Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? (1137 Views)

How Do You Handle A Stubborn Kid? / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by WinsomeX: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Yeah... how do you handle such?

Give him a piece of your mind?

Ignore him?

Run your Gen 24/7 too?

What exactly.

Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by IKJ66(m): 6:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Poor in water in the fuel area like twice,he would definately get the msg

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by WinsomeX: 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
IKJ66:

Is that safe?
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by IKJ66(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

Is that safe?
who cares !!!!!
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by STENON(f): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
The best thing is to plead with your neighbour to change the position of the generator.
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by WinsomeX: 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
STENON:
The best thing is to plead with your neighbour to change the position of the generator.

I thought so too. But for some of these gens that shout like no man's business, anywhere they are placed still drives you crazy.
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by juman(m): 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
The situation of no light is very very bad. It make life very difficult for everybody.

Providing 24/7 is not so difficult, even if we got it right since 1999 till now we supposed to have 24/7 by now. But a wrong man was brought in as president in 1999.

What a country!

But now we need another president to fix the power problem.
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
Let me stay here and look for possible solutions.

The gen house is just at the back of my room back at home. And i have this 'full housewife' of a doctor in the flat above us who claims doctors told her she must not feel any heat. Most times, i run to the parlour or my brother's room for peace.

I've initially thought of adding salt but that will only add to the problem cos they have two more that makes more noise than the present one.
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by WinsomeX: 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Harbioollah:

The gen house is just at the back of my room back at home. And i have this 'full housewife' of a doctor in the flat above us who claims doctors told her she must not feel any heat. Most times, i run to the parlour or my brother's room for peace.

I've initially thought of adding salt but that will only add to the problem cos they have two more that makes more noise than the present one.

Very much like want I'm talking about.
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by WinsomeX: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Harbioollah:

Yesso! Vote Buhari... vote APC. Oops! Forgive my politicking.
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by An0nimus: 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
IKJ66:
What if he stays in the next compound and you're separated by a fence?

Where I stay though...On a good day I have like 3 different generating sets and one that sounds badder than an old cassava grinding machine supplying noise left right and centre.

Funny signature by the way cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by IKJ66(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
An0nimus:

What if he stays in the next compound and you're separated by a fence?

Where I stay though...On a good day I have like 3 different generating sets and one that sounds badder than an old cassava grinding machine supplying noise left right and centre.

Funny signature by the way cheesy
I don't know that one o buh thanks for admiring and liking my siginasure
Re: How Do You Handle A Neighbour That Runs Generator 24/7? by An0nimus: 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

I thought so too. But for some of these gens that shout like no man's business, anywhere they are placed still drives you crazy .

I know the feeling Bro. That moment the neighbour turns off the gen miraculously in the middle of the night and your ear tingles as it adjusts to the silence... Then he turns it on again after topping the petrol grin

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapped yesterday / What Parenting Looks Like :D / Uganda's Uglist Becomes A Father For The 8th Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.