Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,013 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. (1270 Views)

Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save / God Is Mighty: The Moon Formed This Two Days Ago (pictures) / Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 06, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbWaIvB_heo

Transcript

This woman made her living outside of Rio de Janeiro. She was very poor, dirt floor house and her greatest fear was that she had a beautiful, beautiful daughter; and she knew that one day her daughter would leave that house and go to Rio de Janeiro to try to make a better life, and she knew what would happen to her daughter if she went there. One day the woman came home and her daughter was gone. There was a note on the table that said “I’ve gone to Rio to find a life.”

The mother knew what would happen. She took all the money that she had, she bought a bus ticket to Rio de Janeiro and then she went into a little photo shop - a photo booth and she spent a great deal of her money, the mother did just making pictures of herself and then the mother went to Rio de Janeiro and spent months there. She looked in every hotel, every restaurant, every movie house, all the disco techs every where she looked, and every where she went she left a picture of her face. Finally she ran out of money and she went home.

One night her daughter was coming down the stairs of a hotel and she was with a man. She had become a prostitute, she looked like she had aged 15 years and as she's coming down the stairs. She feels like she's going to die, but she looks over in the mirror, she sees how she's aged and something catches her eye. She sees a picture of her mother. She grabs it, she cant believe it, and she turns it over and on the back she read this: I do not care what you have become and I do not care what you have done, please come home.

I know all about the sovereignty of God, about the great confessions and I am embrace them all. I know about election and predestination and all those things I believe, but at the same time when I look in the New Testament this is what I hear God saying: I don’t care what you have become and I don’t care what you have done. My Son has paid for it all on the cross. Now come home.

Some of you young people out here are going to ruin your life. Some of you adults bear scars that will never be removed because of the sin in your life, and some of you the only thing you’ve ever seen of Christianity is a dead religion. But I serve a living God who has sent us a living Savior and He calls all men to turn from their sin and come back to Him, and those who come to Him He will not cast out. Trust in Christ. He is such a Savior. He’s mighty to save. Don't let anything stand between you and coming to know Him.

One of the saddest things I ever have to do is preach, preach about the love of God. It is so sad because no matter how hard you try to preach, You cannot describe the love of God for sinful men. God is love, and He has provided a Savior and if you don’t come to him, the fault will be yours.

Revelation 22:17 come and let the one who hears say come and let the one who is thirsty come. let the one who thirsts take the water of life without price.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by temifisayo(f): 10:58am On Jun 06, 2015
pray for me.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by johnydon22(m): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2015
Save from what
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hebrews 5:1-8: 1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: 2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. 3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. 4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron. 5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. 6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.

He that couldn't save himself?
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Scholar8200(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
Now let's not begin to sound like the pharisees who told Jesus,"save thyself", when God's plan of redemption (for which Christ came)was being accomplished!

Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him,
John 8:34,36
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
He need to save himseld before attempting saving others.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Scholar8200:

Now let's not begin to sound like the pharisees who told Jesus,"save thyself", when God's plan of redemption (for which Christ came)was being accomplished!

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him,
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

So it's actually God who saved them and not him?
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Scholar8200(m): 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
KellamLeTorneau:

So it's actually God who saved them and not him?
Kindly quote the reference that informs this statement of yours.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Scholar8200:
Kindly quote the reference that informs this statement of yours.
Scholar8200:

The colored part says:
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Scholar8200(m): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
KellamLeTorneau:

The colored part says:
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Read it this way,

Wherefore Jesus is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Jesus.

Just like it was said,
Matthew 1:21
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
Scholar8200:
Read it this way,

Just like it was said,
Matthew 1:21
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Psalm 82:6
"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'" If all are sons of God it means he will send a person to save people from sin, like a prophet?

wherefore Jesus is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Jesus

KellamLeTorneau:
Hebrews 5:1-8: 1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: 2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. 3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. 4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron. 5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. 6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.
He that couldn't save himself?

Then whAt was he doing crying and praying to be saved? What sort of god can't save himself? Heck what sort of god cries? Or prays to another god?

The common denominator in both cases is that only God can save.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Scholar8200(m): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
KellamLeTorneau:

Psalm 82:6
"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'" If all are sons of God it means he will send a person to save people from sin, like a prophet?
Psalm 82:1,2,6,7
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty;
he judgeth among the gods.(humans with the obtained knowledge of good and evil)
2 How long will ye judge unjustly,
and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
6 I have said, Ye are gods;
and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall die like men,
and fall like one of the princes.
(KJV) The context here alludes to the occurrence at Eden when man obtained the knowledge of good and evil; a child is easily recognized by the attribute(s) of his parent shared. Here the reference to children (not sons) is against this backdrop. Vs 7 gives you the tenor of the psalm .

Then whAt was he doing crying and praying to be saved? What sort of god can't save himself? Heck what sort of god cries? Or prays to another god?
Let these answer

John 1:1,14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

The common denominator in both cases is that only God can save.
Yes and He did through Jesus Christ
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Scholar8200(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
Perhaps this would help

Romans 5:19
19 For as by one man’s (Adam) disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one( Jesus Christ) shall many be made righteous.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
Scholar8200:

Psalm 82:1,2,6,7
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty;
he judgeth among the gods.(humans with the obtained knowledge of good and evil)
2 How long will ye judge unjustly,
and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
6 I have said, Ye are gods;
and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall die like men,
and fall like one of the princes.
(KJV) The context here alludes to the occurrence at Eden when man obtained the knowledge of good and evil; a child is easily recognized by the attribute(s) of his parent shared. Here the reference to children (not sons) is against this backdrop. Vs 7 gives you the tenor of the psalm .

So you admit son of god is not actually a literal term.

Let these answer

John 1:1,14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
Yes and He did through Jesus Christ
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me (David) Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Psalm 2:7

So David was also a begotten son, or did it mean it just like you claim Isaac was the only begotten son of ABRAHAM?
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
Scholar8200:
Perhaps this would help

Romans 5:19
19 For as by one man’s (Adam) disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one( Jesus Christ) shall many be made righteous.

So why not obey him and pray to God for safety and strength, just like he did?
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Scholar8200(m): 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
KellamLeTorneau:

sorry, what in my reply gives you this impression?

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me (David) Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Psalm 2:7

So David was also a begotten son, or did it mean it just like you claim Isaac was the only begotten son of ABRAHAM?

David,under the Spirit's Inspiration, spoke of Jesus here.Let me prove this

Psalm 2:8,9

... I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,
and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron;
thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.

Revelations 2:29 (Jesus speaking)
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

The Jews recognized that David was not just a king but a prophet (and that some of the psalm were prophesies concerning Christ . Acts 2:29,30

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Scholar8200(m): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
KellamLeTorneau:

So why not obey him and pray to God for safety and strength, just like he did?
Which command is that?
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Scholar8200(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
KellamLeTorneau:

Kindly note that the verse did not say 'son' but 'children' neither did the word -Begotten (applies only to Jesus)- appear.
Re: Come To Christ, He Is Mighty To Save. by Anas09: 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
Brother scholar, you are waisting your time with that lost soul. He has choosen the path of darkness. Its not today this truths have been over and over revealed to him. He won't believe. He has been sent a spirit of slumber. Let him be.

(1) (Reply)

Dating A Girl Who Is In A Blood Oath With Another Guy / Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? / Lmao! Checkout This Hilarious Church Sign Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.