Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. (1275 Views)

... / Grace ( The Gift Of God) / Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 11:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Paul, the hardest working and most cerebral of the apostles of Jesus Christ would be filled with horror if he were to come back to life today to see the distortion of the truth that has been perpetrated and continue to be propagated in his name in latter day interpretations of his letters to the Gentiles, the letters that show that God had them in mind to reconcile them to Himself, when the Law was being given to Moses.
It was all part of God’s plan to reconcile all mankind to Himself since the beginning.

We will examine this topic under the following subheadings
What is the Law?
What is the law of commandments contained in ordinances?
What is Grace, who received Grace?
Who are the real Israelites of the Bible, How do we identify them today?
What is the relationship between Israel and God?
How will Gentiles partake of the promise originally made to the Israel?

You must be willing, like a little child.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
The distortion of Paul's teachings has gone on unabated over the centuries principally because the Bible was sealed, the words were hidden until these last days and as God promised, there is now a flood of knowledge and illumination that is helping us to gain an understanding of what was hitherto hidden.

The way the Bible is written is meant to dissuade the flippant and frustrate the insincere, only the genuine seeker will get to the meat and bone of the word; the vast majority will only scratch the surface; narrow is the way and only a few find it.

The Bible is also written in such a way that only the one who searches for God with all his heart would ever find its true meaning and become illuminated to see the world as it truly is.

While I am hard-pressed to think that this exposition may be an exercise in futility seeing I am dealing with a people described as seeing but not seeing and hearing but not hearing and understanding;

Mathew 13:13-15
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

I take solace in the fact that The Most High God is the only one who gives light, and no matter how raucous the babble is, seeking to drown out the voice of God, the true seeker would always be rightly guided.

Fasten your seatbelts as we try to unravel the relationship between Grace and the Law.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
[center]What is the Law?[/center]

Deuteronomy 10:12
12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
13 To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

Deuteronomy 10:16
16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Deuteronomy 30:15-16
15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Jeremiah 7:22-23
22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Romans 13:9-10
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The Law is fulfilled in your relationship with God and with your fellow human beings. The whole essence of the Law of Moses is of relationships.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
[center]What is the law of commandments contained in ordinances?[/center]

Ephesians 2:14
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition [between us];
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The law of commandments contained in ordinances is different from the Law. One must be able to make this critical connection in order to be able to understand Paul’s letters to the gentiles, infact suffice it to say that anytime Paul talks about the law being no more, Paul is always referring to the body of ordinances. The Law is forever and can never be abolished.

In the Body of ordinances, there was a separation between Israel and the Gentiles; Israel was commanded to war against her neighbours and subdue and defeat them. In the ordinances, Strangers could not partake of the Passover and other feasts and sacrifices to God; these were all specified in the law of commandments contained in ordinances.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
So when Christ died and the vail of the Temple tore, the body of commandments contained in ordinances was shredded, and every one; Israelites, Jews and Gentiles, can now have access to the Holies of holies. Everyone can now say ‘Abba Father’.

These are examples of the ordinances; note that they are also expressly specified as ordinances;

Exodus 12:14
14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

Exodus 12:41
42 It is a night to be much observed unto the LORD for bringing them out from the land of Egypt: this is that night of the LORD to be observed of all the children of Israel in their generations.
43 And the LORD said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of the passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof:

Numbers 19:2
2 This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
Jesus Christ is our peace;

Ephesians 2:14
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The law of commandments contained in ordinances contained destruction for Gentiles, this is the enmity that Jesus Christ destroyed in His flesh;

Deuteronomy 7:1-2
1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;
2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, [and] utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

Deuteronomy 13:15-16
15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

Deuteronomy 20:16-17
16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee [for] an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
[center]What is Grace, who received Grace?[/center]

Ephesians 3 answers our question. Here we see Paul talking about a grace that was given to him towards the gentiles that he may understand the mystery of Christ in God as He had purposed to save the Gentiles along with Israel right from creation.

Grace was given to Paul to understand that the Gentiles were predestined to be fellow heirs with the household of God in the promise

[b]Ephesians 3:1-9
1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9 And to make all men see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
[/b]
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
Grace was given to the gentiles to become partakers of the promise initially given to Israel when they (the gentiles) were yet very dead in iniquity. They were undeserving, But God whose mercy is boundless and forever enduring, found them and forgave them. See an example of the iniquity of those to whom grace was given;

Deuteronomy 18:9
9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Amongst other wicked and detestable deeds, they were sacrificing their children, their very own biological offspring to demons.

Yet grace found them.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Grace was a gift given to Paul to understand a mystery that was hidden in former ages. Taking our compass from this gift that was given to Paul that he now defines as grace, we can see that grace is something that is just freely given, a gift not given perhaps to the most deserving, but rather given at the absolute prerogative of the giver.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by johnydon22(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
that moment when you see Africans, black men killing and bashing each other over what happened in the middle east. God gave law he didnt give law how e take concern u? was it not to moses he gave the law to give to the jews? ok you are not under the law how that take concern you too, how can u be under what was directed at u in d first place... bikonu make person hear word here again...
AFRICANS OOOOOO PLEASE LET US FIND OUR ROOT!!!
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
What is the relationship between Israel and God?

