Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Analysis Of Flash On Akwa Ibom State Government's Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Analysis Of Flash On Akwa Ibom State Government's Website (1144 Views)

Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked / Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law / Nigerian Government Website Defaced By Brazilian Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Analysis Of Flash On Akwa Ibom State Government's Website by my2cents(m): 2:35am On Aug 13, 2006
Everytime OBJ visits AKS, the "webmasters" of the govt website make it a point of duty to show off their "skills" by putting up some flash welcoming baba, rather than, in my opinion, focusing on making the site better. I won't even bother mentioning that the site doesn't load in Firefox (FF). Oops, I think I just did grin

Well, for OBJ's latest visit, the "webmasters" have outdone themselves. Check it out:
http://www.akwaibomstategov.com/ (and just to be sure, did I mention the site doesn't load in FF? cool)

I mean they've put in everything including the kitchen sink - tweening, fading, flying, and exploding wink The kicker? I ran it through a site analyzer to check the size of the flash and here is what I got:

The size of this web page (2546503 bytes) has exceeded the maximum size of 1000000 bytes.

I bet they are making millions in salary a year to produce junk like this - WTF!! WTH!! cool cool

Fellow web developers/designers, comments please grin
Re: Analysis Of Flash On Akwa Ibom State Government's Website by Afam(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2006
They needed to put a warning (kind of pop up) that only broadband users are welcome and that is if you have some time to burn while waiting for the page to load.

Unfortunately, projects like these tend to make people believe that going online may not make sense afterall.

(1) (Reply)

Adsense Info / ..... / How To Make Cool Dollars Into You Liberty Reserve Using

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.