Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Killers Of A Start-up Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Killers Of A Start-up Business (754 Views)

My Experiences As A Start-up Business Owner / How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management / Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killers Of A Start-up Business by Webbyguy(m): 12:05am On Dec 22, 2014
When starting a business it’s either you make succeed at it or you fail, but it’s possible you succeed at it. There are some things you should avoid which can kill a small business, I call them killers of a start-up business. I have listed some below, you can go through it.

Unrealistic action
A lot of business owners that are just starting up take unrealistic action most times. Take for example, a business owner who wants to start a credit firm with the aim of lending people money and they pay interest.

That’s a nice business idea but if it is not backed up with realistic actions, it won’t work. The business owner might be focusing on doing online marketing and ignoring offline marketing. I’m not saying doing online marketing alone cannot work but sometimes it takes time to build your business reputation online. So the best solution is to do both online and offline marketing.
As a business owner you need to take realistic steps that will yield result. You should use a sure method that will get you the desired results you want; you don’t need to take actions you are not sure of because it’s just like you gambling.

Unrealistic goals
Another thing that can kill a start-up business is setting unrealistic goals. Imagine someone who is just starting a business and already setting goals to make billions in profit for the first month running. It is possible and at the same time it’s unrealistic.

When you set unrealistic goals, you easily get fed up following up with your goals. When you set goals and you don’t achieve 2% of your goals in the first month, you’ll easily get discouraged because you feel you are not strong enough to compete in that field, at the end of the day, you might likely forget about the goals you’ve set and give up it because you’re not making much progress.

Its better you set realistic goals and break them down into weekly and monthly goals, this will help you keep track of how far you’ve gotten with your set goals.

No planning
A lot of business owners go into business without having a definite plan, they just believe things will work out with them putting the necessary effort needed. They think business works like magic; they just want to get results without starting with any plan.

Imagine someone who’s starting a transportation business and the does not have a specific route he intends to work, he does not have an idea of his target market and does not have enough information about that line of business that person is likely to fail.

When starting a business, it’s good to plan ahead before you start business, this will save you cost and time. Planning should be a continuous routine and not just something you do once. You should do your planning daily, weekly and monthly.

Source
Re: Killers Of A Start-up Business by Greenage: 12:10am On Dec 22, 2014
Webbyguy:
When starting a business it’s either you make succeed at it or you fail, but it’s possible you succeed at it. There are some things you should avoid which can kill a small business, I call them killers of a start-up business. I have listed some below, you can go through it.

Unrealistic action
A lot of business owners that are just starting up take unrealistic action most times. Take for example, a business owner who wants to start a credit firm with the aim of lending people money and they pay interest.

That’s a nice business idea but if it is not backed up with realistic actions, it won’t work. The business owner might be focusing on doing online marketing and ignoring offline marketing. I’m not saying doing online marketing alone cannot work but sometimes it takes time to build your business reputation online. So the best solution is to do both online and offline marketing.
As a business owner you need to take realistic steps that will yield result. You should use a sure method that will get you the desired results you want; you don’t need to take actions you are not sure of because it’s just like you gambling.

Unrealistic goals
Another thing that can kill a start-up business is setting unrealistic goals. Imagine someone who is just starting a business and already setting goals to make billions in profit for the first month running. It is possible and at the same time it’s unrealistic.

When you set unrealistic goals, you easily get fed up following up with your goals. When you set goals and you don’t achieve 2% of your goals in the first month, you’ll easily get discouraged because you feel you are not strong enough to compete in that field, at the end of the day, you might likely forget about the goals you’ve set and give up it because you’re not making much progress.

Its better you set realistic goals and break them down into weekly and monthly goals, this will help you keep track of how far you’ve gotten with your set goals.

No planning
A lot of business owners go into business without having a definite plan, they just believe things will work out with them putting the necessary effort needed. They think business works like magic; they just want to get results without starting with any plan.

Imagine someone who’s starting a transportation business and the does not have a specific route he intends to work, he does not have an idea of his target market and does not have enough information about that line of business that person is likely to fail.

When starting a business, it’s good to plan ahead before you start business, this will save you cost and time. Planning should be a continuous routine and not just something you do once. You should do your planning daily, weekly and monthly.

Source
very true
Re: Killers Of A Start-up Business by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 22, 2014
God bless you.
Re: Killers Of A Start-up Business by Webbyguy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
imoleay0:
God bless you.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Mack Dump Truck For Lease / In Need Of A Website Designer With Sms Platform / Money Making And Business Opportunities For Undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.