Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

Adeboye Off-sets Medical Bill Of Injured Prisoner. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Off-sets Medical Bill Of Injured Prisoner. (595 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Off-sets Medical Bill Of Injured Prisoner. by rocgirl: 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
GENERAL OVERSEER of The Redeemed Christian
Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye,
yesterday, pledged to off-set the medical bill of
an inmate of Maximum Security Prisons, Kirikiri,
Lagos, Ighalo Joel who fractured his leg while
playing football in the prison field. Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye,
General Overseer of the Redeemed
Christian Church of God [RCCG], Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, General Overseer
of the Redeemed Christian Church of God [RCCG], Adeboye, on a scheduled bi-annual visit/end-of-
the-year-service to the Maximum Security Prison,
also acceded to the request to renovate and
equip the tailoring, shoe making and carpentry
workshops in the prison just as he commissioned
40 solar street lights for the use of prison community. Responding to a table of requests presented by
the chaplain of Liberty Chapel in the prisons,
Pastor Tunwashe Kabiru in his welcome address,
Pastor Adeboye said: “I have glanced through
your requests, by the grace of Jesus they are all
granted,” he said, pledging also to involve the church’s legal department to study the case of an
inmate who was convicted three years a few
days ago, after four years of awaiting trial. “I thought that after four years of awaiting trial
for an offence that attracts three years sentence,
they will just say, ‘go.’ Our legal department will
look into this. If there is anything at all that can
be done, we will do it,” Adeboye said, explaining
that there was a similar case that he had to involve himself in during President Obasanjo’s
regime. “I remember I met a man here who had been on
death role for 27 years. What he told me then
tore my heart into two; he said execution is done
very early in the morning, he waited to 4.00 a.m.
before he could sleep; that if he didn’t hear any
footsteps before 4.00 a.m., he knows he was not dying that day. For 27 years years he had
suffered that,” he said. Continuing, Pastor Adeboye said when he left the
prison that day, he contacted the then President
Olusegun Obasanjo, and “I told him no matter
what this man did suffering for 27 years is
enough punishment and he directed me to the
then governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. I talked to Tinubu and Tinubu said I
should talk to the chief judge and I thank God
something was done.” According to Pastor Kabiru, the inmate that got
his leg fractured in the course of exercising when
playing football on the field, now requires a
surgical operation that will cost N300,000

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/adeboye-off-sets-medical-bill-injured-prisoner/
Re: Adeboye Off-sets Medical Bill Of Injured Prisoner. by Joythah(m): 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nairalanders will avoid this post because it is good news and the mods will never take it to front page.
If his bodyguards broke the leg of one inmate we for no hear word for nairaland again

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Off-sets Medical Bill Of Injured Prisoner. by SirHouloo(m): 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
That moment when the church is standing up for the responsibility of the government. God bless our G.O. Very soon someone will come up with tithe issue, if you are interested in receiving tithes and offering, go to bible college now, fast tire and face battles from the world of darkness....
Re: Adeboye Off-sets Medical Bill Of Injured Prisoner. by rocgirl: 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
Exactly whats the news here?
I was expecting to see something similar to: 'Redeemers University fees to be at par with public universities' or 'Applications for Bishop Oyedepo's full scholarship to Covenant University opens'!
Now; that and not this, would have been news.
Re: Adeboye Off-sets Medical Bill Of Injured Prisoner. by bablononi(m): 9:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
dis thing long mehn

(1) (Reply)

Prophesy And Declare Something New Into Your Life This New Year!! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/01/15 / Good Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.