Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) (2230 Views)

How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by bedoab10k(m): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2014
Your view on this?

Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Beesluv: 10:58am On Dec 20, 2014
Probably in the new testament
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by eistien(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2014
Moses chapter 2 verse 5
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by bedoab10k(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2014
eistien:
Moses chapter 2 verse 5

what kind of bible do you use?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by eistien(m): 11:05am On Dec 20, 2014
bedoab10k:

what kind of bible do you use?
2015 edition
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Ruq: 11:16am On Dec 20, 2014
question should be; Who said he was in the bible ? No one ever said or I've never heard Santa is a bible character,most Christians just celebrate Christmas with Santa.
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 20, 2014
Lol Abeg make i download this pics sharp sharp
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by herald9: 11:21am On Dec 20, 2014
He is one of the 'three wise men' that brought gifts to Jesus...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by bedoab10k(m): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ruq:
question should be; Who said he was in the bible ? No one ever said or I've never heard Santa is a bible character,most Christians just celebrate Christmas with Santa.

Is d celebration rightful?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by larrymoore(m): 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hehehe made in the spirit.
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Ochiban: 2:12am On Dec 21, 2014
Father christmas is also known as Saint Nicholas. He was a great man of God who used to help the poor by anonymously giving them money at night so they would not feel ashamed of collecting charity. He particularly had a great heart for poor children and was showering them with gifts. He became associated with Christmas because some years after his death, some nuns from his church bought a lot of gifts around christmas and presented them to an orphanage saying they were from Old Saint Nick. Other people started following the example, giving good children gifts at Christmas from Saint Nick who loves children so much.
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by anukulapo: 3:41am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:
He is one of the 'three wise men' that brought gifts to Jesus...cheesy
Guy,you funny die. LOL. Which of the 3 gifts?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by bedoab10k(m): 6:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Ochiban:
Father christmas is also known as Saint Nicholas. He was a great man of God who used to help the poor by anonymously giving them money at night so they would not feel ashamed of collecting charity. He particularly had a great heart for poor children and was showering them with gifts. He became associated with Christmas because some years after his death, some nuns from his church bought a lot of gifts around christmas and presented them to an orphanage saying they were from Old Saint Nick. Other people started following the example, giving good children gifts at Christmas from Saint Nick who loves children so much.

Do u also know the story behind Christmas? Do u think its right for xains to celebrate Xmas n Santa Claus.
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 21, 2014
bedoab10k:

Do u also know the story behind Christmas? Do u think its right for xains to celebrate Xmas n Santa Claus.
christmas is a pagan practise that has no root in the bible, it promotes worldliness. Rather Jesus commanded His disciples to celebrate His death and not His birth as this supposed christmas is celebrated by sinners who dont knw wat is salvation from sin

1 Like

Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by widowhusband: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2014
Ask the mafia
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by obami007(m): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2014
Na jehovah's witnesses pple full here o,,,,make I comot b4 dem chop me raw
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Hiswordxray(m): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2014
bedoab10k:

Do you think God will throw you in hell for celebrating Christmas?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Hiswordxray(m): 10:46am On Dec 21, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
christmas is a pagan practise that has no root in the bible, it promotes worldliness. Rather Jesus commanded His disciples to celebrate His death and not His birth as this supposed christmas is celebrated by sinners who dont knw wat is salvation from sin
Such conclusion shows you are a immature Christian, a baby in Christ and a carnal Christian.
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Such conclusion shows you are a immature Christian, a baby in Christ and a carnal Christian.
k
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by charlsecy(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:
He is one of the 'three wise men' that brought gifts to Jesus.
Three gifts, but the Bible says "Wise Men," not "Three Wise Men"
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by herald9: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
charlsecy:

Three gifts, but the Bible says "Wise Men," not "Three Wise Men"

I know... that's why I put it in quotation... you'll usually hear 'three wise men'
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by bedoab10k(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Is it only JWe dats against Xmas? MFM is against it, Deeper Life also and many more.
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Hiswordxray(m): 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
bedoab10k:
Is it only JWe dats against Xmas? MFM is against it, Deeper Life also and many more.
This is because they are afraid, insecure and confuse.

Why would GOD be angry that we celebrate the birth of his Son?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by bedoab10k(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

This is because they are afraid, insecure and confuse.

Why would GOD be angry that we celebrate the birth of his Son?

Did Jesus instructed you to celebrate it?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Hiswordxray(m): 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
bedoab10k:

Did Jesus instructed you to celebrate it?
Did Jesus say we should not celebrate Christmas?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 23, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Did Jesus say we should not celebrate Christmas?

