Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 (17227 Views)

CBN Bans Street Trading Of Forex From Jan. 1 / YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 / Lagos State Cashless Economy Jan 1, 2012: What Are The Implication? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by viazi: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
Y cant Nigeria go for Nuclear Energy? I guess that's what most advanced countries use to generate power. Y are we avoiding it? Is it inferiority complex worrying us?
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Akshow: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
HARDDON:

The only ppl that aint normal is ur type n amaechi.

Wit d sch sat u got, U dare insult your president because of the 500APC bribed u with.

U ain't normal!
who let bingo out of its pen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by steppin: 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wisepac:
I dnt need money to Vote in Buhari and Prof but
If PDP can do these things before new year, I'll
vote Jonathan and all other PDP Candidates. 1.
The chibok girls be rescued within two weeks. 2.
$20B oil money be returned sharply to were it
developed wings and took off from. 3. The dollar
be returned to 1naira to 1Dollars 4. That petrol
be returned to N65 5. that a public apology be
made to the families of those who died in the
stampede in Abuja looking for jobs. 6. That all
the indicted fuel subsidy thieves be arrested and
jailed. 7. That there's a stable electricity for the
next two weeks 8. That those who bought bullet
proof cars for huge amounts of money and those
who service private jets with huge cash be
allowed to spend two hours in a market in any
part of Nigeria without police protection.( I dey
imagine the beaten) 9. That Abia state, the
dirtiest in Nigeria be cleaned and huge networks
of roads be built within two weeks. 10. Above all
that insurgency be wiped out once and for all.
11. Explain to Nigerians how 16 > 19 and 7 upto
2/3 of 26 in Ekiti With all this you will have my
vote. Your time sta
Jonathan doesn't need your vote. He'll win in 2015. Buhari will surely lose as usual.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by mikolo80: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
and some people wil come and tell us they wil fix power supply in 2 yrs...awon weere! D issue of power in dis nation is beyond generation, it expands to distribution, metering and even personnel capabilities! If u are stil blind to Gej's policies n relevance to our development den we need to use as lab rat at least u wil b useful! Yrs of decays and we expect him to fix it widin 4 yrs abegi make una free d man!
he who says 'it cannot be done' should stand aside for the person who is ready to do it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by mikolo80: 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
and some people wil come and tell us they wil fix power supply in 2 yrs...awon weere! D issue of power in dis nation is beyond generation, it expands to distribution, metering and even personnel capabilities! If u are stil blind to Gej's policies n relevance to our development den we need to use as lab rat at least u wil b useful! Yrs of decays and we expect him to fix it widin 4 yrs abegi make una free d man!
he who says 'it cannot be done' should stand aside for the person who is ready to do it. Cos ur'e used to incompetence should not mean everyone enjoys it with you. Go to china and see how much they've achieved in the time it took pdp to embezzle over 16billion dollars to produce -1000mw

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by mikolo80: 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
he who says 'it cannot be done' should stand aside for the person who is ready to do it. Cos ur'e used to incompetence should not mean everyone enjoys it with you. Go to china and see how much they've achieved in the time it took pdp to embezzle over 16billion dollars to produce -1000mw.no be wetin you produce you go distribute and transmit

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by mikolo80: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
he who says 'it cannot be done' should stand aside for the person who is ready to do it. Cos ur'e used to incompetence should not mean everyone enjoys it with you. Go to china and see how much they've achieved in the time it took pdp to embezzle over 16billion dollars to produce -1000mw.no be wetin you produce you go distribute and transmit,but hey its a democracy and you have a right to suffer for another 4yrs if we dont get the general into aso rock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by fuckerholic(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
. Bros the fact is that even APC know that he GEJ will fix nigeria but don't want to give him the space because they know what they would be losing at that politically,fraudulently etc.they don't want the kudos to go to him and the region perhabs which may give the region much credibility for them to hold on to power. No mind them them dey craz !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by fuckerholic(m): 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
mikolo80:
he who says 'it cannot be done' should stand aside for the person who is ready to do it. Cos ur'e used to incompetence should not mean everyone enjoys it with you. Go to china and see how much they've achieved in the time it took pdp to embezzle over 16billion dollars to produce -1000mw.no be wetin you produce you go distribute and transmit,but hey its a democracy and you have a right to suffer for another 4yrs if we dont get the general into aso rock
. The general that has been there before abi another one ? You see I wonder how you people could be so myopic.you keep doing the same thing and expecting something different in return abi ? The same very person that destroyed our democrasy that would have matured so much now without apology still wants to be re elected into the same system he brandished,killed and destroyed through the same process and fools are here singing praises to him as if there is no other messiah that can emerge.for me he should come out and apollogise to nigerians on national broadcast.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by manutdadex(m): 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
mikolo80:
china's growth came as a result of efforts of all nt jst one person! So wat advice has ur Apc offered d present admin if they so care abt d nations growth?? None and all dey bring is distabilization in all fronts jst to bad-name d presidency! Dude nobody is forcing u to vote for Gej!
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by lastpage: 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
JayJustus:

well to power BUILD a three bedroom flat would cost about 3m...but there's installment payments... so it wouldn't hit your account that bad...hehe

Cheesux! 3Million Naira! shocked shocked shocked I guess it has to do primarily with the cost of storage (Batteries) wink

Lastpage!
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by lastpage: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
fuckerholic:
. The general that has been there before abi another one ? You see I wonder how you people could be so myopic.you keep doing the same thing and expecting something different in return abi ? The same very person that destroyed our democrasy that would have matured so much now without apology still wants to be re elected into the same system he brandished,killed and destroyed through the same process and fools are here singing praises to him as if there is no other messiah that can emerge.for me he should come out and apollogise to nigerians on national broadcast.

