Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,791 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas (1531 Views)

The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? / Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 10:16am On Dec 22, 2014
We all celebrate the 25th of every december as the birth of our Lord,Jesus Christ (though some christians do not believe in this).the main reason for the celebration is CHRIST ie christ + mass.

why then do we christians remove the christ and replaced it with an ordinary alphabet,X?

why?

be truthful o
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Gme01(m): 10:24am On Dec 22, 2014
#singing: if u ask me, na who I go ask oh? Loool grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by johnydon22(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2014
same fin why u write Xristics instead of Characteristics ... just abbreviation
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Emmyginger(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2014
well its an x-rated christ's mass

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2014
johnydon22:
same fin why u write Xristics instead of Characteristics ... just abbreviation

but shouldnt we respect christ and make it an exception?
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Ymodulus: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2014
makazona:

but shouldnt we respect christ and make it an exception?
The idea of Christmas is a fraud. Introduced by Pagan, propagated by the Catholics and likes. So there is nothing to respect.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

The idea of Christmas is a fraud. Introduced by Pagan, propagated by the Catholics and likes. So there is nothing to respect.

so u dnt celebrate christmas?
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by AdeniyiA(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2014
i have never liked the idea of writing Christmas by replacing Christ wt X ,it's. absurd, demonic and an act to paint Christ as been wrong(X) ,nd render Him nonexistent
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Ymodulus: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2014
makazona:

so u dnt celebrate christmas?
I dont. How do you expect me to celebrate a pagan festivity?

Christmas celebration is uncalled for. There are evident proofs that Jesus wasnt born on December 25th. The idea of December 25th is the apotheosis of perfidy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

Christmas celebration is uncalled for. There are evident proofs that Jesus wasnt born on December 25th. The idea of December 25th is the apotheosis of perfidy.

issokay.one man's food...
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by lanxlot(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

ur signature Says it all.
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by ylordy(m): 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

if a man is ignorant let him be ignorant,sir,we don't own you an explanation why we choose to celebrate Christ on the month of December
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by lanxlot(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

lemme assume that Christ wasn't born On 25th december. you see, I av a frnd, he Was born On easter Sunday. so he decided to celebrate his birthday every easter Sundays and not d date of his birth. whats d sin in it?

btw, didn't Jesus say to his apostles. "whatever you bind On earth remains bound in heaven and whatever you loose On earth is loosed in heaven? Hence, d apostles I.e, the authorities of d church has decided to celebrate Christ's birth On 25th dec, who are you to object?
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Ymodulus: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
lanxlot:
lemme assume that Christ wasn't born On 25th december. you see, I av a frnd, he Was born On easter Sunday. so he decided to celebrate his birthday every easter Sundays and not d date of his birth. whats d sin in it?

1. The Bible does not give the date of Jesus’ birth, nor does it say that we should celebrate his birthday.
"The observance of Christmas is not of divine appointment, nor is it of NT [New Testament] origin."”. Instead, an examination of the history of Christmas exposes its roots in pagan religious rites. The Bible shows that we offend God if we try to worship him in a way that he does not approve of.—Exodus 32:5-7

It is a historical fact that Christmas is not the day or the season when Christ was born. So why observe a day that is a lie? Most people do not want to admit this fact. For example, how does the use of Santa Claus depict the birth of Christ? How does the Christmas tree depict Christ? Celebrating Christmas violates at least the First, Second and Third Commandments of God's Ten Commandments. Observing a pagan holiday is a sin. God condemns the worship of pagan gods.

The Bible does not command people to observe the birth of Christ as a holiday. This day, Dec. 25, is the date that has been observed for centuries as a pagan holiday in honor of the pagan sun god. God commands those who want to serve Him not to observe pagan holidays or any custom that breaks His holy laws.

btw, didn't Jesus say to his apostles. "whatever you bind On earth remains bound in heaven and whatever you loose On earth is loosed in heaven? Hence, d apostles I.e, the authorities of d church has decided to celebrate Christ's birth On 25th dec, who are you to object?

Which Apostles are you talking off? Paul? , Silas ? etc? OR you mean the church leaders?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Ifeann(f): 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
makazona:
We all celebrate the 25th of every december as the birth of our Lord,Jesus Christ (though some christians do not believe in this).the main reason for the celebration is CHRIST ie christ + mass.

why then do we christians remove the christ and replaced it with an ordinary alphabet,X?

why?

be truthful o

You asked,"why then do we christians remove the christ and replaced it with an ordinary alphabet,X?"

