Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger (8907 Views)

POEM: We Are Stronger! / We Are Stronger! / Keeping A Stronger Circle Of Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:23am On Jan 17, 2015
more updates later in d day.... ur comments, critics and others wil do a gr8 job in making me to write more....
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by mariamferanmi(f): 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bigwig97 keep it rolling bro!!! U are almost there!!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
*continuation*
'young man, did you read the requirement for this job? 'cause i'm sure you can have it or do u?' the woman who ealier introduced herself as madam labake asked. 'requirement?...' debo pronounced the word as if he had never heard about it before, then he came to realise that he didnt read what was write at the bottom of the board which he guess to be the requirement, he said, "what is the requirement, ma?". 'you must have atleast o'level result' labake answered. 'o'level result? what does that mean?' debo asked, he had never heard about that before. how would he, when he was only a primary school graduate. 'o'level result is the result of the exam one writes after completing secondary education' labake explained. 'owkay, but i don't have that ma' 'and you can't have the job' labake replied.
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
*continuation*
debo postrated and pleaded with her saying 'please you have to help me,ma, because i have no helper'. the words 'no helper' caught labake's attention, she was earlier lost in thought whether or not to employ the unskilled poor lad. 'you have no helper,can you shed more light on that?' madam labake asked. 'i'm an orphan and no relative cares for me' debo told her amist tears. labake felt his pains and made up her mind to employ him but no after telling him her 'dos and donts'. debo thanked her and promised not to do against her wish.
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
dts all for today! my updates today are scatter and small, pls bear with me...
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
dedicated to mariamferanmi
*continuation*
it was almost a month after ade died and banke was not finding things easy. ade left none of his properties for her because all of his properties were been sold so as to raise money to cater for ade's health. banke's business too went down since all the money she would have invested into her business was used also in the process of treating ade's illness. she was always crying and thinking of how she would survive and make ends meet. she sought for assistance from her friend but none helped her, they all claimed to be managing. one day, she visited her best friend,sola, told her what she was passing through and then asked for assistance, but the friend, instead of helping her, started preaching,'my friend, this life,we are in, is all about how smart one is. when you face crisis such as this, you are not meant to start singing your problem all about. nobody is ready to help anybody because everybody is looking for somebody to help him/her. so telling them what you are facing will only make them mock you. some might even say you killed your husband and you want to kill them also with your problem. hope you understand me' "but a yoruba adage says aile soro nibere oriburuku (meaning a problem shared is half-solved)" banke said. 'yes thats true but that's if you share your problem with someone reasonable and no just anybody" her friend replied. 'so what should i do now?' banke asked. 'you will out-smart your problem' 'how?' 'you will re-marry, but don't marry a poor man oh' 'are you sure thats the right thing?'banke asked. her friend answered,'yeah! dont bother about who to marry, i will help you arrange that' 'but sola, what of my son, won't it affect him?' banke asked. "dont worry yourself, not having money gangan is what will affect him. so get married and become rich and that takes care of everything' banke agreed to remarry and thanked her friend for the advice. she was about leaving when she remembered her main purpose for visiting which was to beg for food she and her son would eat. sola gave her a bowl of rice. banke thanked her and went home.
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
onemansquard, uthman51, stuff46, zyzxx, hebenz, jollyjoy, and other.. how has the story being so far what do you think about it?? if you noticed a flaw somewhere, what's it?? please let me know what you have in mind about the story??
comments isn't encouraging.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Folowin..
Nice one dear
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Folowin..
Nice one dear
thanks ma
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Uthman51(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice one bro..
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Hugo7(m): 10:28am On Feb 10, 2015
Bigwig come and finish what you started oo, cos I am waiting for d next episode....
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 12:25am On Feb 11, 2015
Hugo7:
Bigwig come and finish what you started oo, cos I am waiting for d next episode....
