Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny (13189 Views)

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / How To Discover Your Purpose, Or Destiny? / Was It Destiny, Fate Or Predestination That Saved You from that accident or got you that job ? (2) (3) (4)

Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by DEagle1: 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
My question is actually 'does the name that people bear affect them in life or determine their destiny, fortunes, or progress or in life?'

In the bible we can see several people whose 'name' could not allow/permit them to experience blessing or make progress in life; Abram, Jacob, Jabez, Simon, Saul to name a few. What's your take on this?

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Ishilove: 2:24am On Dec 21, 2014
It may. I know someone who bears the name 'Agbogunsori' (trans. Carrier of battles). He is a polygamist who's life is indeed a very big battle grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by frrank(m): 2:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by ceo4eva: 2:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Ask President Goodluck Jonathan!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Nobody: 2:46am On Dec 21, 2014
No, it doesn't.

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by freshness2020: 2:47am On Dec 21, 2014
My name has been my guide (Chinedu)
..buh most girls have phobia for guys dat bear rhe name, they say all Chinedu's are Players!
..I nor know wetin Dem see!

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by PerfumeRepublik: 2:47am On Dec 21, 2014
Ishilove:
It may. I know someone who bears the name 'Agbogunsori' (trans. Carrier of battles). He is a polygamist who's life is indeed a very big battle grin

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 21, 2014
Maybe

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by CircleOfWilis: 2:48am On Dec 21, 2014
Everything make front page now..it has killed the joy people get when their post makes fp

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by ade4107(m): 2:50am On Dec 21, 2014
[/color][color=#000099][/color][color=#006600] cool
DEagle1:
My question is actually 'does the name that people bear affect them in life or determine their destiny, fortunes, or progress or in life?'

In the bible we can see several people whose 'name' could not allow/permit them to experience blessing or make progress in life; Abram, Jacob, Jabez, Simon, Saul to name a few. What's your take on this?
Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Janiobi(m): 2:50am On Dec 21, 2014
Happy Sunday Nairalanders... Click like if you believe that you are blessed today.. Do you know that being alive today reading this post is a blessing? Walk up to the ulter and give this as a testimon: Father lord i thank u alone for adding another New day to my life.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Jamean(f): 2:50am On Dec 21, 2014
Ask Jabez.

Well, it won't be so appropriate to generalize. But, as much as you can try to bear and give good names.

My name means gracious, and without exaggeration...the grace of God upon my life has been "outstanding".

My mums name also says alot about her life. I also have a elderly relation who bears Patience...trust me, you don't wanna know the rest story 'cause she has always been on the "Suru" lane.

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by kayalla(f): 2:51am On Dec 21, 2014
ceo4eva:
Ask President Goodluck Jonathan!
gbam!

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Kryptinserv: 2:52am On Dec 21, 2014
Sometimes it does, but I think is has to do with your inner most believe and attitude

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Readonee35L(m): 2:56am On Dec 21, 2014
superstitious belief

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 21, 2014
I don't think so. for instance Obasanjo and Goodluck Jona, (Awon Babawere Meji)

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by LordMecuzy(m): 2:58am On Dec 21, 2014
Nope

Dangote made his name to become rich

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Readonee35L(m): 2:58am On Dec 21, 2014
CircleOfWilis:

olamilian:
Maybe
Jamean:
Ask Jabez.
Amefrica:
No, it doesn't.
Yomieluv:
opepwince:
!!!!

See people they keep space by this time , Don't you guys sleep
This is how you guys monitor front page at midnights
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1956125_b4din7yiaaafzt_jpegbbf93b67fd52446af7248b26255ac77e

21 Likes

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Readonee35L(m): 2:59am On Dec 21, 2014
its a superstitious belief
What i know is that what you belief works for you,
About fate and destiny that i do not know
But People do like like there names , funny but true
Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 21, 2014
According to mythological science,it does..

Reason because its assume that the tongue is very powerful,and it can command both life,and death..

If someone,or something is being called ascribed with negativity,the person,or something might not end well..

Even in the bible,so many people had a change of name to relieve them of their ominous past..eg- Abraham,Paul,etc.

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by penielsola(m): 2:59am On Dec 21, 2014
It does as the Bible establishes it. However, this issue is deeper than merely changing ones name on the surface. How do I mean..? If ur name has a bad influence on your destiny, merely changing the name doesn't make u free, instead breaking ursef free from the curse or limitation in the name is the key and the primary thing while changing the name comes thereafter. Remember the seen comes from the unseen. So take care of the unseen curse behind the seen name first for a parmanent liberation and freedom.

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by DollyParton1(f): 2:59am On Dec 21, 2014
Yes!
Heard about Jabez in the Bible? Dude had to pray his way out of the bondage his name put him in.
Or Naomi's two sons: Mahlon and Kilion meaning sickly and pinning away respectively. We all know what happened to them.
Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by anukulapo: 3:01am On Dec 21, 2014
Jabez's name was not changed OR was that part of my bible torn off?

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by Babe2sure(f): 3:01am On Dec 21, 2014
What is in a name? Everything is in a name.
Yes, it does. Our names have great influence on our destiny.
It is a trend I have noticed in some people's lives. I have discussed this same topic with someone before, the person also has some names that he said, he can/can't give to his children,because of it's positivity/negativity in some people lives.

It is no wonder Romans says:[nomen est omen] it means: Name is destiny. Because they have noticed it too.
Some parents gave their children names that they don't know the meaning of, simply because they like the sound of such names. There is power in the tongue,if you call a person a particular name, it sometimes have effect on such peoples life. So we have to be mindful of names we give people.

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by abbeyoye2001(m): 3:01am On Dec 21, 2014
Not always. Abiola can be rich boy and can also be poor as a local rat not church rat grin

Re: Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny by adexsimply(m): 3:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Capital no..what nonsense?

How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday / ESU: The Sacred Child Of Heaven