Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies (800 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Please Christians Explain This For Me / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by ebamma(m): 6:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
(1) You are a bible believer, you go to church daily, you try your best to do good, in your house gate u put up a sticker captioned 'No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper', One night you pray with your family before you retire to bed, assasins attack later in the night killing you and raping your wife?
(2) You are a born again christian you pay your tithes and hardly misses any church program, you just bought yourself a new toyota yaris car, u took it to your pastor for blessing, after that u buy a bible and always keep it in your front seat, not upto two months after u meet with an accident killing u
abeg to the christian brothers in the house,
why should this tragedies be happening to people who belief in God?
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Things much bad than that has happened to christians.
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by rabzy: 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Through one man sin entered into the world and death thru sin, and thus death spread to ALL men because they have all sinned.

The Adamic sin has made all us all imperfect and when God sent Adam and invariably his children out of the garden into a way of life that is hard and prone to accidents, it means nobody will be shielded totally from these things.

While God can perform miracles and help in escaping some tragedies, it does not mean he is always obligated to do so.
The first righteous man was Abel, he died a very violent death. That is why the hope of resurrection has been set before all thru xtians so that nothing can separate us from Gods love
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
Do what you got to do.....protect yourself and beat challenges. Belief and trust is yourself not in friends or family or saviour or God. Ask Jesus
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by CarCam: 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
ebamma:

(1) You are a bible believer, you go to church daily, you try your best to do good, in your house gate u put up a sticker captioned 'No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper', One night you pray with your family before you retire to bed, assasins attack later in the night killing you and raping your wife?

(2) You are a born again christian you pay your tithes and hardly misses any church program, you just bought yourself a new toyota yaris car, u took it to your pastor for blessing, after that u buy a bible and always keep it in your front seat, not up to two months after u meet with an accident killing u

@ebamma

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

A righteous person will have many troubles, but the LORD will deliver him from them all.- Psalm 34:19

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up - Psalm 71:20

Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light - Micah 7:8

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or unclothedness or danger or sword? - Romans 8:35

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope - Jeremiah 29:11

Therefore, your minds must be clear and ready for action. Place your confidence completely in what God's kindness will bring you when Jesus Christ appears again - 1 Peter 1:13

For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are - Romans 8:19
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Tragedy ,Success, Failure These things are normal recurence in life see it this way Good And Bad things happen to both Good and Bad people irrespective of the God you chose to serve....
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by Ubenedictus(m): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2013
ebamma: (1) You are a bible believer, you go to church daily, you try your best to do good, in your house gate u put up a sticker captioned 'No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper', One night you pray with your family before you retire to bed, assasins attack later in the night killing you and raping your wife?
(2) You are a born again christian you pay your tithes and hardly misses any church program, you just bought yourself a new toyota yaris car, u took it to your pastor for blessing, after that u buy a bible and always keep it in your front seat, not upto two months after u meet with an accident killing u
what explanation do you need? Shit happens, people died, the world we live in is not a paradise and 'bad' things happen to good people. These are facts.

The right question isn't how christians understand these facts instead the right question is 'what is the christian attitide to the happening?'
for a christian these aren't tragedies or obstacles, they are simply 'a path'. A no matter how it seems the christian always keep this in mind.
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE GOD ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER UNTO GOOD, they must.
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
it is the will of doG
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by Dzany(m): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
karma!!!
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
don' t worry OP, you will explain to God that these are the things that stopped you from living a christlike life., Then the people who had the tragedes themselves and still believed in God like Job, Paul, Joseph, Daniel and co will leave you speechless and without a choice than to spend eternity in hell fire. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Re: How Do Christians Explain This Tragedies by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
Image123: don' t worry OP, you will explain to God that these are the things that stopped you from living a christlike life., Then the people who had the tragedes themselves and still believed in God like Job, Paul, Joseph, Daniel and co will leave you speechless and without a choice than to spend eternity in hell fire. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

of course. kiss

(1) (Reply)

Kudos To The Olu Of Warri For Accepting Christ / Is Kissing A Sin? / Who Created God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.