Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger (8909 Views)

POEM: We Are Stronger! / We Are Stronger! / Keeping A Stronger Circle Of Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:26am On Mar 28, 2015
signor11:

Unhmm
Bigwig97
I'd do so
Nice job in advance
thanks oga mi sir!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 28, 2015
bigwig97:
thanks oga mi sir!

Your welcome boss
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
I'm kind of tired now! Update comes up tomorrow. Bear with me, readers.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
__ Continuation__
Labake beckoned to Debo to help her carry three 'ghana must go' bags into the shop from her car. The 'ghana must go' bags contained newly bought goods - brazilian hair, weave-on, attachments, creams and other hair accessories. Labake told Debo to drop the bags in a corner of the shop and thanked him.
"So how is today's sales going?" she asked.
"Fine ma. Today's sales seem to be better than yesterday's" Debo replied smiling
"Wow! that's cool. Hope you didn't experience any difficulty attending to the customers"
"Not at all, ma. Everything went on smoothly"
"Yes. Ehnen! about what we were discussing yesterday, you remember?"
"Yes. I'm all ears, ma'am" Debo replied.
"Good. I've started taking steps on it. To be precised, I called the principal of your former school, the kings' college, this afternoon and he told me you can return to school anytime you want to"
"Thank you very much, ma." He said enthusiastically and prostrated before her.
"Don't mention it son, you deserve it. Since last week when you started working for me, I have no regret at all. Just make sure you keep doing what's right or unless you'll see my other side which i know you won't be able to withstand. Is that taken?" madam Labake said firmly
"Yes ma. But how will combine schooling with working here?"
"That's a very nice question. Don't worry about that I will sort myself out but be sure that after school you will have to resume here and ......" Her phone rang before she could complete her statement. Debo took her phone on the table and gave it to her. Labake picked the call saying
"Hey seun. What's up?"
"I'm fine jare. How's everything over there? Seun asked from the other side
"All is well"
"Your husband nko? is he back from Abuja?" Seun asked
"He's not yet back oh! He said he would be having is last meeting with the president next wednesday. So hopefully he should be back next weekend"
"Oorh! I thought two of you will be at my brother-in-law's wedding, tomorrow. But anyway you must be there sha?"
"Trust me nah I will. You know I don't joke with parties"
"Iya party party. How's business? and that your new boy?"
"It's going smoothly oh. And the boy is awesome, hardworking. Infact he's always making me happy"
"Wow, that's great. we will see tomorrow abi?"
"Yes nah. Where is the venue?"
"We'll meet in my house by 9am so we will go together"
"Okay, bye. let me quickly rest because I've been stressed"
"Stressed up Kee? Did you travel or what?"
"I went to market today. Infact I just came back"
"Ok. Go and rest oh" Seun said and ended the call
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2015
Thumb up my brother
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2015
marioking:
Thumb up my brother
marioking:
Thumb up my brother
marioking:
Thumb up my brother
thanks, bro
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 6:19am On Apr 03, 2015
Dedicated To prettydiva89 and marioking
_continuation_
Chapter 5
Mr Wole sat on a three_seater in his sitting room and had a newspaper which he was quietly going through. Everywhere was silent save for the sounds coming from opening new pages in the newspaper.
Suddenly, he started hearing noise from outside. He could hear a familiar voice but couldn't fathom who's voice it was. He told himself the noisemaker can't be neither his wife nor his children because as at that time he expected them to be at working place and school respectively. His wife had a local restuarant, though one of the village's best.
Few minutes later, the entrance door of the sitting room opened and Laide,his wife, dashed in with an angry speed.
"hmmmm, Woleee! Is it true you want to marry Banke?' she barked.
"what are you talking about? ehn? Laide" Wole said with a calm voice which almost deceived Laide
" Wole stop pretending. You know what I'm saying, do you think I'm a fool?"
"woman look here! I won't answer your question, at all? So I think the best thing for you to do is to go back to your canteen" Wole, who was apparently angry with the way he was being questioned, said
" Wole! Are you sending me away?"
"if you say so"
" Can't you just listen to yourself? The woman has bewitched you".
"hey! look here! you are the bewitched one here. Because you left your work and came here to accuse me of things you can't defend. So please get out!"
" I have an evidence, Wole". Wole's heart almost stopped beating on hearing these words. "Ok, listen to this" she added.
Laide brought out her phone and pressed somethings on it and Wole's voice alongside with Sola's and Banke's voice could be heard from the phone's speaker. All what he was hearing was his conversation with Banke some days back at Sola's house.
What he didn't understand was who recorded their conversation when it was only the three adults that were in Sola's house that day. Maybe Sola did it. He concluded and she must say for it. he stormed out of the sitting room with one place in his mind- Sola's house, neglecting Laide who stood rooted beside him with arms akimbo expecting Wole to explain himself.
" Wole! Wole!! Wole!!! don't tell me you will just walk out of me like that and ......." before she could finish talking, Wole was already outside the house.
"what kind of man is this?" laide asked herself before walking out of the house, maybe to go back to her canteen.
"Wole, you mean someone recorded your conversation that day?" Sola asked looking lost
"yeah, someone did. and I'm sure you're that someone"
"What!"
"Yes. Unless you have something reasonable to say and defend yourself"
Sola wondered how possible it was for someone to record what was being said in her sitting room without being nabbed. After series of thought, she remembered something and said, "Wole do you remember that on that day you later told of to excuse you guys"
"yes, anything with that!"
"yes. when I left you guys. I went to my kitchen to wash some dirty plates. While washing I saw someone's shadow through the window, it looked as if the person was eavesdropping and i tip-toed to the door without alerting the person at the window, who couldn't see me. But when I opened the door, I hit my leg against the door and noise from the door alerted the guy and he ran away but I was able to see him."
"You saw him? so who is he?"
"I don't know him by name but I can recognize him if I meet him again. I think he is a suspect"
"yeah, God saved your ass, Sola. Anyway let me take my leave now"
The two adults laughed and walked out of the house.
on getting outside, someone ran pass them and Sola shouted, "that's him!"
Immediately, Wole followed the runner and ran with all his strength hoping he would catch the suspect.
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2015
a dedication to me,am surprised..
Thanks so much
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 3:07am On Apr 04, 2015
just one comment since morning!!
chai! there is God oh!
even if i'm writing non-sense just type, 'bigwig nah, rubbish you they type jor'
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Missmossy(f): 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ghen-ghen grin this is getting more interesting, kudos Bigwig97 really enjoying the turnout of things. More wisdom to you.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
Waooo! You are getting there bro.

