Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors (863 Views)

Age Falsification: How Do I Make Restitution? / The Reality Of Restitution –when, How , Why……….. / Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 19, 2014
I pledge that from 2015 I will :

- No longer treat God's people like my personal property for they are the sheep of God and he paid a ransom for them.

- Convert most of the wealth of the church into money and provide for the needy as Jesus also admonished the rich man to do in Matt 19:21

- Never ever preach the lie of tithes, firstfruits, seed offering , pastor birthday fund , partnership etc to my congregation again because these false concepts cannot be supported with scripture.

- Get a Job and start earning income for me and my family , because the bible says if any man cannot provide for this family he is worse than an infidel.

- Listen to and take advice from my congregation even if it means correcting wrong ideas and practices for we are all equal before Christ.

- Stop acting as the husband of the women in church by usurping the position of the husband for the married ones and christ for the single
ladies. If I have abused my position by sleeping with any of these women I repent and will make restitution.

- Not actively involve myself in the personal natural details of the lives of my members and arrogate to myself the authority of making sensitive decisions in marriage, career etc, on their behalf.

- Denounce the one man leadership show and will appoint multiple pastors to support me in nurturing and taking care of God's sheep as patterned in the early church.

- Stop my church from 'fornicating' with the world , especially with business men and politicians.

- No longer preach doctrines and hold them as idols , I will instead preach Christ and him crucified

- Stop using the term 'my church' because it is God's church not mine.

- Set-up counselling sessions to help those I have abused knowingly or unknowingly as a Pastor

- Stop all weird practices such as slain in the spirit etc.

- Shift our church's focus to alleviating the burden of the weak, poor , dejected, oppressed, downtrodden and helpless.

- Preach the kingdom of God as the only hope for a fallen and wicked world.

- Offer all my services for free for the bible says freely you have received so freely give.

- Stop using fear tactics such as HELL Fire to terrorise my church members.

- Stop spreading hate on Muslims atheists and others ,and instead encourage love to ALL MEN.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by donstevico(m): 12:19am On Dec 19, 2014
hmm
Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by nep2ra(m): 12:43am On Dec 19, 2014
Na im be say church business don kpafuka be dat.

You nor want make Pastor chop again?
Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 19, 2014
nep2ra:
Na im be say church business don kpafuka be dat.

You nor want make Pastor chop again?

Well, they should not be in it for the 'chop'.
Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by lastmessenger: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2014
frosbel:

Well, they should not be in it for the 'chop'.
Well frosbel I don't think pastors should work. The preaching of the gospel is work itself. I believe the congregation should take care of the pastor. I only recommend limit to everything. Collecting tithe, first fruit, pastors birthday, special and all the other dubious means of milking the people of God should be stopped.
Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
lastmessenger:

Well frosbel I don't think pastors should work. The preaching of the gospel is work itself. I believe the congregation should take care of the pastor. I only recommend limit to everything. Collecting tithe, first fruit, pastors birthday, special and all the other dubious means of milking the people of God should be stopped.

Tell me why you think Pastor's should not work ..
Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by lastmessenger: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
frosbel:

Tell me why you think Pastor's should not work ..
Preaching the word of God, praying for the people of God, winnings souls to the kingdom of God is work.
Only Paul worked to support himself. Peter did not work, john did not work and the all the other apostles.
So I believe like Paul said if ministers minister to us spiritual things then they also have the right to get material things from us.
So believe everything thing you said or wrote up there but I don't believe pastors should work. The pastors am talking about is the ones called by God and not the ones that men appoint to head the smaller empires. There are so many people who claim to be pastors who should be doing business but laziness won't allow them. Those kind of pastors should not by supported.
Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by malvisguy212: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
frosbel:
I pledge that from 2015 I will :

- No longer treat God's people like my personal property for they are the sheep of God and he paid a ransom for them.

- Convert most of the wealth of the church into money and provide for the needy as Jesus also admonished the rich man to do in Matt 19:21

- Never ever preach the lie of tithes, firstfruits, seed offering , pastor birthday fund , partnership etc to my congregation again because these false concepts cannot be supported with scripture.

- Get a Job and start earning income for me and my family , because the bible says if any man cannot provide for this family he is worse than an infidel.

- Listen to and take advice from my congregation even if it means correcting wrong ideas and practices for we are all equal before Christ.

- Stop acting as the husband of the women in church by usurping the position of the husband for the married ones and christ for the single
ladies. If I have abused my position by sleeping with any of these women I repent and will make restitution.

- Not actively involve myself in the personal natural details of the lives of my members and arrogate to myself the authority of making sensitive decisions in marriage, career etc, on their behalf.

- Denounce the one man leadership show and will appoint multiple pastors to support me in nurturing and taking care of God's sheep as patterned in the early church.

- Stop my church from 'fornicating' with the world , especially with business men and politicians.

- No longer preach doctrines and hold them as idols , I will instead preach Christ and him crucified

- Stop using the term 'my church' because it is God's church not mine.

- Set-up counselling sessions to help those I have abused knowingly or unknowingly as a Pastor

- Stop all weird practices such as slain in the spirit etc.

- Shift our church's focus to alleviating the burden of the weak, poor , dejected, oppressed, downtrodden and helpless.

- Preach the kingdom of God as the only hope for a fallen and wicked world.

- Offer all my services for free for the bible says freely you have received so freely give.

- Stop using fear tactics such as HELL Fire to terrorise my church members.

- Stop spreading hate on Muslims atheists and others ,and instead encourage love to ALL MEN.

thank you for this, God bless you.

I want to be clear here.
I read some of your post, you don't agree with some of the interpretation of the bible, but the op quote some passages of the same bible which I believe he agree with.

Deuteronomy 12:32
What thing soever I command you, observe
to do it: thou shalt not ADD thereto, nor
DIMINISH from it.
Proverbs 30:5-6
Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield
unto them that put their trust in him. ADD
thou not unto his words, lest he reprove
thee, and thou be found a liar.
Revelation ends with these verses:
For I testify unto every man that heareth
the words of the prophecy of this book, If
any man shall add unto these things, God
shall add unto him the plagues that are
written in this book: And if any man shall
take away from the words of the book of
this prophecy, God shall take away his part
out of the book of life, and out of the holy
city, and [from] the things which are written
in this book.

Thank you once again for this thread.
Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by JUBILEE2000: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
how can a pastor make restitution for sleeping with a lady that is not his wife. pls scriptural backing will be appreciated.
Re: 2015 Restitution Recommendations For Pastors by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
JUBILEE2000:
how can a pastor make restitution for sleeping with a lady that is not his wife. pls scriptural backing will be appreciated.

he should cover it up ?

(1) (Reply)

A Need To Create And Protect The Christian Forum On Nairaland / Prophecies' By Top Pastors On Presidential Election...revelation From God Or Lip / What Determines How We Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.