Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Nairaland's Recent Information Overload - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland's Recent Information Overload (558 Views)

This Glo Overload Package Is Actually Working Oh! / "Wetin Concern Agbero With Overload" Translate In English. / Recent Pictures Of Accident Along Ibadan-lagos Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland's Recent Information Overload by Elxandre(m): 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
I have to start this by saying this is my opinion, not necessarily what you must agree with, although I believe many people will readily agree with me on these issues

For about three weeks now, NL has become very boring to me.
I link this directly to the recent policy of the supermods, bombarding the front page with topics every few minutes.
As if that that isn't annoying enough, the posts I see on the pushed to the front page has me pulling at my hair in annoyance.
If i really need to know what wizkid ate yesterday or which celebrity took a selfie, I believe the gossip blogs are best for that.

I can't believe I have to skim through topics in annoyance after not finding any relevant topics to breeze through my idle moments.

Then comes the moment when I stumble upon a nice topic to read and I get disappointed with the contributions to the topic hardly exceeding two (2) pages!!!
A breakdown of the total contributions;

i) the 1st page filled with annoying spacebooking by people who have nothing to contribute. cheesy

ii) second page, the thread actually starts gaining comments, before another batch of topics hit the homepage, leading to the abandonment of the topic currently being dissected.

Only for a shortwhile has this being ongoing, but it seems like ages already!
I log into NL to relieve my stress only to get stressed up with the ludicrous information overload.

I don't visit blogs for a reason, and if things remain this way, I will have to try out Reddit, but I love NL's Nigerian/African perspective on issues, so I just have to keep hoping things that saner again.

Peace.
Re: Nairaland's Recent Information Overload by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
Congratulations OP! You're one of the .0000000002% of people who read past the first page of comments.

I'd do myself a disservice educating you on reasons nairaland has changed for the better because I did that to the last 29 threads opened regarding this issue. Check my post history and educate yourself.
Re: Nairaland's Recent Information Overload by Elxandre(m): 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
The thing is Many people use NL as a sort of News source.
When I wake up, a quick glance at the front page gives me a great idea of what is happening.

They may think it improves stats, but in the long run, the effect will be adverse!
NL is blog-like these days, and blogs loose followership over time.
it's not always about quantity, quality is key.

if you guys are fine with it, that's good.
Re: Nairaland's Recent Information Overload by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Nairaland's Recent Information Overload by Elxandre(m): 12:11am On Dec 22, 2014
charix:

https://www.nairaland.com/2051176/seun-please-something-nairalands-frontpage#29003741

Well answered in detail.
whatever rocks your boat.
What makes nairaland a stand-out compared to the other forums and blogs?
It's the sanity here!

Visit other blogs and forums, and you see difference.
The moment NL becomes too watered down, it could loose it's star appeal in the long run.
The Linda ikeji you guys are talking about has experienced a loss in traffic over time..... and guess what, it lost many of it's followers to the NL people think is boring.

(1) (Reply)

5 Types Of People You'd Meet At The Atm / How Facebook And Candy Crush Got You Hooked / High Quality Cutter Suction Dredger From China JULONG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.