Why not try double spacing so that there will be clear demarcation of paragraphs?

Work out on your conversations, I am mixing them up(Maybe you can denote them with the names of the speakers at each end)

As for the comments...don't beg for the it. Just make sure you are updating frequently, by this your story will be on the frontpage of literature section always and this will attract visitors more nd more.

I am sorry I got your mention very late believe me am with this thread till the end!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
marioking:
Waooo! You are getting there bro.

Why not try double spacing so that there will be clear demarcation of paragraphs?

Work out on your conversations, I am mixing them up(Maybe you can denote them with the names of the speakers at each end)

As for the comments...don't beg for the it. Just make sure you are updating frequently, by this your story will be on the frontpage of literature section always and this will attract visitors more nd more.

I am sorry I got your mention very late believe me am with this thread till the end!
thanks bro. i will work more on all you've said. Happy Easter.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
Missmossy:
Ghen-ghen grin this is getting more interesting, kudos Bigwig97 really enjoying the turnout of things. More wisdom to you.
Thanks. Happy Easter
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Missmossy(f): 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
bigwig97:
Thanks. Happy Easter
Don't mention, I wish you same smiley
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 6:50am On Apr 06, 2015
- Continuation of Chapter 5-
The suspect kept running, but, to his surprise, Wole was still pursuing him tiredlessly. He knew if he should continue running, his energy would be gone and in no time, Wole would nab him. So he decided to hide in a nearby bush. He turned to right and entered a farm that looked like it was left to fallow.

