Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over (5165 Views)

Humanist: Which Of These Will You Entrust Your Girl Child To? / Atheist, Agnostic And Humanist Memes Reloaded... / Calling The Humanist Bluff. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
Please for people who might think it offensive, i am not here to bash anybody or any religion. . . i am just a humanist who believes in the beauty of the mankind and the goodness in humans. . . i believe every human on earth irrespective of their race, color or religion deserves love and compassion from fellow humans.
i believe everybody should strive to preserve nature and earth and not wish it destroyed in hope that u will get to paradise that you dont even know of except that someone told u.

2 Likes

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
somewhere...
something incredible is waiting to be known

3 Likes

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
sacrificing the earth for paradise is giving up the substance for the shadow

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
One day the earth will weep, she will beg for her life, she will cry with tears of blood, and you will have to make a choice if you will help her or let her die, and when she dies, you too will die
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
if the gods listened to the prayers of men, all humankind will quickly perish since they constantly pray for great evil to befall one another

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
If you are kind to others because of the promise of heaven, that shows how little you think of others, if you are kind to others because of the threat of hell, that shows how little you think of yourself. Be Good For Goodness Sake

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by Weah96: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
"Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? What good is their understanding doing you?"

Terence Mckenna

I believe he was a humanist, although not a particularly secular one.
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
An intelligent person does not need the promise of heaven or the threat of hell to see the merits of good deeds

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
The greatest achievement is selflessness
Greatest worth is self-mastery
Greatest quality is seeking to serve others
Greatest precept is continual awareness
Greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything
Greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways
Greatest magic is transmuting the passions
Greatest generosity is non-attachment
Greatest goodness is a peaceful mind
Greatest patience is humility
Greatest virtue is forgiveness
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
what i think is deeply immoral, what i think is not okay is to tell a child that if they are not good then when they die they will burn in hell forever. that seems to me to be a mental child abuse and an utter shame. ••TellThemToBeGood•• ••AndThatsAll•• #show them goodness

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
holding on to anger is like grasping hot coal with the intention of throwing it at someone else, you are the one who gets burned

1 Like

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
The victims mindset dilutes the human potential, by not accepting personal responsibilities for our circumstances, we greatly reduce our power to change it
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
If we could look into each others heart and understand the unique challenges each of us face, i think we would treat each other much more gently with more love, patience, tolerance and care.
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
After all this is over, all that will have really mattered is how we treated each other

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
Weah96:
"Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? What good is their understanding doing you?"

Terence Mckenna

I believe he was a humanist, although not a particularly secular one.
yeah every human is smart and we all have what we can learn from one another no matter how smart you may have been.
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by Weah96: 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
"Human history has become too much a matter of dogma taught by 'professionals' in ivory towers as though it's all fact. Actually, much of human history is up for grabs. The further back you go, the more that the history that's taught in the schools and universities begins to look like some kind of faerie story."

Graham Hancock
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by godsgift233: 11:54am On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:
somewhere...
something incredible is waiting to be known

ya thats true nd wen its known. we'll see their response.. am an ATHEIST. good wook johnny. seems like we all av sumtin in common we atheist.

1 Like

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2014
godsgift233:

ya thats true nd wen its known. we'll see their response.. am an ATHEIST. good wook johnny. seems like we all av sumtin in common we atheist.
Thanks Bro but am not an atheist. . . i just dont care if their is a god or not what/who ever he/she/it is i dont know neither do i care to know just like i know none of the religions know they just believe they know and hope they are right..... all i care about doing good to all of humanity treating every human on earth with great love and care, not judging anybody and preserving the earth which i can see and feel... and learning as much of the earth as i can so i can fully understand how to do good to my earth and mankind.

1 Like

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by ooman(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:
sacrificing the earth for paradise is giving up the substance for the shadow

Great...
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by godsgift233: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

Thanks Bro but am not an atheist. . . i just dont care if their is a god or not what/who ever he/she/it is i dont know neither do i care to know just like i know none of the religions know they just believe they know and hope they are right..... all i care about doing good to all of humanity treating every human on earth with great love and care, not judging anybody and preserving the earth which i can see and feel... and learning as much of the earth as i can so i can fully understand how to do good to my earth and mankind.

ok
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
ooman:

Great...
sure thing bro!!!
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by ooman(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

Perhaps, you are best referred to as a Non-theist.

1 Like

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2014
ooman:

Perhaps, you are best referred to as a Non-theist.
whatever that means hahahahha.... no be small ooo
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by ooman(m): 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

whatever that means hahahahha.... no be small ooo

By strict definition, it means you dont care whether a god exists, you just live your life as best as you can and whatever is true, remains true.
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
ooman:

By strict definition, it means you dont care whether a god exists, you just live your life as best as you can and whatever is true, remains true.
ofcus you are right and i try to do good to every human because i know everyone deserves goodness
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
The effect of one good hearted person is incalculable
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
You don't need religion to be moral, if you cant determine whats right or wrong then you lack empathy not religion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
Morality is not distinctively christian, any more than it's islamic. morality is human it belongs to no ism, and does not depend for a foundation upon the supernatural, or upon any book or creed. Morality is itself a foundation
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
Look after yourself the best you can; to bring out the best in you; that is your contribution to the development of human existence
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishments after you are dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
Radiate boundless love towards the entire world above, below and across. Unhindered, without ill-will, without enmity
Re: Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over by johnydon22(m): 12:44am On Jan 07, 2015
[b] In planet earth:
We live and we die
we laugh, we cry
we work, we rest
we eat, we go hungry
we have pains and joys
happiness and sadness
we shed tears and we smile
we struggle and we survive
we hope and we despair
we feel bad and feel better afterwards
we are mortals and nothing makes life more beautiful than that.
it is in all this that we find balance and the essence of living. . . if you
remove the cry, hunger, sadness they won't be balance cus their
counterparts won't exist.
it baffles me why people tend to love the unknown and ignore the known.
heaven and hell are unknown nobody bleeping know if they are real but we
all know of one reality and that is EARTH, our planet, our home.
EARTH is known, earth is real and earth is the only reality that is truer than
true.
you can put ur hope in the unknown but please let the good in you help
rebuild the earth and make it better.
lets us rebuild our home and make it better and peaceful.
Gaia(earth) needs goodness and peace
gaia is beautiful.
gaia does not deserve to be destroyed.
love earth and save earth.. #We Owe it To Our Children And Ourselves [/b]
By JOHNYDON

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Difference Between The Righteous And The Wicked - Olamide Obire / See The T-shirt I Wore That My Pastor Is....... (pic) / If Christ Didn’t Exist, Why Do We Measure Time In Bc And Ad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.