really? i thought i was writing rubbish, so i had to stop... but just because u ask me to continue expect update very soon
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Hugo7(m): 8:52am On Feb 11, 2015
bigwig97:
really? i thought i was writing rubbish, so i had to stop... but just because u ask me to continue expect update very soon
Patiently waiting
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
dedicated to hugo7
*continuation*
[left][/left]madam labake took debo around her small shop, telling him the price of each item sold in the shop. she also told him the importance of, use of and difference in different brands of braids, attachments, weave-on, hair accesories, hair relaxers and hair creams. after walking round the shop, madam labake walked up to her desk and brought out a machine from it. debo thought what his boss was holding was her cellular phone but madam labake told him it was a calculator. 'wow! a calculator! hmmm... from its name i guess its use to calculate' debo said, staring at the calculator with amusement. 'yes u are right' madam labake answer. she taught him how to use it to calculate the amount a customer is meant to pay and also the change he/she will collect. debo was getting more interested the job, the aspect he like most is the part of using calculator. madam labake told him the calculator can calculate any figure in the world and this made him want to have a calculator of his own. he also wondered why his class teacher would bother him in calculating what a calculator can do easily.... different thoughts kept coming into his head until a 'good afternoon', from a woman customer, brought him to reality.
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Hugo7(m): 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
Thanks.....
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
*continuation*
'hey, seun. good afternoon oh! how's family and business?' labake asked. the women talked about their families and business for a while before labake asked,'what brought you here today?' madam labake and seun are childhood friends, they attended the same primary school, secondary school and university. of the duo, labake is more brilliant and beautiful, this made seun secretly jealous of her. there was a time during their secondary school days, when seun's crush fell in love with labake but seun was bittered but she hid her feelings. seun's parents made her go through many hard time, or let me call it HELL, just because labake was always topping their class while seun was alway within 10th to 20th. seun had secretly vowed to deal with labake because of these in return, but had not seen the opportunity to do such. 'hmmm... there is occasion my family would attend this weekend, you can join us if you want to. so, i wanna buy 2 packs of 'chocolate' weave-on for myself and 2 big packs of 'expression attachment for my girls, also give me olive relaxer, 2 packs of hair clips, one apple hair cream, shampoo and placenta' seun ordered. "okay, debo hope you heard all what she said" labake asked. 'yes ma'debo said. 'go get them' she commanded. debo rushed in to get all what seun asked for. 'who is he?' seun asked. 'my sales-boy, why asking?' 'hmmm, nothing just that have not seem him here before' 'oh! he started work just today' labake added. seun wanted to say something but kept shut when debo returned with the materials she ordered for. 'get the calculator and calculate my friend's money' labake instructed. without wasting time, debo was through with the calculation, the calculation was easy since the price of each item was written on it. debo wrote seun's receipt and gave labake to check what he had written. labake was impressed, debo did a nice job and gave seun her receipt and order, which were already in polybag. seun paid her bill and left labake's shop with evil intentions. she has found the loophole she had been looking for. 'it's time to strike labake' she said to herself smiling wickedly.
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hugo7:
Thanks.....
hmm... m the one dt suppose to thank you for the encouragement,bro
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Folowin..
Nice one dear
come and continue reading oh! chinwe
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 16, 2015
Am here,
Good morning dear, nice story so far,i can see you have improved in your narrative style but you need to brush up in some areas.
Learn to use paragraph.
Give enough space please.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Am here,
Good morning dear, nice story so far,i can see you have improved in your narrative style but you need to brush up in some areas.
Learn to use paragraph.
Give enough space please.
noted!!! thanks dearie
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
hello everyone, i know yhu guyz will be like 'where is this boy called bigwig97?? but m here nw'
but wait oh no one asked of me... that means my story is either dry or m writing rubbish...?'
coz of this, i wil end this story here unless u ppl say sumtin.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 4:32am On Mar 21, 2015
-continuation-
seun pulled her car over infront of an abandoned-looking uncompleted building. she walked into the building with her handbag and a polybag in her left and right hand respectively. when she entered the building, she turned to her left and entered a room that look the livingroom of the building.
in the room were 5 heavily built men, who had cigarette within their fingers. seun found it difficult to breath in the room because the whole room was filled with smoke from the cigarette, she greeted the men in the room and they answered by nodding their heads. then one of the men, who looked like the boss because he was the only one sitting while others stand round him, said 'ma'am, why are you lating?'
'it is the traffic.. capon am very sorry' seun replied almost kneeling down, because she didnt want to annoy the so called capon.'
'ok, what business bring you here?' he asked with a very scary baritone voice which cause the building they were in to vibrate
'it's just a robbery business which i want to use as a revenge against my enemy' seun replied after laughing at capon's grammar within her. she dare not laugh out because the mean looking capon can do any thing to her if he hears the laughter
'details. please!' capon barked
'take it' seun gave him a paper she brought out from where no one knows where.