Actually, only ignorant Christians say xmas like i have also done in the past.

The agenda to replace Christmas with xmas, Jesus with Santa clause, Christain marriage with civil unions and the message of Easter with Easter bunnies is the plan of Satanists, atheists and their cohorts. .. And they will fail.
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by lanxlot(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:

1. The Bible does not give the date of Jesus’ birth, nor does it say that we should celebrate his birthday.

yes d bible didn't, but it didn't say we shudn't celebrate it. give me quotations..

"The observance of Christmas is not of divine appointment, nor is it of NT [New Testament] origin."”.

oh oh!!! den u must b more knowledgeable than people that ordained it.

Instead, an examination of the history of Christmas exposes its roots in pagan religious rites. The Bible shows that we offend God if we try to worship him in a way that he does not approve of.—Exodus 32:5-7.

I av ntn to say as regards ur ist statement given dat I av little knowledge as to what u av said. but 1 tin I knw is...I go to church say 24th, cross ova service Or 25th itsef. I sing n dance Ehh, lyk neva b4 throughout d year!! u need see hw pple dance dat day, lyk David. I pray, u knw, with several odax. I dunot think God disapprove of these.

It is a historical fact that Christmas is not the day or the season when Christ was born. So why observe a day that is a lie? Most people do not want to admit this fact. For example, how does the use of Santa Claus depict the birth of Christ? How does the Christmas tree depict Christ? Celebrating Christmas violates at least the First, Second and Third Commandments of God's Ten Commandments. Observing a pagan holiday is a sin. God condemns the worship of pagan gods.

oh! weda it is d actual date Or nt isn't My concern. My ogas at d top said 25th dec, I shud abide 4 disobedience is Lyk witchcraft b4 d Lord......samuel.....funi hw u listed santa claus n xmas tree, disregarding d sacrifices, gifts donations dat Christians around d globe Make On xmas day. prisons r visited, poor fed, gifts taking to hospitals Etc.

The Bible does not command people to observe the birth of Christ as a holiday. This day, Dec. 25, is the date that has been observed for centuries as a pagan holiday in honor of the pagan sun god. God commands those who want to serve Him not to observe pagan holidays or any custom that breaks His holy laws.

the bible didn't command that I shudn't celebrate his birth.....give me quotes. if i celebrate His death, y nt celebrate His birth?

Which Apostles are you talking off? Paul? , Silas ? etc? OR you mean the church leaders?

the church leaders. they are apostles and disciples of Christ.
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ifeann:

You asked,"why then do we christians remove the christ and replaced it with an ordinary alphabet,X?"

Actually, only ignorant Christians say xmas like i have also done in the past.

The agenda to replace Christmas with xmas, Jesus with Santa clause, Christain marriage with civil unions and the message of Easter with Easter bunnies is the plan of Satanists, atheists and their cohorts. .. And they will fail.

wow.thats very insightful
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Ymodulus: 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2014
@Lanxlot

Its funny how you myopically read my reply and generating questions to which have been answered already in same post I made.

Bushasha!!!!
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by lanxlot(m): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ymodulus:
@Lanxlot

Its funny how you myopically read my reply and generating questions to which have been answered already in same post I made.

Bushasha!!!!
ur comment is hilarious, bulks of what I replied are statements, not questions.
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
@Ymodulus, you are still using xmas instead of christmas grin
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Ymodulus: 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
makazona:
@Ymodulus, you are still using xmas instead of christmas grin
where?
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Martiyu(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
The same reason we write Xtian instead of Christian
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by charlsecy(m): 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
Read about Xmas here >>> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2014
Ymodulus:
where?

scroll up and see ur comment.lolz
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by Ymodulus: 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
makazona:

scroll up and see ur comment.lolz

I just searched. Couldn't find any.
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by gbengarock: 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
makazona:

why?

be truthful o

source...Pst Sam Adeyemi
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
gbengarock:

source...Pst Sam Adeyemi

who is Pst Adeyemi cz i didnt cite him as my source?
Re: Why Do We Say/write XMAS Instead Of Christmas by makazona(m): 1:15am On Dec 25, 2014
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappy christmas peeeeeeeeeeeeople

(1) (Reply)

Satan Was NOT Mentioned 'as An Angel In Bible' Evidence Proves Jesus An ANGEL / *Some Of The Most Likeliest Haunted Objects Ever* (haunting images) / A Must Read Article: I Am Angry Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.