Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,638 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? (1824 Views)

Which Sin Does Not Lead To Death? / "POVERTY" Is A Choice, True Or False? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? by WFMogul: 6:22am On Dec 19, 2014
Our pastor preached on poverty and used biblical passage to
back it up that poverty is a sin. My question now is, will
all poor people go to hell? And will all rich people go to
heaven?

I am expecting critical reasoning and answers from you please.
Thank you.
Re: If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 19, 2014
what was the passage ur pastor used?

1 Like

Re: If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? by bravekid(m): 6:32am On Dec 19, 2014
Bro U need run comot from dat church b4 he vomits something worse than this biko!!!
Re: If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? by Psalmpy(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2014
funny question
Re: If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? by SeverusSnape(m): 7:00am On Dec 19, 2014
That pastor must be high...By the way, Which passage did he cite?
Re: If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? by peteregwu(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2014
WFMogul:
Our pastor preached on poverty and used biblical passage to
back it up that poverty is a sin. My question now is, will
all poor people go to hell? And will all rich people go to
heaven?

I am expecting critical reasoning and answers from you please.
Thank you.

Pls my brother that your pastor is false pastor. Don't mind him, he is a liar from the pit of hell. Poverty is not a sin. But no one prays to be poor, it is the same God that can make reach and also make poor. If poverty is a sin, why did Lazarus the poor man in the bible made heaven and rich man went to hell fire. God loves the poor, that was why he chooses things that people reject to make a name for himself.

Psalms 68:10 Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.

Isaiah 41:17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Jame 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Pls don't be deceived!
Re: If Poverty Is A Sin, Does It Mean That All Poor People Will Go To Hell? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2014
peteregwu:

Pls my brother that your pastor is false pastor. Don't mind him, he is a liar from the pit of hell. Poverty is not a sin. But no one prays to be poor, it is the same God that can make reach and also make poor. If poverty is a sin, why did Lazarus the poor man in the bible made heaven and rich man went to hell fire. God loves the poor, that was why he chooses things that people reject to make a name for himself.

Psalms 68:10 Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.

Isaiah 41:17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Jame 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Pls don't be deceived!
Nice.

(1) (Reply)

Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos / There Is Absolute Proof That Jesus Christ Rose From The Dead! / Extraordinary Feat By Lizard Suggests The Species Is In Evolutionary Transition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.