Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire (57679 Views)

Yvonne Okoro Donates Borehole To Walewale (Photos) / Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire / Who Is The Hottest: Yvonne Jegede, Yvonne Okoro or Yvonne Nelson? ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by buoye1(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
I wish them the best but watch yah back yvonne!later no com cry say I no tel u ooo!!!
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by gratiaeo(m): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
10 Things Everyone Should Know About Yvonne Okoro
1. Yvonne Okoro’s Age puzzle
One of the most begging questions about this celebrity that no one has been able to answer is her age. While she usually celebrates her birthday on 25 November of every year, she has failed to commit when it comes to her real age. Last year, she intimated that her age was 34 only to refute it a few months later. She now claims her age ranges between 27 and 29 years.

2. She has mixed lineage
Yvonne Okoro was born to a Nigerian father and Ghanaian mother. Because of this mixed lineage, by African culture she is essentially a Nigerian although her nationality currently is Ghanaian. She prefers to call herself African, period. However, she is so popular in Ghana that most of her fans think she is a pure Ghanaian.

3. Yvonne’s Large family
This African movie superstar comes from a very large family. She is the first born of her mother while the fifth born of all the other siblings. This effectively means that she comes from a polygamous family in which her mother is definitely not the first wife.
4. Her father’s view of her career
Yvonne started showing interest in acting while a little child but her father was very strict on education and could not allow her time to follow through with her talent. However, after successfully completing senior high school, she was now free to pursue her favorite career. Despite her achievement, Yvonne’s father is still unhappy with her TV career.
5. Yvonne Okoro’s movie debut
Even as a child, Yvonne was already showing interest in acting but did not get a chance to pursue her dreams because of schooling. Her debut came just after completing senior high school in a movie entitled “Sticking to The Promise” which was produced by a Nigerian producer known as Theo Akatugba and later in hit series “Tentacles” also produced by Theo. She played cameo role in these movies, which catapulted her to fame and enabling her produce her first, “Beyonce.”
6. Highest Paid Actress
Yvonne Okoro is one of the highest paid actresses not only in Ghana but also the rest of Africa. Her movies are some of the best selling in Ghana and the rest of the world. These are not the only sources of her income. She is one of the youngest but upcoming entrepreneurs in Africa and has been interviewed by BBC on this before.
7. Yvonne Okoro is a Philanthropist
Not only is Okoro good hearted, she is kind, loving and very charitable. She has been involved in numerous charitable causes and considered by many to have fulfilled her social responsibilities as a role model and mentor to many upcoming actresses in both Ghana and Nigeria.
8. She is Highly Learned
Did you know that Yvonne Okoro is one of the most learned actors in the African movie industry? She has a bachelor’s degree in Arts, combining linguistics and English, which she obtained from the University of Ghana. Later she enrolled at University De-Nantes in France where she pursued diploma in French Civilisation, Drama and Marketing. This, she completed in the year 2009.
9. Yvonne is Very Single
This Ghanaian film star has utterly refused to make public her social life but rumours have it that she is dating the Togolese soccer star Emmanuel Adebayor. She has denied this claiming that she and Adebayor are just friends. Making the rumors even stronger is the 12-million Naira Mercedes Benz C –Class that Adebayor gave her as a gift. There are also rumors that Yvonne Okoro was pregnant with Adebayo’s baby. Ghanaian rapper Sarkodie confessed sometime this year that he is in love with Yvonne but the latter maintains she is single.
10. Yvonne Okoro’s achievements
Yvonne has made tremendous achievements since she started active acting. She has as many as 12 movies to her name and several more where she played a supporting role. She won the African Movie Academy Awards best actress two times in a row in 2011 and 2012 for the moves “Single Six” and “Pool Party.” She has been nominated several times for similar awards

1 Like

Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by elbinmanny(m): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
Not surprised...no Ghanaian can afford her ....those niggaz are way too lazy undecided

1 Like

Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by gratiaeo(m): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
SuperMartins:
Foreign ladies be stealing naija's wealthiest men..
she's not foreign. She's a Nigeria
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Ilekeh(f): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
I only know two Nigerian billionaires. And they're already married. Danjuma and adenuga
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
gratiaeo:

she's not foreign. She's a Nigeria
thought she was ghanian..
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by allcomage: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
slyopez:
Happy for her, I thought she's Igbo.

