Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / . (1374 Views)

Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains / Why Suffering In Silence? "complete Woman Is The Solution" / Nigerians Suffering In Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Helloflife: 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re: . by busterr(m): 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
try and gain admission in any higher institution and leave the damn house for him, or betterstill go report him to the police.
Re: . by Evina(f): 11:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
Oh my God. So sorry. Abuse from a parent can leave one damaged. Err let me invite some people who may have the right words for you.

Cc
Crackhaus
Mizmycoli
Re: . by Diffdeef(m): 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
good to know this is your first topic on nairaland.
Re: . by kessel: 11:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
My 1cent advice is just to view it as normal, I ve been in your shoes I know what it's like. In those crazy period, I just stay quite and allowed him do the talking and guess what, when he is tired he will still stop by himself but when he talks nd u try to talk, he his make it painful by saying bad words. So just view it as normal wen he talks nd don't try to defend except wen he gives an opportunity to. God will strengthen you. Amen
Re: . by crackhaus: 12:09am On Dec 22, 2014
Is there anything you can do to get you busy? Anything to keep your mind distracted from your father... this will be necessary sooner than later.

You only have to be strong for yourself and for your mother, she definitely needs you right now as much as you need her.

As for your dad, avoid him as best you can and actively avoid doing things that may upset him...he may still pick faults with things you do right, but you should find comfort in the knowledge that none of it is your fault - remind yourself that he is just being his usual self again... by doing this often, his hurtful remarks will have less and less effect on you.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 22, 2014
Oh dear me, I'm so sorry love. I don't even know what to say, please let me hug you (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

You're loved my dear, please cheer up for your mom. Find a place in your heart to forgive your dad please, sooner or later, he'll realize what he has done, I just hope it won't be too late when he does

Raise your head up pretty princess, please don't let your tiara fall kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: . by MizMyColi(f): 5:39am On Dec 22, 2014
@Evina
Thanks for reaching out.

They have said it all. My people don't carry last.

OP, Please put on a cheery demeanour and know that things can only get better.
kiss

crackhaus:
Is there anything you can do to get you busy? Anything to keep your mind distracted from your father... this will be necessary sooner than later.
You only have to be strong for yourself and for your mother, she definitely needs you right now as much as you need her.
As for your dad, avoid him as best you can and actively avoid doing things that may upset him...he may still pick faults with things you do right, but you should find comfort in the knowledge that none of it is your fault - remind yourself that he is just being his usual self again... by doing this often, his hurtful remarks will have less and less effect on you.

excelsia:
Oh dear me, I'm so sorry love. I don't even know what to say, please let me hug you (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

You're loved my dear, please cheer up for your mom. Find a place in your heart to forgive your dad please, sooner or later, he'll realize what he has done, I just hope it won't be too late when he does

Raise your head up pretty princess, please don't let your tiara fall kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: . by Helloflife: 7:23am On Dec 22, 2014
kessel:
My 1cent advice is just to view it as normal, I ve been in your shoes I know what it's like. In those crazy period, I just stay quite and allowed him do the talking and guess what, when he is tired he will still stop by himself but when he talks nd u try to talk, he his make it painful by saying bad words. So just view it as normal wen he talks nd don't try to defend except wen he gives an opportunity to. God will strengthen you. Amen
thanks, thats what i do,idont talk when he talks. But he always says disheartening things
Re: . by Helloflife: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2014
crackhaus:

thanks i'll try as much as possible tod do that
Re: . by Helloflife: 7:43am On Dec 22, 2014
excelsia:

thank you. God bleess
Re: . by brownlolly(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
I'd like to talk to you. Follow me back. Let's message and call each other

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Mods! Please Stop Bombarding Us With DEATH On The Frontpage! / His "Manhood" Was Used For Rituals. / Rare Moments, Images In History You've Never Seen Before -part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.