In all HONESTY, the General was there for just about ONE YEAR and l bet you that any HONEST Nigerian would attest to it that his partnership with Tunde Idiagbon actually put Nigeria back on the road to recovery, including recovery from moral decadence which spurns corruption and the overall decay the nation is in, as of today!

Democracy was in shambles when Buhari took over, that was precisely why he and Idiagbon took power ...... and tried to correct it.
The same Democracy is in shambles right now (you can see how Senators are tear-gassed and scaling fences! shocked grin ) despite being uninterrupted since 1999! Let us be honest with ourselves, at least for the sake of the younger ones who cannot decide how their future should look like.

BTW: I have my own fears of "Northern domination, sharianization" (real or imagined) but then, we have tried Jonathan for SIX SOLID YEARS NOW, we loose nothing if we try Buhari for just FOUR years and vote him out if he does not deliver.
That is (should be) the beauty of democracy.

But to still vote for someone who told us that "if he cannot perform within FOUR years, he will not be any different even if you give him another four more years".... is sheer stewpidity!

Why cant we hold him to his WORDS? ...... because of tribalism, Religion and Ethnicity?
Well, bring it on, we reap what we sow. As we lay our bed, so we would lie on it.

My back-up plan was activated long ago and power outage is like non-existent in my affairs though l still feel for those who have no choice but to suffer this "shame"!
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by JayJustus(m): 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
lastpage:

Cheesux! 3Million Naira! shocked shocked shocked I guess it has to do primarily with the cost of storage (Batteries) wink

Lastpage!

especially the inverters...the thing is that you can buy from China cheaper (aliexpress) and then follow instructions and fix...no headache
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by JayJustus(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
lastpage:

In all HONESTY, the General was there for just about ONE YEAR and l bet you that any HONEST Nigerian would attest to it that his partnership with Tunde Idiagbon actually put Nigeria back on the road to recovery, including recovery from moral decadence which spurns corruption and the overall decay the nation is in, as of today!

Democracy was in shambles when Buhari took over, that was precisely why he and Idiagbon took power ...... and tried to correct it.
The same Democracy is in shambles right now (you can see how Senators are tear-gassed and scaling fences! shocked grin ) despite being uninterrupted since 1999! Let us be honest with ourselves, at least for the sake of the younger ones who cannot decide how their future should look like.

BTW: I have my own fears of "Northern domination, sharianization" (real or imagined) but then, we have tried Jonathan for SIX SOLID YEARS NOW, we loose nothing if we try Buhari for just FOUR years and vote him out if he does not deliver.

But to still vote for someone who told us that "if he cannot perform within FOUR years, he will not be any different even if you give him another four more years".... is sheer stewpidity!

Why cant we hold him to his WORDS? ...... because of tribalism, Religion and Ethnicity?
Well, bring it on, we reap what we sow. As we lay our bed, so we would lie on it.

My back-up plan was activated long ago and power outage is like non-existent in my affairs though l still feel for those who have no choice but to suffer this "shame"!

would you Sir mind sharing with us that your backup plan
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by gbodimowo(m): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
So what's my benefit on the short and long term basis
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by fuckerholic(m): 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
lastpage:

. He went in to correct what the present administration were doing wrong within 3 yrs and...and he couldn't finish it but now you expect GEJ to clean up what was done wrongly in the past 24 yrs under 4yrs,men think about it !
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by mikolo80: 12:06am On Dec 24, 2014
manutdadex:
china's growth came as a result of efforts of all nt jst one person! So wat advice has ur Apc offered d present admin if they so care abt d nations growth?? None and all dey bring is distabilization in all fronts jst to bad-name d presidency! Dude nobody is forcing u to vote for Gej!
ain't nobody give a Bleep about the nations growth.br'er,its everyman fo' hisself an we just tired of being kidnapped robbed accidented,diseased and humiliated that we want to see ya'll(them) thieves burn. And if we can destabilize you then you not fit to serve