She is Igbo,when she won a beauty contest in Ghana,there was uproar of her not being Ghanaian and she should not represent Ghana. I didn't know how they resolved it.
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by ireneidiva(f): 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
ireneony:
God will punish that man that want to marry this slut.
Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Wendy80(f): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
ireneony:

Easy Dear.
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
He wan wed or He wan marry her?Which one Hm wan do make i know how to comment.
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
ireneony:

Whether you call her a slut from now till december next year, she's getting married to a billionaire who adores her.
Try and pretend to be happy about the success of others so you can also be celebrated one day, you sound very bitter-like she snatched your boyfriend or something. This kinda bitterness is usually considered as jealousy as well. It is unnecessary!
Oh and you have no right to judge anyone-ok?

If you cant tolerate others with their imperfections, lock your self righteous self in a cage and avoid the world.

Smh for you!

4 Likes

Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by IGBOSON1: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
If she's Ghanaian, where does the 'Okoro' surname come from!? And doesn't this Igbo billionaire have a name?.....Is it Orji Uzor Kalu? undecided

Edit: Just seen the answer to my first question!
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
ireneidiva:

Hypocrite

Mighty one!
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Onozboy(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
Do ghanians still bear 'okoro' undecided
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by kevinkod(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
evil999:
like if you support Buhari for President 2015
must u join Buhari with evryting on nairaland? Abi how much do they pay u to make u always display ur stup***** on net. Back to d post jare, bird of a feather flock together since d rich dude already has 2 crash marriages he decides to go for anybody na angryBut is OKORO not an ibo name?
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Wisdytech(m): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
REWARD SEASON: Win free 3 months Music
promotions worth over N40,000, valid till 31st
January 2015.@ www.nairaland.com/2058541/seasons-reward-up-coming-music
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by ozo13(m): 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
2SWT:
Thank God for her

l pray the marriage lasts
hmmmm
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by drnairalov: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
Lilamartedi:
Yes, that's why you have to make it! tongue

lol yes baybee making it for u
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by dnawah(m): 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
pls NAFDAC make sure u do ur work.check those milk industries and examine it very well,before given it Reg number.(them fit don expire).

1 Like

Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by phrankar(f): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
...nd pple won't see wrong in what she's wearing, if it were a Nigerian dressed in this way, I can imagine enough yabs on her head. smh. Congrats to her, I hope she becomes a good wife.
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by thiefnubu(m): 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
ireneony:

I wish I had someone like you for a wife

So I could use you for blood money, without any remorse angry

1 Like

Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by ireneony(f): 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Tinubu:

So I could use you for blood money, without any remorse >sad
why do u like stalking me.
Don't be a poussiundecided
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by BISIXCLUSIVE: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nawaoooo shee na because Seun won marry nw u knw won tell us?God don answer our prayer nw burrr is good oooo YVONNE OKORO OSEWA (YOO)lolzzzzzzz nice combi....
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
Tinubu:

So I could use you for blood money, without any remorse angry
lol
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Kenai: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
iyatrustee:
Is Okoro a Ghanian name?

Her father is a Ghanaian-based Igbo Nigerian while her mother is Ghanaian.
However, she spent almost all her life in Ghana, so she's more in-tune with the Ghanaian culture.
Plus, her passport is Ghanaian.

She's Igbo by name and parentage, but Ghanaian by spirit.
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by mployer(m): 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
lalasticlala:

dad Igbo, mum Ghanaian

...and she call herself Ghaninian undecided

smh.
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Kenai: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
Her initials will become (YOO)

Yvonne Okoro ORJI (Orji Uzor Kalu)? shocked shocked
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by mployer(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ilekeh:
I only know two Nigerian billionaires. And they're already married. Danjuma and adenuga

Ignorance tongue

Where is Dangote?
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
it can only be tonto dikes ex billionaire boyfriend Osita Promise Offormezie

Yvonne Okoro Offormezie (YOO)
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Yvonne okoro... congrats congrats..
Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
ireneony:
This nairaland troll just loves attention sha. Absent Reasoning!

1 Like

Re: Pretty Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Okoro Set To Wed Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
Onozboy:
Do ghanians still bear 'okoro' undecided
Yes, not long ago they used to bear ''Obiora''.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

D'banj Flaunts His Massive And Expensive TV (Photo) / Dablixx Oosha Is Dead!!! / Portable Defeats Charles Okocha To Win Keenly Contested Celebrity Boxing Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.