Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,936 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

Guidelines To Follow - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Guidelines To Follow (440 Views)

I Need Your Advice To Follow My Dream In Mechanical Engineering / I Need Guidelines On Niit Exams / Sample Letter Or Guidelines For Seeking Confirmation At Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guidelines To Follow by Biebee(f): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hello fabulous,
Today, what I am going to share with you are few simple to follow guidelines that if strictly adhered to and implemented, would be the lifeline of your success in the business arena.

PREPARE A BUSINESS PLAN
Once you have identified the type of business you want to venture into, what comes next is preparing a plan tailored towards the success of your business. Your plan should include:
*Capital that would sustain the business for the first few months to a year.
*Location where you believe the venture would thrive most.
*Market- This is type of product you would like to sell or the service you would love to render that will be of utmost value to your customers.
*Staff- This are the people who would work with you. They must have background knowledge of what your business encompasses and then undergo intensive training to better understand the venture.

DECIPHER WHERE YOUR PRODUCT/SERVICE IS REQUIRED
For every business there are people who have a need for it. Recognise them and make sure you are always available to provide your professional assistance.

PRICE
Ensure that you do not over/under tag your prices. Remember you are not the only one in this field, and while you do not want to appear overly expensive thus scaring your clients off you also do not want to appear cheap thereby putting doubts of your competence into the heart of your client. This could be really bad for business therefore I advise threading a middle course.

FUNDS
Once you begin to make profit you intend to get in over your head and rather than re-investing or diversifying you begin to squander on unnecessary things. Advice: Keep your business and personal funds separate.

RISKS
Just because you’re doing well in your choosing field doesn’t necessarily mean that you would do well in another. Therefore minimize your risks where possible.

GOALS
Identify your short term, mid-term and long term goals in the venture and make your decisions in accordance with these goals.

PERSEVERANCE
Every business has got its ups and downs because it’s not every time things go the way you want them to. Your perseverance through the thick and thin of your business is what would keep you going.

INCENTIVES
Take steps to familiarize yourself with your work incentives and learn how to manage your benefits.
If you’ve got any ideas worth sharing on this topic please leave them in the comments box, I would love to learn from you.

DARE TO DREAM!
DARE TO LIVE!!
DARE TO RISK!!!
DARE TO ACHIEVE!!!!
DARE TO BE EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!
And have a FABULOUS day…

If you loved this and it has been helpful,visit http://fabulousinsights.com for exclusive insights.

(1) (Reply)

Developer Curses At Man On Subway, Meets Him Again In Job Interview / [07035543201] Jamb 2015 Cbt Questions And Answers For All Subjects are Ready Now / Learn Php Mysql The Wordpress Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.