church has its presence. Do u still want to tear my throat out for making a wrong accusation?

Btw, did the bishop buy this oil block b4 or after the establishment of his church? B4 or after pple started giving offering to him?

Now let me address your points.

1) Your statements are made of complete assumptions. How many books has Bishop written?
2) How many copies of his books have been sold worldwide?
3) How much was spent in the construction of Faith Tabernacle, the complex at Goshen in Auta Balefi in Nasarawa State, Covenant University, Landmark University, the 4 Gulfstream aircraft owned by the church, and other structures setup by the church? I do hope you know that every church complex houses an auditorium, the Kingdom Heritage Model School, a youth church, offices, access roads and parking lots?

Now when you have properly gone round the country and taken a census, ask yourself HOW MANY POOR PEOPLE ON LESS THAN $1 A DAY WILL BE REQUIRED TO SETUP SUCH STRUCTURES. Just do the Maths after you have done your research (based on facts and not assumptions), then come back here to tell us.

The church auctions thousands of vehicles annually. The church awards contracts worth billions yearly. Even people like Tee Mac the flutist who came out to criticize Bishop for using a private jet forgot to mention to the public that he was given a contract to supply stones used for the construction of one of the universities! Talk of biting the fingers that fed him.

Winners is not a poor church because our God is not a poor God. The bible tells me that Christ came into the world and was made poor so that we may become rich, due to his having paid the price for us.

If you have friends who are in the occult, ask them of the principle of substitution, giving and sacrifice. They understand these things. People who are carnally minded and have no knowledge of spiritual things like yourself cannot understand.
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
stagger:

Now let me address your points.

1) Your statements are made of complete assumptions. How many books has Bishop written?
2) How many copies of his books have been sold worldwide?
3) How much was spent in the construction of Faith Tabernacle, the complex at Goshen in Auta Balefi in Nasarawa State, Covenant University, Landmark University, the 4 Gulfstream aircraft owned by the church, and other structures setup by the church? I do hope you know that every church complex houses an auditorium, the Kingdom Heritage Model School, a youth church, offices, access roads and parking lots?

Now when you have properly gone round the country and taken a census, ask yourself HOW MANY POOR PEOPLE ON LESS THAN $1 A DAY WILL BE REQUIRED TO SETUP SUCH STRUCTURES. Just do the Maths after you have done your research (based on facts and not assumptions), then come back here to tell us.

The church auctions thousands of vehicles annually. The church awards contracts worth billions yearly. Even people like Tee Mac the flutist who came out to criticize Bishop for using a private jet forgot to mention to the public that he was given a contract to supply stones used for the construction of one of the universities! Talk of biting the fingers that fed him.

Winners is not a poor church because our God is not a poor God. The bible tells me that Christ came into the world and was made poor so that we may become rich, due to his having paid the price for us.

If you have friends who are in the occult, ask them of the principle of substitution, giving and sacrifice. They understand these things. People who are carnally minded and have no knowledge of spiritual things like yourself cannot understand.

I have just 1 question; where does the church generate its money?

*MODIFIED *
I just read the whole content of you post and I'm very sorry for arguing with you. I thought u were just a lil bit enough to engage in an informative/matured argument but I can see I'm wrong. I give up, U are right and I'm wrong
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by millionboi(m): 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
Picture quality...ma...felow
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Coded7: 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
If u call dis one ur Papa, wetin u go come. Call d Papa wey born u? Oshi d part of d bible wey tell u say make u no call any man ur fada except ur Father who is in heaven do disappear 4rm ur bible?
mayorall:

I got to know Papa in year 2000. Ain't discrediting your picture but that must be when papa was in Kaduna or before mandate.
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by stagger: 11:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
Zedric:

I have just 1 question; where does the church generate its money?

*MODIFIED *
I just read the whole content of you post and I'm very sorry for arguing with you. I thought u were just a lil bit enough to engage in an informative/matured argument but I can see I'm wrong. I give up, U are right and I'm wrong

The offerings and tithes that are brought into the church constitute a percentage of the money, but it is not the source of the major projects handled by the church. Church members give a sizeable portion of their money to these projects. The pastors and Bishop himself give a sizeable portion of their money as well.

Bishop has several sources of income which have NOTHING to do with the church. He does not take a dime from the church in salary or allowance. He does not need to.

I give you an example. President Obasanjo was building a library. How much of his own money went into it? Adenuga gave 250million. There were those who gave N1bn. The people whom a man has touched can easily give money to his cause.

When I buried my dad, people whose lives he had touched (including some people in government today) were outdoing themselves to contribute financially to event. One guy gave us two cows. Another did the road leading to our house. Another paid for drinks. One gave me $US2,500. Another signed off N2m. I can go on and on. With a burial bill of close to N10m, how many poor people in my village would I have to go cap in hand to begging for them to contribute to the event? Why would I have to do this when people my dad helped to be what they are today are alive and accessible?

Bishop is a global phenomenon. If he needs something (a big IF), he does not need to beg poor people to pay for it. He does not need church offering. You saw him standing beside GEJ during the pilgrimage. He can walk into any presidential villa in the world. That is the level he operates in, given to him by God Almighty because of the impact his ministry is having. He does not need to beg any person living on less than $2 a day for money.

1 Like

Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Intellab(m): 11:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
He is indeed blessed
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 19, 2014
This picture was definitely before Bishop Oyedepo started his ministry in the 80s. This man has grown from strenght to strenght. I remember when he started the church in Angwa Rimi in kaduna before moving to Barnawa where the Garden of Faith stands today. I was a child then. He used to stand st the pulpit and say that his voice will be heard all over the world...we used to think it was a joke but now, look at what is happening

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See all the Good Works of Gov. Willie Obiano in Pictures as he transforms Anambra.

Gosi uwa n'ile na ibu Nwa Anambra

Like the official page of Anambra State on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anambra-State-Online/729514517126819

ANAMBRA A'DIGHO MMA!

1 Like

Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by Samcathe: 6:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Start thinking of how to gather money from poor people and see how easy is going to be.

Zedric:
Money gathered from poor people made them look good
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by mayorall(m): 7:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Coded7:
If u call dis one ur Papa, wetin u go come. Call d Papa wey born u? Oshi d part of d bible wey tell u say make u no call any man ur fada except ur Father who is in heaven do disappear 4rm ur bible?

I have 3 fathers.

The one who gave birth to me

My spiritual father

My heavenly father

I hope you can understand?
Re: Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) by stagger: 7:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Samcathe:
Start thinking of how to gather money from poor people and see how easy is going to be.

Abeg make you help me tell am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD / DSS Invitation In Order - Apostle Suleman / Pastor Chukwuma Okezuo Arrested Over Rochas Okorocha 'Ritual' Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.