Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! (1355 Views)

My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by networkgenuis: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hi esteemed Nairalanders.
Sorry to ask this seemingly dumb question but a brother is in a dire need of help.

From two days ago, I've been having this weird cravings for moi moi and I can't seem to get my mind off it cry
I've tried to get my mind off it without success.
I live, study and work in Shanghai and the only place I MAY find already prepared moi moi is in Guangzhou which is thousands of kilometers from my location. Traveling with train takes between 17 to 21 hours and about 3 or more hours with flight angry

This evening, I decided to try preparing it myself. I bought cooking utensils and the ingredients for the moi moi.
Now this is my dilemma; the beans I was able to get at the market is totally different from the one I'm used to back home(see attached picture). I've tried without success to remove the skin before blending it. I've Soaked it for more than two hours with cold water, for where! An hour ago, I decided to try hot water and I just checked it now and it seems like the skin is permanently glued to the beans shocked I don tire no be small.

My questions are:
Can I blend the beans together with the skin and prepare the moi moi?
Any known health hazard?

Please this is urgent, I need guidance from kind hearted Nairalanders.
Please save a brother's life as I've not been able to eat. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by networkgenuis: 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2014
Na the stubborn beans this angry cry

1 Share

Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by Ola17: 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by Swot5: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
That is very serious. get another type of beans(honey). i dn't think the beans is ok. NO DON'T
Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by faithclin(f): 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
Lmaoo. abeg go and look for another beans jor. or gaan buy moi moi in any african restuarant. tongue
Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by okirewaju(f): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
A quick way to remove the peel from beans is to soak in water for 2 mins max and pound with mortar and pestle which you can substitute with a strong bottle and a bowl.

This beans does not look familiar and yes-u can always blend the beans with the skin but i'm not sure you would like the end result.
Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by networkgenuis: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
faithclin:
Lmaoo. abeg go and look for another beans jor. or gaan buy moi moi in any african restuarant. tongue
Lol. Where I wan find am na . I've already ordered for powdered beans from Naija.
Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by networkgenuis: 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
okirewaju:
A quick way to remove the peel from beans is to soak in water for 2 mins max and pound with mortar and pestle which you can substitute with a strong bottle and a bowl.

This beans does not look familiar and yes-u can always blend the beans with the skin but i'm not sure you would like the end result.

I ended up blending it with the skin. But I almost fainted when I saw the end result.
Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by okirewaju(f): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2014
networkgenuis:

I ended up blending it with the skin. But I almost fainted when I saw the end result.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! by breadplanets(f): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2014
Wehehehehehehe...... Sweet thread. So op continue d gist na. Hope u have recovered from the fainting sha.

(1) (Reply)

Practical Cake Baking Training In Benin / How To Prepare Healthy Salad Dressing / Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.