Without knowing the person he was pursuing had turned to the right, Wole kept on running forward thinking the guy he was pursuing was far ahead of him.

Suddenly, he had someone crying in agony he stopped to check who it was and what went wrong with the person. He turned to his right, where the noise was coming from and entered the bush.

To his surprise, he met the guy he was pursuing lying on the ground crying out saying "help me, help me! my leg! trap!"

Wole got the message he was trying to pass across and immediately released his leg from the animal trap. Abani youths usually set traps to catch animal which they either eat for supper or sell to make money which they end up spending on cigarette. The most annoying thing about these youths is that they all know the inscription "smokers are liable to die young" is written on the cigarette pack, still they still turn deaf ears to such information.

"So who are you? why are you spying on me? who sent you?" Wole asked ignoring the little injury the suspect sustained

"Are you deaf? talk before I give a dirty slap" Wole said and moved few steps forward. "Holy spirit!
who I'm I seeing. Ola is this not you? Why are you spying on me when are meant to be working on my farm, ehn? Answer me' Wole screamed

Ola was one of the village youths whom Wole employed to work for him on his cocoa farm. Infact,he served as Wole's store manager.

"Hmm..mm, s..sir. it's devil sir" ola stuttered

"What! don't tell me that trash again. Just answer my questions and that's all" Wole barked

"I was forced into this sir. Have mercy sir" Ola begged

"Forced? by who?" Wole asked

"By your wife sir" Ola splitted out and immediately bent his head facing the ground

"What! are you kidding me? no Ola stop joking and get serious" Wole said with shock written all over his face

"I'm serious oga. she threatened to make you sack me if i don't do what she wanted" Ola said with a serious look

"What!" Wole shouted and remained quiet probably thinking of what step to take next.

Ola too was left thinking of his life. He was sure he would lose his job except God intervenes. But can God intervene for a sinner like me? He knows he was a sinner holding first class ticket to hell. He thought of how the trouble began,
_flash back_
About a year ago, Wole wasn't around that fateful morning. Ola was just coming out of the store room where he went to keep some semi dry cocoa seeds. To his surprise he met Laide, his boss' wife, standing on the hallway with only a wrapper loosely tied around her chest and smiling seducively.

"Ola, you are just too handsome. I find it difficult to look away from you. Can you please make feel you in the inside of me?" Immediately she said this she deliberately made the wrapper fall. and this singular action made him Hot and he grabbed his boss' wife and had sex with her even in the hallway.
This was how their secret sex affair continued until about a month ago when Laide told Ola she was suspecting her husband and told Ola to keep tabs on him. Initially Ola refused but Laide threatened to report to her husband that he (ola) raped her. Not wanting trouble, Ola reluctantly agreed.

-Back to present-
"If I had rejected her body, I wont be in this condition. ha!, I should have done like Joseph did in the bible. But the woman was naked before me and if I didn't give her what she wanted, it might spell doom for me, because she might do as the biblical Potiphar's wife did. I'm finished" Ola told himself.

"Hey, Ola are you sure of what you said just now" Wole asked

"Yes" Ola replied instantly

"Good, you will come with me to say all what you've said before her. let's go" Wole commanded.

-End of Chapter 5-
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Gobe
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chapter 6

"Hey Wole, keep your mouth shut. If you are not a fool, you'll know you don't have any right to question me. I don't see any thing wrong in trying to watch over my husband to prevent him from entering the trap of dangerous and crazy women like Labake. And let it sink in your head that as long as I'm alive, you marrying Labake is synonymous to trying to climb a ladder to reach the heavens", Laide said, and stood with arm akimbo after Wole and Ola fed her in with the latest news.

" Laide! watch your tongue. You can call me fool or any other name but don't dare abuse Labake." Wole, who was obviously enraged with his wife's manner of talking, warned.

" Don't tell me that. She's a foolish woman, husband snatcher, possessed and devilish" Laide continued raining curses.

" If she's possessed and devilish, then you are more possessed and infact the most devilish because she's your friend before Ade's death" Wole shouted back at her.

