Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Keshi’s My Brother But Has Failed, Amodu Insists - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi’s My Brother But Has Failed, Amodu Insists (423 Views)

Nigeria: Keshi - My Eagles Will Deliver On Promise / Keshi - My Last Child Is Older Than Moses / Manu To Keshi: My Players Are Good Enough For Brazil 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi’s My Brother But Has Failed, Amodu Insists by franxalive(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Technical Director of the Nigeria Football Federation Shaibu Amodu has reiterated that he has nothing personal against out-of-contract Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, despite asking him to stop ‘hanging around’ as the Eagles coach, SL10.com reports.

Amodu himself a former Eagles coach and who was incidentally Keshi’s boss when both men qualified Nigeria for the 2002 World Cup, has been in the news lately, asking his former assistant to ‘stay on as a beggar’ if he had no reputation, after he (Keshi) failed to qualify the country for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

But despite widely reported criticism, Amodu, a four-time coach of the Eagles has explained that he has nothing personal against Keshi while describing the former Mali coach as his brother.

“Keshi is my brother, I love him and I like him and every day I will talk good about him,” Amodu said of Keshi.

But despite his show of camaraderie towards the embattled Keshi, Amodu insists that the former Eagles captain should announce he is quitting the Super Eagles coaching job and leave the space for someone else.

“The situation as it is today, for me, if I were him, does not permit that I continue on the job. I would have just said ‘thank you Nigerians, sorry I’ve failed, but I can try another time but let another person try now’. But this is my personal opinion and it is not official. The NFF will still decide what they want to do with him,” Amodu added.

Last week Amodu had expressed his disappointment over the continued stay of Keshi as the Eagles coach despite his public rejection by the NFF. The NFF had asked the former coach of Togo to move on but he was reinstated following a directive by President Goodluck Jonathan ahead of the Nations Cup qualifying match away to Congo.

Since Amodu made his view public, several notable and well meaning Nigerian football experts have called on Keshi to move on. A former coach of The Gambia and now the Director of the Pepsi Football Academy who spoke with The PUNCH last week asked Keshi to honourably step aside as he had no moral justification to stay on the job. Another former Eagles coach Chief Adegboye Onigbinde also told reporters last week that he had personally sent a private message to Keshi advising him to honourable move on the moment he was forced back on the job against the wish of the NFF.

Samson Siasia who took over the Eagles job midway into the qualifiers for the 2012 Nations Cup was sacked immediately he failed to qualify the Eagles for the African competition.

SOURCE:
http://www.punchng.com/sports/keshis-my-brother-but-has-failed-amodu-insists/

Re: Keshi’s My Brother But Has Failed, Amodu Insists by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
[b]Coach Amodu should tender an official report, asking for Coach Keshi to be sacked. I find Coach Amodu disappointing. Coach Keshi was a former Super Eagles player. He was part of those who played for Nigeria until we became recognised as a top team in the world.

He captained the Super Eagles with pride and honour.

Coach Keshi coached at the junior level and worked as an assistant.

Coach Keshi qualified us for the Nations Cup and World Cup. He won the Nations Cup. How can failing to qualify despite factors like the NFF stopping Coach Keshi from using home based players, unpaid salaries for Coach Keshi and his staffs, NFF sacking and FIFA on and off ban.

With these factors and Coach Keshi's past achievements, I do not see him as a failure.

Coach Amodu should stop ranting and act like a technical director. If you do not like Coach Keshi, it is not by force.

Look at Txiki Bergiristian of Man City. He did not like Mancini because he did not play a tiki taka style of play. Txiki wanted all sides of Man City to play Tiki taka style of play. He sacked Mancini and brought Coach Pellegrini.

So all this my opinion talk should stop. It looks like if Coach Amodu does not know his job.

By the way, Coach Siasia should have been retained. He did not start the qualifiers he failed to qualify in. So how can Coach Amodu give the wrong sacking of Coach Siasia as his reason?[/b]

(1) (Reply)

My Prayers For All Nairalanders This 2015 / Manchester United Announce Nick Powell Has Returned From Leicester Loan / 2015 Ayc: Swedish Club Releasesawoniyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.