Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,542 members, 7,955,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

Please Christians Explain This For Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Christians Explain This For Me (1361 Views)

Photo: Please Christians In Iraq Needs Prayers (viewers Discretion) / How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies / How Can We Christians Explain This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
1st timothy chapter 2 from verse 11 to 15
A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.
i do not permit any woman to teach or assume authority over a man;she must be quiet. for Adam was formed first then Eve. and Adam was not the one deceived it was the woman. it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. but women will be saved through childbearing if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety

1 Like

Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
Numerous views, no attempt to explain yet... sad embarassed
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
johnydon22:
i do not permit any woman to teach or assume authority over a man;she must be quiet. for Adam was formed first then Eve. and Adam was not the one deceived it was the woman. it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. but women will be saved through childbearing if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety
I can only try if u hv open mind.
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2014
manuell1021:
I can only try if u hv open mind.
pray tell bro... listening
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:
[b] A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.
i do not permit any woman to teach or assume authority over a man;she must be quiet. for Adam was formed first then Eve[/b]here, it says woman should not think she is superior to her husband cos her husband is d head as christ is d head of all, imagine ur dad is talking in mom is talkin at d same tym, it may leads to misunderstanding, which is not healthy for d marriage, she Should JUST LEARN in QUIETNESS. yes, Adam was not deceived at but d wife, which means( if u read genesis), woman can easily b deceive,( dat happen nowadays, u will c men deceiving woman by "sweet- talking " dem) Satan sweet talked eve which Adam and eve really paid 4 heavily. ley me ask, y did God cause Adam more than eve?
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by malvisguy212: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:
if we go by your way of thinking, then a woman cannot not pray or sing in the church,what the bible is saying is difference from what your corrupted mind is thinking.

The bible say'' I will pour out my spirit,your young men and DAUGHTER will see vision and dream dreamed''
This prophecy do not go to only men but women. what paul really mean is the gift of the spirit is for all gender,both men and women can have this gift and when the women had it she should not assume authority over the man,she should respect the man, the woman was created because God want the earth to multiply.

We know for sure that Paul viewed Adam as a type of Christ. We also know for sure that he viewed marriage as type of the relationship between Christ and the church in which the role of husband is a type of Christ and the role of the wife is a type of the Church. Thus, we can justifiably extrapolate that Paul also viewed Eve as a type of the Church.

This is what paul is saying in the other verse;
For Adam (type of Christ) was formed
first, then Eve (type of Church) and
Adam (type of Christ) was not
deceived, but the woman (type of
Church) was deceived and became a
transgressor . Yet she (the Church) will be saved through childbearing (bearing fruit in Christ)if they (man and woman)
continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by esere826: 11:03am On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

Where you once a Christian?
if you were, then I'll explain it
if not, there would be no need for me to
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
esere826:

Where you once a Christian?
if you were, then I'll explain it
if not, there would be no need for me to
explain... why do u guys always see little question as a tactics to criticize ur faith... please am not hear to criticize anybody just asked a simple question and thats all...
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by esere826: 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

explain... why do u guys always see little question as a tactics to criticize ur faith... please am not hear to criticize anybody just asked a simple question and thats all...

haba

Abi no be me and you do some discussions on frosbels thread not too long ago
I love talking about the bible, but I don't enjoy wasting my energy if its 100% certain that its gonna fall on unlistening ears
the reason I ask for your former religious background is to establish if my explanations would douse some previously unanswered curiousities
I would then be of HELP in that regard
If you were never a Christian, then perhaps I'll answer some other question but not this one
grin
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
esere826:

haba

Abi no be me and you do some discussions on frosbels thread not too long ago
I love talking about the bible, but I don't enjoy wasting my energy if its 100% certain that its gonna fall on unlistening ears
the reason I ask for your former religious background is to establish if my explanations would douse some previously unanswered curiousities
I would then be of HELP in that regard
If you were never a Christian, then perhaps I'll answer some other question but not this one
grin

lmao guy just to answer question be problem ni... ok forget my brother.
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by malvisguy212: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

dint you read my explaination ?
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
malvisguy212:
dint you read my explaination ?
i did from what you wrote it shouldnt be taken literally. to u the man is christ and the woman is the church and then child bearing is good deeds...
i want a literal explaination cus the words were clear!!!
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by malvisguy212: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

i did from what you wrote it shouldnt be taken literally. to u the man is christ and the woman is the church and then child bearing is good deeds...
i want a literal explaination cus the words were clear!!!
unfortunately the bible is for people who have a teachable spirit and simple heart to learn, your carnal mind cannot understand it.
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
malvisguy212:
unfortunately the bible is for people who have a teachable spirit and simple heart to learn, your carnal mind cannot understand it.

its unfortunate indeed that i am carnal minded and you are spiritual mindedsmiley... But why is it that you dont believe the bible means exactly what is says, that it means what you think? Question for all smiley
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by Weah96: 9:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

its unfortunate indeed that i am carnal minded and you are spiritual mindedsmiley... But why is it that you dont believe the bible means exactly what is says, that it means what you think? Question for all smiley

Arrogance. Or solipsism. These are the same guys who will later accuse atheists of "acting smart." It's amazing.

He's literally telling you that he has acquired powers by communicating with a spirit thing. Isn't that arrogance? Meanwhile, the powers remain to be seen.
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by alolatee(m): 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
johnydon22:

my Brother, Take time to read the bible with concordance if need be.Read also 1corinthians14vs34-Women should remain silent in the churche.They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submissio, as the LAW says,...this reading should even guide u to believe that this instruction was passed to Timothy who Paul addressed the Corinthians too.In the dispensation of the Law, women usually are considered unclean because of their monthly discharges which makes them unholy in worship. I hope u know we are in the dispensation of grace, as such every man has the same right before God..and moreso read earlier what Paul had to say...1corinthians11vs2-16..especially verse 11, women are not independent of men, neither are men independent of women.I conlude by saying Paul being a pharisee had some beliefs which he still carried on after his conversion and Apostleship.
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 12:15am On Dec 25, 2014
alolatee:

my Brother, Take time to read the bible with concordance if need be.Read also 1corinthians14vs34-Women should remain silent in the churche.They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submissio, as the LAW says,...this reading should even guide u to believe that this instruction was passed to Timothy who Paul addressed the Corinthians too.In the dispensation of the Law, women usually are considered unclean because of their monthly discharges which makes them unholy in worship. I hope u know we are in the dispensation of grace, as such every man has the same right before God..and moreso read earlier what Paul had to say...1corinthians11vs2-16..especially verse 11, women are not independent of men, neither are men independent of women.I conlude by saying Paul being a pharisee had some beliefs which he still carried on after his conversion and Apostleship.

So i guess we should forget that part right?
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by alolatee(m): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
johnydon22:

So i guess we should forget that part right?

my simple suggestion is that based on 1corinthians 14vs34 is what that scripture in 1 timothy2vs11-12 should be interpreted...one cannot quote the word of God in isolation.Acts15vs5 speaks of believers still belonging to the party of the Pharisees..Just like Paul is in this passage, it is still possible to believe wrongly while one is a believer.
Re: Please Christians Explain This For Me by johnydon22(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Bible Shows That Angels Have p.enis / The Church Is Leading You To Hell! - By Etcetera / The Dark Truth About Magic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.