Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) (28438 Views)

How To Stay Awake While Reading / Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by MAHEEEDA(m): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
There are many easy ways to stay awake while studying at night, but students in higher institution of learning and secondary schools hardly notice it, hence, they ignore this simple and easiest life style that can help them stay awake to study at might.

Its already scientifically proven that students who study at Night tends to understand more than those that study during the day. Here is Four Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night:

Drink a Lot of Water
When you’re trying to stay awake waters the way to go. Dehydration can make you sleepy, so keeping your body hydrated will stave off those symptoms. If you are really sleepy, drink a lot of water to make sure you stay up. If you have to get up to go to the bathroom, it will definitely keep you awake! by water I don’t mean alcohol or coffee because it may contain water)

Take Breaks
Your brain is a complex thing but it still needs rest if you want to study hard for a long time as well as doing the best you can on your test. Schedule out your time so you can take a break try a study routine for 45 minutes, break for 15, and so forth. Set the alarm on your mobile so you don’t forget (or if you’re afraid you’ll fall asleep). Watch a TV show, talk to a friend, read a book, or listen to some music but nothing school related at all, even if it’s a TV show.

Exercise
Exercise can be a great way to wake yourself up take a short walk, dance to some music on your iPod (without waking up your roommates or your parents depending on where your living and the time), or head over to the gym for a little while. Taking a shower after a workout can wake you up even more (cold will wake you up but shocking the body’s never good so just a general shower). Don’t Study Somewhere Comfortable No curling up into a nice ball on your pillow with soft music playing the background will not help you stay awake, maybe heavy metal rock will but its better just to sit on a chair back straight lamp on and revise, no pillows, no comfortableness, when your body wants to sleep yet you have to fight it comfort ability should be what your actively seeking to stop.

Eat a Snack
Get your blood sugar up by eating a healthy snack (junk food will just give you a burst of energy but then you’ll crash and collapse for 7 hours, wake up and realise you didn’t do any revision). Apples are always a good food to help you keep your blood sugar stable so you can stay awake (a lot of people say they will wake you up better than caffeine and hey its also one of your 5-a-day).
SOURCE: http://www.diamondreport.com.ng/2014/12/easiest-ways-to-stay-awake-while.html

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Bashir3(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Gonna try it.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by MAHEEEDA(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
Bashir3:
Gonna try it.

Good to know! grin grin
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Beesluv: 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
Good of you
Some put their legs in water.

I have a stubborn sleep that no matter what I do, the sleep always come whenever I'm reading

6 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..... I hate studying in d night, it's a waste of time for me, I prefer waking up early in the morning as 3AM-6AM,, den go back to bed and wake up around 7:30...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by hayoakins(m): 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
On point.

I don't play with intermediate break while studying for long hours.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by boss1310(m): 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
school days i tried everything from bitter kola,kola nuts,eating raw pepper,listening to music,washing my face,jumping even running in the class yet within 30 mins i ve dozed off.it doesnt work for me

are you the famous Maheeda that takes pleasure in making guys get three legs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Pr0ton: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
Reading at night sucks... not my style.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by constance500: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
Listening to music huh, my greatest sleeping pill

2 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
The drinking of water part is so so true.........i do that a lot and it works for me.

4 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
constance500:
Listening to music huh, my greatest sleeping pill
Go download some Terry G music broda cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
Classyzi:
The drinking of water part is so so true.........i do that a lot and it works for me.
Why won't drinking water work for you......look at you, you no know say you resemble mami water before? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
FriedPlantain:
Why won't drinking water work for you......look at you, you no know say you resemble mami water before? grin grin
hahahahaha na u sabi.
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by pxjosh(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
the first thing I did was to click to view maheeeda's profile before reading what she wrote about. hit like if you did same

12 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by ritababe(f): 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nack chew gum
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
Mehn… Xmas eve for waffi be like world war lll.

Inbetween…

Merry xmas Nairalanders.. #One love to you all.
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by BenGlobal1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
God just send u to me fa
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Innodon(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
noted
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Coffee does it...

@ Poster, are you an imposter?
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Spam2: 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Coolboi05(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Put your legs inside bucket of water

Chewing gum

Taking breaks
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by drstainlex: 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
. MERRY EXMAS!!!
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Prodeegee(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Mhen sleep neva worry u o...

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by DjAndroid: 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
This thread is wrongly timed. It is supposed to be posted early next year. For now, people are enjoying the holidays.
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by jacob05(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
Smoking weed works too... grin wink
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sniffing dry pepper also helps
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by jbaby265(f): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
nescafe too
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
i dnt tink all dis will work,,,sniffing dry pepprer wil b a better option
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by hatux: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
he speaks the truth

Anyone who goes for night classes can testify to it

*But this does not mean some of you should use your active eyes for evil o,this is mainly for * the thieves that nab your phone and leave your charger for you and the toasters (damn I hate these guys)

well as for me I only read till day break without sleep whenever I have

*too many books to read* wink

Re: Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
water makes me feel dizzy

am a night worker so staying awake is not difficult for me , that's if my day wasn't stressful o .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayo Bamidele Graduates In Style, As Microsoft Gives Him Full Time Offer. Photos / Osun State University (UNIOSUN) In Pictures / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.