Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:11 AM

'Iyawo Mi' Singers Timi Dakolo And His Wife Share Their Love Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Iyawo Mi' Singers Timi Dakolo And His Wife Share Their Love Story (965 Views)

Timi Dakolo & His Wife Busola Perform 'Iyawo Mi' On Stage(pics / Timi Dakolo And His Beautiful Wife (photo) / Basket Mouth And "Hot" Wife, Share Photos From Timeout In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Iyawo Mi' Singers Timi Dakolo And His Wife Share Their Love Story by oziduru: 5:47am On Dec 21, 2014
R&B singer Timi Dakolo and his wife Busola are currently 4yrs in marriagewith 3 children.Known for their hit track 'Iyawo Mi',the couple shared a story on how they met and other issues.

Read the excerpts below.....

On how they met:

Timi: We met at the House on the Rock church. I was not searching then, but simply minding my own business when I spotted her. I was standing
behind the choristers on the podium when I sighted this fine girl. I went to speak to her by
asking her why she was frowning in church. I remember saying, ‘Hi, my name is Timi Dakolo,’and she said, ‘and so?’ You would not believe that she gave me a fake number and I started searching for her every Sunday until I finally caught up with her and challenged her for giving me a wrong number. It was my lucky day because that was how we started talking. This was in 2010.

Busola: I gave him my genuine phone number but he thought it was a wrong one. Unfortunately, my phone got missing that day. After service, he followed us in a car to know where I was staying
and later on, he kept coming to the house.

On why Timi is an exception:

Busola: “While he kept asking me out, I realised he was different from other artistes. He turned out to be a wonderful person.”

On the proposal

Timi “I went to visit her and then put the ring in an empty plate of food. I was a little scared that she might say no but at the same time, I was convinced it was time to do it.”

Busola: “It happened early in the morning. He said he wanted to make me breakfast in bed then he came with the plate covered and stayed a few minutes. I wasn’t expecting anything more than noodles but he opened the plate and brought out a
ring.”

On some of the best memories of the union:
Timi :“The arrival of our children. I have always been in the labour room. I was the first person who carried my third child when she was born. Other memorable moments include our travels, our
‘alone time’ at home with and without the children.It has been a beautiful journey thus far and I have learnt much being a father and husband. I also feel the collective responsibility of not having to think for only you alone any longer, is a high point of my marriage. You can’t just wake up and go out on your own. When I stay outside for a long time,my wife would call me up and sarcastically say,‘greet those people wey dey there with you for me o. Its past 11pm greet them goodnight.’ It has
been a jolly ride with ups and downs.”

On their best qualities:
Busola: “Humility and the fear of God. We pray and worship God together. Immediately he gets the inspiration for a song, he comes to me. That triggers something in me and makes me feel like he really appreciates my opinion. He is a simple person.”

Timi: “It is always the physical attraction. I don’t think men fall in love because a lady can pray. She is very God-fearing and can pray. When we first met she was always asking us to pray and it got tiring at some point.”

On what they will love to change about each other:
Busola: “He stays on the phone for too long. I want him to spend more time with me instead of
being on the phone.”

Timi: “She should be fast when we are going out and apply her make-up hurriedly.”

On if they run a joint account:
Busola:

More:  http://m.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F1AI8EE7&h=gAQG0bxtR&enc=AZPSVqo8he75T18-VQLP1vbh6i3vTUZ9nUOEQhp7NMVhiY2byPPK5BBcVaWhc-Oz2zHQjZwIJscI2f5mMoQ2WOzL8Oku5SX6RqeDCMnq2ze0UQ

Re: 'Iyawo Mi' Singers Timi Dakolo And His Wife Share Their Love Story by pretydiva(f): 6:00am On Dec 21, 2014
Biuriful couple
Re: 'Iyawo Mi' Singers Timi Dakolo And His Wife Share Their Love Story by Kjking(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wow!!!!!!! When will i̶̲̥̅̊
fnd mine

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ini Edo Celebrates Her N100M House / YBNL: Olamide Signs 2new Artistes, Chinko Ekunand Xino / Ice Prince’s New Look – Keep It Or Cut It Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.