Isaiah 54:5
5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Jeremiah 3:13
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you:

The relationship between God and Israel explains the reason why God (Christ) had to die.
In marriage, according to the laws given to Israel, when a woman (or a man) divorces her husband (or wife), and goes to meet another man (woman), she (he) can no longer return to her (his) previous husband (wife), or else the land would be polluted or defiled.
Israel left God and started playing the harlot with the gods of her neighbours, God warned her severally, was longsuffering towards her, but she refused to change: so He forsook her.
But she was His wife and He loved her dearly, she was the apple of His eyes, the dearly beloved of His soul, and He wanted her back.

Jeremiah 3:1
1 They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 3:20
20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
He could only have her back in two ways, since she had gone to another husband and that one was maltreating her and God’s eyes could not take it;

1. She dies and then comes back
2. God dies and then later comes back to marry her (but in the time being she will continue to suffer in her second husband’s house)

God (Christ) chose to die for the dearly beloved of his soul.
God is power, God died mean that God, the essence of Israel, the pure massive unquantifiable Energy that powered Israel, left its abode; the Elect men became like mere men; they suffered humiliation and degradation when they lost power; the allegory of the sufferings of Jesus Christ.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
Wonderful story of love;
Tell it to me again;
Wonderful story of love;
Wake the immortal strain!
Angels with rapture announce it,
Shepherds with wonder receive it;
Sinner, oh, won’t you believe it?
Wonderful story of love.

Refrain:
Wonderful! Wonderful!
Wonderful, wonderful story of love.

Wonderful story of love;
Though you are far away;
Wonderful story of love;
Still He doth call today;
Calling from Calvary’s mountain,
Down from the crystal-bright fountain,
E’en from the dawn of creation,
Wonderful story of love.
Wonderful story of love;
Jesus provides a rest;
Wonderful story of love;
For all the pure and blest,
Rest in those mansions above us,
With those who’ve gone on before us,
Singing the rapturous chorus,
Wonderful story of love.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
Isaiah 54:6-8
6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2014

Jeremiah 17:4
4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, [which] shall burn for ever.

Amos 7:8
I will not again pass by them any more:

The Israelites of the Bible have been discontinued from heritage, that is, they can no longer be identified with certainty through their origins or way of life, but we can identify them through the consequences that arise out of the discontinuation of heritage, laid out in Deuteronomy 28. Therefore, the Israelites are the people who show or exhibit the character of Deuteronomy 28:15-68; the scum of the earth. Everyone’s slaves, the mentally dead.

THE ISRAELITES OF THE BIBLE ARE THE SO CALLED NEGROES!

They can also be identified through certain aspects of culture that they still practice today even though they may have forgotten the meanings and origins of such practices; circumcision, animal sacrifices, oral folklores etc.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
How will Gentiles partake of the promise originally made to the Israelites?

Isaiah 49:6
6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth

Acts 13:47
47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Isaiah 56:4
4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Gentiles have been promised a name better than of sons. In the kingdom of God, there will be no Jew or Gentile, only children of The Most High God.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
[center]The Third Temple[/center]

Ephesians 2:18-22
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
johnydon22:
that moment when you see Africans, black men killing and bashing each other over what happened in the middle east. God gave law he didnt give law how e take concern u? was it not to moses he gave the law to give to the jews? ok you are not under the law how that take concern you too, how can u be under what was directed at u in d first place... bikonu make person hear word here again...
AFRICANS OOOOOO PLEASE LET US FIND OUR ROOT!!!

MrPresident1:
4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, [which] shall burn for ever.

The Israelites of the Bible have been discontinued from heritage, that is, they can no longer be identified with certainty through their origins or way of life, but we can identify them through the consequences that arise out of the discontinuation of heritage, laid out in Deuteronomy 28. Therefore, the Israelites are the people who show or exhibit the character of Deuteronomy 28:15-68; the scum of the earth. Everyone’s slaves, the mentally dead.
They can also be identified through certain aspects of culture that they still practice today even though they may have forgotten the meanings and origins of such practices; circumcision, animal sacrifices, oral folklores etc.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by johnydon22(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
MrPresident1:

haaaaa shaking my head.... chai... people!!!
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
johnydon22:

haaaaa shaking my head.... chai... people!!!

You better not break your neck whilst swinging your head.

State your case.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
The Law is forever, Grace is what was given to Gentiles to enable them come under the Law.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
MrPresident1:

Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2021
Psalms 140:5-8
5 The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.
6 I said unto the LORD, Thou [art] my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.
7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
8 Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 11:36pm On Aug 23, 2021
read
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
grin
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 8:55am On Sep 02, 2021
Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
1 Chronicles 16:14-19
King James Version
14 He is the Lord our God; his judgments are in all the earth.
15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
18 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
19 When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it.
Re: Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. by MrPresident1: 12:12am On Aug 29, 2022
[b]John 6:29 (King James Version)
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hat[/b]h sent.

(1) (Reply)

Popular C & S Pastor Dies (special Apostle Prophet (dr) Gabriel Olubunmi Fakeye) / Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. / Pastor Kumuyi Storm Ota, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.