" Hey ey! Wole, o ti pa mi (you've killed me). Don't worry by the time I deal with you, you will know who is the most devilish " Laide said and ran towards wole and gave him a very hot slap. Wole had never laid his hands on his wife before, so this has made Laide think wolewas a lazy man who couldn't kill a cockroach not to talk of beating human being.

Ola who had being thinking about his life and what would happen if sacked, couldn't help laughing.

When Wole saw ola laughing, he became very angry and he pushed Laide, who fell on a nearby couch. He then ran to carry the sitting room centre table and threw it at Ola.

Ola who wasn't aware a table was been thrown at him still kept on laughing until the table hit him and he passed out.

Just then Wole knew the gravity of what he's done and he quickly carried Ola, with the help of his wife whose eyes are now relaxed, out of their house and they headed toward the east, where the village doctor's house is located.

Yeah, I know but please bear with me. I'm Just too tired.

Goodnight Readers.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
prettydiva89:
Gobe
Na so, sis. thanks for following, reading, commenting and all.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
** Chapter 6 continued**

In her bedroom, Labake sat infront of her dressing mirror, she picked up her foundation, highlighter, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and other makeup stuffs and applied them one after the other.
After minutes of battling with the makeup kit, she looked at herself, smiled and said "Any one that says you are not beautiful must be a fool and blind" with her index finger pointing at the image in the mirror before her. She kept on praising her beauty but was stopped by the ringing of her phone.

"hey S, I'm almost through. What am I saying? I'm through gan sef" Labake said immediately she picked the call.

"Ok. Don't keep us waiting oh! 'cause we are ready and waiting for you here" Seun said on the other side

"I won't. I'll be with you people in fifteen minutes time" Labake answered

"o da bo (bye)" Seun answered in her mother tongue and hung off.

Labake flung the phone on her bed and rushed to her wardrobe to pick a purple bag which matched the purple dry lace she was putting on. She then walked out to the bedroom.

"Ty, you will have to help me go back to the shop after you've dropped me at Seun's place. My mind is telling me work at shop today can't be handled effectively by that little Debo. Will you?" Labake asked Ty who had being concentrating on the bad road so as not to run into pot-holes on the road.

Ty was Labake's husband's driver. She had complained to her husband about the stress in driving herself, so the latter sent his driver to her while he managed to drive himself for the main time as a good and responsible husband he was.

"Oga, no problem. your wish is my command. Even if you ask me to park this car and carry you on by back to where we are going, I no get choice, I go obey" Ty answered sarcastically.

"Ahn an! It's not up to that nah! it seems you are a very funny man and I'm sure will enjoy your company" Labake responded

"You will ma'am. Left or right?" Ty said

" No wonder my husband didn't want to release you to me in the first place. Ehn en! turn to the right now" Labake said and directed ty who didn't know where they were going.

"ok ma'am" Ty said and made a sharp turn to his right.

"Good. keep following the straight path and I will tell you when to stop. Hope you are mastering the road sha. So you will know where to come when you want to carry me back home since no one will be there to direct you." Labake explained

"Ma'am, no worry yourself I dey master am" Ty said trying to speak pidgin.

Few minutes later, they got to seun's house and ty made a U-turn and drove back to shop to work with Debo, while Labake went to join Seun and family into their house.

* End of Chapter 6 *
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nice updates my brother. I can see improvement in your composition, alignment and coordination of your conversations!

You really making things out!

Please endeavour to always proof read ur updates before posting because I could see some typos here... Just a cent bro wink
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
marioking:
Nice updates my brother. I can see improvement in your composition, alignment and coordination of your conversations!

You really making things out!

Please endeavour to always proof read ur updates before posting because I could see some typos here... Just a cent bro wink
Thanks sire. I promise to always proof read.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Oga marioking,

Also check my other story through the link in my signature and help check for ammendments, if any is there.

Thanks.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:12am On Apr 12, 2015
Sorry for the delay. I promise to continue today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is The Use Of Child Soldiers, A Good Phenomenon Or Not - Nigerian Online Debate / Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? / Poem : A Farewell To My Late Mother Part One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.