Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,970 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

Trend Amongst Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trend Amongst Christians (518 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Love Dilemma ( Strictly For Born Again Christians) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trend Amongst Christians by iamord(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2014
There has been a particular trend going on amongst Christian denominations in the country for a while now.. Its becoming alarming that I have to ask what is really going on!? I have noticed that, it has now become a yearly ritual that people feel so attached to the new year G.Os prophetic visions that if they don't hear it, its like their whole year will have no meaning, that disaster and negatives will follow them all through the year... it has now turned into the new 12 month calendar, you see people rushing for calendars, new year stickers , new year holy water and all sorts.. also the ritual to usher ones self into the new year known as cross over night, individuals feel that if they don't go for cross over night , there will be no blessings for the new year for them to enjoy, my own opinion is that there is no happy new year, if there is no happy new you! You can't keep entering the new year like someone dipped in water over and over again, I feel staying at home, thanking God for seeing me through and reminiscing on how the year went , what I did right and wrong , and to strategize, so as to have a better and fulfilled year. This is what matters to me, its not until I hear prophecy that I won't be caught unawares by an impending disaster or my year will be bright all through. I need your views on this.
Re: Trend Amongst Christians by lirusehn(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2014
Ohkay! undecided
Re: Trend Amongst Christians by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2014
They will never prosper except they listen to baba G.O. Still, corrupt they will remain, careless they shall remain and Godless they shall continue to be.

2 Likes

Re: Trend Amongst Christians by iamord(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2014
tpacalipse:
They will never prosper except they listen to baba G.O. Still, corrupt they will remain, careless they shall remain and Godless they shall continue to be.
oh u see?!
Re: Trend Amongst Christians by femidejulius(m): 11:56am On Dec 21, 2014
Good post...
Christianity this days revolves around the GO or the highest ranking cleric whatever they may choose to call him. When most of these G.Os die, their church will collapse.

Christians are getting more and more religious and yet, less and less spiritual and closer to God. They are getting closer and closer to "men of God" and farther and farther away from Jesus. Attending church programmes regularly is what we see today and yet our hearts are farther from God.

We don't need stickers and almanacs and hand bands of our church and words from pastors. They are meaningless without doing the will of God. Attending end of the year's programme isn't bad but it is more important to live a holy life

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

CHRISTMAS MESSAGE: Christians And Muslims Must Close Ranks / /. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/01/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.