Well, do you think he would want you to celebrate something that stem from paganism and has its significance? Do you think he would sanction his followers to imitate pagans?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Hiswordxray(m): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2014
JMAN05:

Well, do you think he would want you to celebrate something that stem from paganism and has its significance? Do you think he would sanction his followers to imitate pagans?
Paul the author of most of the new testament books didn't see eating food offered to gods as a sin. God wasn't angry that they were eating food offered to pagan gods so why would he be angry that we celebrate the birth of His Son even if the festival is from a pagan root.
Is it the pagan gods you are celebrating or the birth of Jesus?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Paul the author of most of the new testament books didn't see eating food offered to gods as a sin. God wasn't angry that they were eating food offered to pagan gods so why would he be angry that we celebrate the birth of His Son even if the festival is from a pagan root.
Is it the pagan gods you are celebrating or the birth of Jesus?

The difference is: The meat was offered by a god and latter brought to be sold in a meat market, or a restaurant connected to an idol temple. The meat in itself is not made by that god, but was used for something. As at the time the Christian saw it in the market, it never bear that pagan symbol. But joining those pagans in that pagan ceremony was wrong. No Christian could rightly do that. There were those who joined true christianity, and left that pagan gods, but the scriptures never told us that they went mimicking those pagan practices when they joined christianity. Rather Paul counselled that there is no fellowship between light and darkness. 2cor. 6:14-17

However, some who left those false worship were stumbled when they see others who were never in that belief eating meat sacrificed to idols in the meat market or a restaurant. This prompted Paul to say this:

1 Cor. 8:10 - 13

"For if anyone should see you who have knowledge having a meal in an idol temple, will not the conscience of that one who is weak be emboldened to the point of eating food offered to idols? 11 So by your knowledge the man who is weak is being ruined, your brother for whose sake Christ died. 12 When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you are sinning against Christ. 13 That is why if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat at all, so that I will not make my brother stumble."
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Hiswordxray(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
JMAN05:

The difference is: The meat was offered by a god and latter brought to be sold in a meat market, or a restaurant connected to an idol temple. The meat in itself is not made by that god, but was used for something. As at the time the Christian saw it in the market, it never bear that pagan symbol. But joining those pagans in that pagan ceremony was wrong. No Christian could rightly do that. There were those who joined true christianity, and left that pagan gods, but the scriptures never told us that they went mimicking those pagan practices when they joined christianity. Rather Paul counselled that there is no fellowship between light and darkness. 2cor. 6:14-17

However, some who left those false worship were stumbled when they see others who were never in that belief eating meat sacrificed to idols in the meat market or a restaurant. This prompted Paul to say this:

1 Cor. 8:10 - 13

"For if anyone should see you who have knowledge having a meal in an idol temple, will not the conscience of that one who is weak be emboldened to the point of eating food offered to idols? 11 So by your knowledge the man who is weak is being ruined, your brother for whose sake Christ died. 12 When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you are sinning against Christ. 13 That is why if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat at all, so that I will not make my brother stumble."

Just as those meat were offer to pagan gods, Christmas also originated from pagan festival.
Just as Christians can buy and eat the meat because it doesn't have pagan sign on it, Christians could also celebrate Christmas without use any pagan signs or symbols. We could simply just celebrate the birth of Jesus with our friends and family.
What is wrong with that?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Just as those meat were offer to pagan gods, Christmas also originated from pagan festival.
Just as Christians can buy and eat the meat because it doesn't have pagan sign on it, Christians could also celebrate Christmas without use any pagan signs or symbols. We could simply just celebrate the birth of Jesus with our friends and family.
What is wrong with that?

There is a big difference between buying something sold in a meat market and imitating a pagan celebration even including those pagan practices in it. Christ has a celebration he commands his disciples to do, his memorial. Why this likeness for paganism? Can't you do without it?
Did Christ say he is not satisfied with just his memorial?

Ex 23:24

24 You must not bow down to their gods or be persuaded to serve them, and you must not imitate their practices. Instead, you must demolish them and smash their sacred pillars.
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Hiswordxray(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
JMAN05:

There is a big difference between buying something sold in a meat market and imitating a pagan celebration even including those pagan practices in it. Christ has a celebration he commands his disciples to do, his memorial. Why this likeness for paganism? Can't you do without it?
Did Christ say he is not satisfied with just his memorial?

Ex 23:24

24 You must not bow down to their gods or be persuaded to serve them, and you must not imitate their practices. Instead, you must demolish them and smash their sacred pillars.
Who is imitating who?
If the day I choose to remember the birth of my savior happens to fall in the same date with a pagan festival, is that imitation?
And would God be angry with me?
Re: Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) by Kunleskey(m): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
obami007:
Na jehovah's witnesses pple full here o,,,,make I comot b4 dem chop me raw
make i also quikly enter my shoes b4 they also skin me alive with there words

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Christians Should Be Involved Politics / This Is The Real History Of How The Quran Was Compiled - Must See! / Religious Bodies Spend N2bn On Advert In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.