Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) (2383 Views)

See Picture Of A Deliciously Stuffed Meat-pie / Assorted Soaking Garri (must-see Picture) / Can You Finish This Food (see Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by twaintoy(f): 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
I usually buy this nut from the Hausas and I must say that I love eating it after thorough washing though.

Who knows the name?

Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by derrick333(m): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hausa groundout or aka hausa grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by Spicylate(f): 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
the wet aya. i prefer the dry one though.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by Mzjhulz(f): 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ofio tongue
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by twaintoy(f): 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Spicylate:
the wet aya. i prefer the dry one though.
So its 'aya'? The dry one is too hard for me, I like d wet one
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by ameryzzy(f): 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
It's called Tiger nut

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by twaintoy(f): 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
ameryzzy:
It's called Tiger nut
Which tribe is that?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by gracile(f): 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
ameryzzy:
It's called Tiger nut
Yes 'aya ' tiger nut in English
it's harvested dry, the wet ones are as a result of soaking the dried form in water
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by SirHouloo(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ekuro tapa, I take dat tin wella for Pry & Sec. Schl.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by twaintoy(f): 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
gracile:

Yes 'aya ' tiger nut in English
it's harvested dry, the wet ones are as a result of soaking the dried form in water
Got it now but the dry ones are smaller. Could it be that the soaking of the dry ones makes them swell up like that?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by gracile(f): 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
twaintoy:
Got it now but the dry ones are smaller. Could it be that the soaking of the dry ones makes them swell up like that?
yea exactly
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by twaintoy(f): 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
gracile:

yea exactly
Ok. Seems I will try the dry ones again.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by twaintoy(f): 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
SirHouloo:
Ekuro tapa, I take dat tin wella for Pry & Sec. Schl.
Lol, ekuro tapa. Mo ti gbo ri.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by SirHouloo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
twaintoy:
Lol, ekuro tapa. Mo ti gbo ri.

You na Boti now...
You were used to chocolate when we will always long for break time to get our own share of dat nut.
#proudEkitiman
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by twaintoy(f): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
SirHouloo:

You na Boti now...
You were used to chocolate when we will always long for break time to get our own share of dat nut.
#proudEkitiman
Rora now, u sabi me ni?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by SirHouloo(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
twaintoy:
Rora now, u sabi me ni?

Boti ni o ri ekuro tapa ri now, U sounded like one anyway. Mabinu if na misconception.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by twaintoy(f): 10:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
SirHouloo:

Boti ni o ri ekuro tapa ri now, U sounded like one anyway. Mabinu if na misconception.
lol
Re: What Is The Name Of This Nut? (see Picture) by missdebs(f): 2:14am On Dec 22, 2014
sorry cant help u...france student

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Gravy For Rice And Spaghetti / Pls Nlers, What Is This Thing (fruit) Called In English Language? / Can You Eat This Delicacy? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.