'so we are to striking next saturday'
'can't he see it in the sheet i gave him..? he can't speak correct english sef. mtcheew!' seun asked herself and reluctantly said 'yes'
'you knew your money abi'? capon asked
'how much?'
'1M'
'haba. that's too much. i'm not asking you to kill anyone just bring all the valuables and money in the shop that all'
'what's too much in that? madam look here 1M or no deal.' capon replied. seun was suprised capon could speak a flawless english, maybe when he gets angry his brain would work as its meant to. seun concluded.
'ok, capon. here is u 800k. i will pay the balance when you are through with the job' she handed over the polybag to one of capon's men.
'that's cooling ma'am' capon said
'my god! this guy is back to his grammar' seun reasoned within herself and said 'yeah! bye for now' she turned and walked away.
immediately she left, capon told his guys 'verify the money she brought and another thing is that you guys must not Bleep up with seun's job. and tiger you will go check out the shop, so we would find it easy to draw our plans. taken?'
"yes boss!" the four men chorused.
''good' capon said and dropped the cigarette butt on the ground
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 4:43am On Mar 21, 2015
bigwig97:
kingphilip, onemansquad, toykaythy, zyzxx, mariamferanmi, stuff46 and other ghost reader....
uthman51, hugo7, hebenz, marioking and others.. let's do this 2geda again
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Hugo7(m): 7:54am On Mar 21, 2015
bigwig97:
Following
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:00am On Mar 21, 2015
Hugo7:

Following
thanks sir!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Uthman51(m): 10:08am On Mar 21, 2015
Bro no vex na school no gv me chance to dey come nl like b4 again...ride on we still dey here cool
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2015
Uthman51:
Bro no vex na school no gv me chance to dey come nl like b4 again...ride on we still dey here cool
ok, sir. no pee! i understand... since nah school test and other wahala no make me update too
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
bigwig97:

Long time bro! I have been so busy these days and due to plagiarism on NL I had to even stop my own story but I will continue and well-done here bro
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:14am On Mar 22, 2015
marioking:

Long time bro! I have been so busy these days and due to plagiarism on NL I had to even stop my own story but I will continue and well-done here bro
thanks...
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
update cums up later in the day, say before 9pm. stay tuned.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
--continuation--
Chapter 4
Banke sat on a wooden stool in a corner in her kitchen. she thought about how she had struggled to survive as a widow and how some mean women in abani avoided her like plague. she had heard them gossip about her times without number. some of the women went to the extent of making sure no one buys anything from her shop by telling customers she killed her husband with her witch-craft. after some minutes, she remembered her meeting with her friend who told her to re-marry.
'what will people say? they will now say i killed ade so that i will be able to marry another person!!! would ade's spirit be happy if i marry again' banke kept asking herself. 'hmmmm!!' she sighed and kept quiet.
'what's bad in re-marrying? ehn, seun tell me, what's there? don't let what people will say determine what you will do? make choices by yourself but i advice you to follow your heart? and lastly remember our son must not suffer anything' a voice said to banke. banke jumped up.! she heard the voice but didn't sef anyone in the room where she was seated. 'but i heard the voice clearly now! or was that ade??' she asked herself. 'no that can't be!!! ade can't be in support of marrying again" she kept quiet again, sighed deeply and said 'and this unseen person mentioned something like 'our son'. then that must be ade!! what do i do now? kini kin se?'
'smart up! kilo, you don forget say the madam wey gif us work talk say make we no kill anyone?' tiger asked killer.
'abi oh!' the remaining two men called 'cobra and axe' said in support of tiger just to show that they too are interested in what is being discussed
'ehnen? is that so? that one go add small oh' killer replied
'any idea?' capon barked
'yes boss, we can behave like gentle men for us to succeed in doing this oh! because the boy wey dey that shop nah jjc' tiger suggested
'how you take know say that boy nah jjc?' axe asked
'i don use ogboju(cheat) for him before. that was dey months back when he sold bread and other chop_chop things for garage. the boy almost died when he dey chase me. i no know how he take survive self' tiger responded
'hahahahahahaha, baddest guy' other shouted in unison
*tbc*
_______
i'm few minutes behind schedule. kindly bear with me. thanks and don't forget to drop your comments
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
aargh! no comment since morning! there is God Oh!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is The Use Of Child Soldiers, A Good Phenomenon Or Not - Nigerian Online Debate / Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? / Poem : A Farewell To My Late Mother Part One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.