Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. (5026 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by ooman(m): 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
[sup][/sup] How did atom start?

Answer my question, and I will answer yours. cheesy
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
ooman:

Answer my question, and I will answer yours. cheesy
God is self-existent
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
Op don't never talk science when you 100% with religion....stick with your believe in God's creation and leave us the atheists to worry about the science and Technology which most of us came up with e.g steve job-apple,mark-facebook,bill gates-microsoft.
Planet earth was and is still in its steady state only man comes and go but earth remains but since homosapien happens to be thinking man,they can't help it but over thought about their existence until religion was brought about to answer man existence but its fairytales more or less like a novel so your bible is really a compilation of fairytales and folklores,one way to prove my hypothesis... No specific date was attach to events in the bible...I'm PROUD ATHEIST TILL THE CASKET DROP

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by ooman(m): 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
God is self-existent

So is the atom cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
This is what I was trying to say, the world started from something and not nothing, nonexistence couldn't start our world, this something is God.
Before we say something can or cannot produce sommething we have to know what it is,so I'll repeat the question....is there any point in time when nothing in the classical sense were in existence?
And are you familiar with the fact that "god" needs to be defined and proven to have done so?....you can't just say "god did it" and expect me to swallow your claim...
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
ooman:

So is the atom cheesy
My point is that when you continue cutting a piece of yam, you get to its atom, where no further division can be made. If you continue to probe for the source of the universe, it doesn't lead to infinity, it leads to something, Yahweh.
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Kay17: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
Kay17 Ifeness xcapist cold I'm sure ya all won't disappoint.

I don't remember giving away my credentials as a biologist or that kind, hence I wonder why i am roped into a thread about biology?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
Kay17:

I don't remember giving away my credentials as a biologist or that kind, hence I wonder why i am roped into a thread about biology?
He thinks all atheists are scientists and have knowledge in biology,cosmology,biochemistry,etc...so he'll ask about evolution,the big bang,and mutations...and expect you to know everything about the subject.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by ooman(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
My point is that when you continue cutting a piece of yam, you get to its atom, where no further division can be made. If you continue to probe for the source of the universe, it doesn't lead to infinity, it leads to something, Yahweh.

My point is that if you probe for the source of the universe, it doesn't lead to yahweh, it leads to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the creator of the universe.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
Before we say something can or cannot produce sommething we have to know what it is,so I'll repeat the question....is there any point in time when nothing in the classical sense were in existence?
And are you familiar with the fact that "god" needs to be defined and proven to have done so?....you can't just say "god did it" and expect me to swallow your claim...
It is not for me to prove the existence of nothing, its actually what I was trying to say didn't start the universe. God doesn't need to be defined, it is yours to loose if he actually exists.
May I ask you a question? A man was at a bar drinking hot drinks, then a gentle man comes to him to tell him that his house was burning. As a rational man, what will you do? Answer pls. Don't forget that you haven't answered the main question. wink
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
Actually the source of the universe lead to a singularity not yahweh..its expansion was termed the big bang..
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
ooman:

My point is that if you probe for the source of the universe, it doesn't lead to yahweh, it leads to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the creator of the universe.
Who is this flying spaghetti monster, where is it?
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
Actually the source of the universe lead to a singularity not yahweh..its expansion was termed the big bang..
Big bang is an intellectual combination of facts and fiction.
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
Kay17:

Physics, my dear. I asked what the source of this complexity is. I demand nothing but logic.
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Kay17: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
God is self-existent

That only is not satisfactory, do all self-existent entities exist? We all can conceive/imagine a self existent being, but how do we justify its existence.
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
He thinks all atheists are scientists and have knowledge in biology,cosmology,biochemistry,etc...so he'll ask about evolution,the big bang,and mutations...and expect you to know everything about the subject.
Then what do you use in backing your faith. What gives you that what you don't know, what you can't prove doesn't exist?
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
It is not for me to prove the existence of nothing, its actually what I was trying to say didn't start the universe.
I am not expecting you to prove "nothing"...i am simply saying since one doesn't know that nothing is or ever was in existence then one count draw any conclusions from it..
God doesn't need to be defined, it is yours to loose if he actually exists.
Then why does the bible give definitions of its qualities that contradict reality?

May I ask you a question? A man was at a bar drinking hot drinks, then a gentle man comes to him to tell him that his house was burning. As a rational man, what will you do? Answer pls. Don't forget that you haven't answered the main question. wink
This question was posed by ray comfort in his "way of the master" program,i'd simply go and verify if my house is on fire and then ask others if they have spotted any fires...if I don't find any fire then i'd ask where he observed it from...if he can't show me any fire...then i'd have to presume there isn't a fire after consulting the fire department to also check for a fire..
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
Kay17:

That only is not satisfactory, do all self-existent entities exist? We all can conceive/imagine a self existent being, but how do we justify its existence.
If God is not self-existent, then we have to trace our source to infinity, which is impossible because everything has a start, every element has an atom, an initiator, which created but wasn't created.
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
I am not expecting you to prove "nothing"...i am simply saying since one doesn't know that nothing is or ever was in existence then one count draw any conclusions from it..
Then why does the bible give dedinitions of its qualities that contradict reality?
This question was posed by ray comfort in his "way of the master" program,i'd simply go and verify if my house is on fire and then ask others if they have spotted any fires...if I don't find any fire then i'd ask where he observed it from...if he can't show me any fire...then i'd have to presume there isn't a fire after consulting the fire department to also check for a fire..
What contradictions? Why did you have to follow him at first? Why didn't you ask for proof? What you did later is not significant to me.
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 10:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
Then what do you use in backing your faith. What gives you that what you don't know, what you can't prove doesn't exist?
Your posts are getting even more reta.rded by the minute...if faith is a belief in something that lacks evidence,can one have a belief to not believe something that lacks evidence?
or can one have faith to not have faith? undecided
Think critically...
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
Your posts are getting even more reta.rded by the minute...if faith is a belief in something that lacks evidence,can one have a belief to not believe something that lacks evidence?
Think critically...
If faith has to be backed by evidence, isn't it useless? Pls, ponder over it for a minute. Do you as an atheist have an evidence of the nonexistence of God? We all need faith, our faith is then strengthened by the situation's antecedents.
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
What contradictions? Why did you have to follow him at first? Why didn't you ask for proof? What you did later is not significant to me.
We know houses are prone to fires...so it won't be a leap of faith for mine to be on fire...in reality we know nothing absolute about "god/gods",hence we have thousands of religions with thousands of denominations...
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by ooman(m): 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
Who is this flying spaghetti monster, where is it?

The FSM is the creator of life, the author of the universe. The only God worthy of worship.

He resides in a dimension alien to ours.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
ooman:

The FSM is the creator of life, the author of the universe. The only God worthy of worship.

He resides in a dimension alien to ours.
Did he say he is God or you made him God?
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
If faith has to be backed by evidence, isn't it useless?
No one is telling you to back up faith with evidence....I only tell you to back up your claims with evidence...subjective views like faith doesn't verify anything..
Pls, ponder over it for a minute. Do you as an atheist have an evidence of the nonexistence of God?
I am not the one making a positive claim...so asking for a negative is redundant...you are the believer,can you justify your beliefs or are you going to go in circles looking for who to unjustify your beliefs which have never been justified?
You might as well ask me to give you evidence for the non-existence of big foot..
We all need faith, our faith is then strengthened by the situation's antecedents.
Do you look at both directions of the street before crossing?...why don't you have faith that no car is approaching you?
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 10:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
We know houses are prone to fires...so it won't be a leap of faith for mine to be on fire...in reality we know nothing absolute about "god/gods",hence we have thousands of religions with thousands of denominations...
We all know all men are prone to death....so you won't leap off faith to know you will also die, you won't leap off faith to think that life as a meaning, it has a destination. You won't leap off faith being conscious about what will happen to your soul after you die. Have you ever noticed that your spirit is different from your body? That your body feels llifeless, with you at command of everything. You will feel it better when someone overpowers your body and you feel helpless, when you beg someone to spare your life. Sit and think and discover that there is something controlling the lifeless body, the spirit. Where will it go when you kick the bucket?
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 10:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
We all know all men are prone to death....so you won't leap off faith to know you will also die, you won't leap off faith to think that life as a meaning, it has a destination.
Yes I would die,that is a beautiful consequence of living...now what is the meaning of life?
You won't leap off faith being conscious about what will happen to your soul after you die.
What is a soul and how do you know I have one?
Have you ever noticed that your spirit is different from your body?
No,because I do not know what a spirit is...
That your body feels llifeless, with you at command of everything. You will feel it better when someone overpowers your body and you feel helpless, when you beg someone to spare your life. Sit and think and discover that there is something controlling the lifeless body, the spirit. Where will it go when you kick the bucket?
So if a cow is struggling not to be slaughtered...it isn't in control of its body,but a spirit is in control? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 11:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
No one is telling you to back up faith with evidence....I only tell you to back up your claims with evidence...subjective views like faith doesn't verify anything..
I am not the one making a positive claim...so asking for a negative is redundant...you are the believer,can you justify your beliefs or are you going to go in circles looking for who to unjustify your beliefs which have never been justified?
You might as well ask me to give you evidence for the non-existence of big foot..
Do you look at both directions of the street before crossing?...why don't you have faith that no car is approaching you?
If I am unable to prove to you that God exists, what will happen?
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
Yes I would die,that is a beautiful consequence of living...now what is the meaning of life?
What is a soul and how do you know I have one?
No,because I do not know what a spirit is...
So if a cow is struggling not to be slaughtered...it isn't in control of its body,but a spirit is in control? shocked shocked shocked
That means life itself has no meaning. But the Bible has meaning, it has hope. If He doesn't exist then I die, so?
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Kay17: 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
If God is not self-existent, then we have to trace our source to infinity, which is impossible because everything has a start, every element has an atom, an initiator, which created but wasn't created.

It only proves time has a beginning, because an infinity as we understand it, is an logical absurdity hence it can not exist. As a consequence time must begins. I don't think we should presume beyond what's necessary. The problem left is conceiving of a causal regime without the motion of time.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by Emmalot121(m): 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
Outside of time is time.
Re: Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. by davien(m): 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
If I am unable to prove to you that God exists, what will happen?
Then you have no basis for your belief...and you have no basis for spreading something that is not true...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christianity Has Lost The Light / Cartoons That Explain The Message Of The Gospel / Jesus Saves Us From Sin - HOW?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.