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by mikolo80: 12:11am On Dec 24, 2014
fuckerholic:
thats why its called a democracy.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by psalmmiey: 5:59am On Dec 24, 2014
I want to clarify issues as am in d distribution company of d power sector.what Nebo sed means dat dey will b collecting 100% of d money of d electricity transmitted to distribution companies.Prior to Jan 1,d market operator had been collecting the amount DISCOS could generate from d sell due to AGGREGATE TECHNICAL COMMERCIAL AND CONSUMER LOSSES(ATCCL).But now d government wants to use d medium to exploit d masses d more even with less than 2500MW generated for d whole country.
This is juz anoda grammar compilation jus for d government to collect money d more probs because of election.
People let's arise and say no to d government n dia policies.(NOTE: IT ISNT THE DISCOS THAT OWNS D MONEY BUT GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING LAWS ON THEM TO ENSURE THAT THEY GET THE MONEY THROUGH THEM SINCE THEY ARE CLOSER TO XUSTOMERS SO PLEASE DONT PROTEST TO THEIR OFFICE RATHER D FED GOVT)

I LOVE MY COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by mfm04622: 6:22am On Dec 24, 2014
manutdadex:

Direct your abuses and insults to your clueless President that promised to fix the power issue in 4 years. He also added that if he can't fix it in 4 years, he can't fix it in 8 and he we shouldn't vote him
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by mfm04622: 6:33am On Dec 24, 2014
viazi:
Y cant Nigeria go for Nuclear Energy? I guess that's what most advanced countries use to generate power. Y are we avoiding it? Is it inferiority complex worrying us?
With our poor maintenance culture and penchant for not employing right people to govt positions, having a nuclear plant is equal to committing suicide. However, a govt agency have been is working on that. I don't know how serious FG is ooo, but something is being done to get nuclear power plant
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by lastpage: 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
fuckerholic:
. He went in to correct what the present administration were doing wrong within 3 yrs and...and he couldn't finish it but now you expect GEJ to clean up what was done wrongly in the past 24 yrs under 4yrs, men think about it !

I will implore you to do a little more reading-up on that "Second Republic".
It was given birth to in 1979, When NPN, UPN, NPP were the "major parties".
Shagari completed his first four years (so dont say 3years!) and was re-elected for another second term under the platform of NPN.

But the Shenannigan of that period can better be compared to the debauchery of Sodom and Gommorah!

It was under that governance that Nigeria started "sinking into its abyss" when embezzlement became a fashionable thing, when the "get-rich-quick" mentality started to grow roots.
When Ministers started saying "Telephone is NOT for the poor", "I am yet to see Nigerians scrounging for food, in refuse dumps"!
It was the period when people began to develop the effrontery to "steal Govt funds and live/spend it recklessly".
Let me also add that this was the period of "political uncertainty" which threatened the wellbeing of the polity ...after NPN rigged the Presidential election and declared that 2/3 of 19states is 13! Nigeria was facing a very huge probability of disintegration.

This is what Buhari/Idiagbon (and the Nigerian military in general) saw, after six years of "democracy" ....and he felt (rightly) that if we leave things to the "Thieving Politicians" and let them continue in their ignominious ways, Nigeria will be in a very sorry state in the next few years.

He came in and within a few months, l began to see things l had not seen in Nigeria... for a long time: DISCIPLINE!
people started to queue at Bus stops, people stopped defecating and soiling the environment at will, People stopped asking for "bribe" to do their official duty, workers reported to work at 8am on the dot. That is how "the march" to development starts.

I dont know how old you were back then (No disrespect) but l tell you, it gave me a lot of hope that Nigeria is getting back on the right tracks!
Agreed, there may have been some "excesses" from the then "young military officers" but like they say, Chronic problem, needs chronic solution".
Example is the 'forceful need" to stamp out drug trafficking by imposing the death penalty! But that is how it works.... Ghana under Jerry Rawlings is an example! They reaped the rewards after.
Imagine, going from being our 'immigrant' Shoe-makers to where Nigerians run to, to invest and seek succour!

Well, everything was going well for us under Buhari/Idiagbon ......until that "Evil Genius" quashed everything for his own selfish reasons. We all know the result so l dont need to expatiate on that. Buhari was in power for barely one year!
Now, if you compare Nigeria of TODAY with that period when Buhari came to the rescue, you will agree that we are in an even worse mess!

I am definitely NOT a fan of General Buhari or any one older than 40yrs becoming our President but since we are "forced" to make a choice between Buhari (going by his record as head of state) and incumbent President Jonathan (going by his record as Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President and President for the last six years!)...... I wont even think twice before choosing Buhari!

Its a "No Brainer" ...... except ofcourse if my main consideration and decision is colored by Ethnicity, tribalism and Religion (sentiments)

This is my HONEST assessment....based on FACTS.

BTW: It is said that "Never entrust ANYTHING VALUABLE into the hands or care of a man who CANNOT KEEP HIS WORDS".

President Jonathan: "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

Did Jonathan himself not say that if he cannot revamp the Electricity sector within four years, he definite would fail even if given another four years.... that four years is enough to achieve whatever plan a President has?
In countries where LEADERS have dignity and feel shame, Jonathan by himself would have THROWN-IN THE TOWEL. but hell-No, in Nigeria, political office is a do-or-die affairs designed for embezzlement!
(not corruption, not stealing! grin )

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What No One Tells You About Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? / Business Ideas For Returning Nigerian Diaspora.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.