Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

How To Submit A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Submit A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools (1043 Views)

How To Submit Sitemap To Your Wapka Site / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Please Submit A Quote For This Website Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Submit A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools by samkolo(m): 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
First of all, What is a sitemap?A sitemap is a file where you can list the pages of your site to tell Google and other search engines about the content of your website.
To submit a sitemap,
You will need to verify your site with Google webmaster tools. To do this, visit
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home
Sign in to using the same account you use to sign in your Gmail, Blogger etc.
Click on "Add a site..."in the top right corner of your browser, then enter the base URL of your Google Site in the box that pops up, then click"Continue."
Then click "verify"Click on your site URL and then click on the plus-sign next to Site configuration. When it appears,click on the Sitemaps link.
Click on the "Submit a sitemap" button and input the URL of your site XML file. To get your site XML file, you can use an XML file generator.
Google will check the sitemap and begin indexing your site.
Re: How To Submit A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools by thomasina: 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
OP, I have tried all you wrote but I still couldn't get it. can you kindly help me do it? I will appreciate it.
Re: How To Submit A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools by osile2012: 1:01am On Dec 25, 2014
[size=15pt]Nice one. There are alot of free xml sitemap generators online.[/size]
Re: How To Submit A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools by somtookeke(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2019

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Has Anybody Used Vconnect Advertising?? / Pacific School Software / Click Bank Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.