Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Mtn Duping Nigerians And A Government That Is Careless:http://friendsofnija.blog - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mtn Duping Nigerians And A Government That Is Careless:http://friendsofnija.blog (692 Views)

Nigerians And Kenyans Attack One Another On Twitter (hilarious!) / Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / I Uproot Every Careless Word You Have Spoken Knowingly Or Unknowingly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Duping Nigerians And A Government That Is Careless:http://friendsofnija.blog by Tonway(m): 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
Jonathan should try defending Nigerians from little thing like this and see the love he’ll get come 2015.

With a none existing customer care where people can call and resolve complains:

The role of government everywhere in the world is to protect and make living condition of her citizens bearable, but our government, in the drive toward attracting foreign investors and attaining the vision of being one of the top twenty economies of the world are ending up attracting foreign defrauders that short changes her citizens, and agencies responsible to regulate and monitor the activities of the so call foreign investors looking the other way round. Little wonder we’re having a robust economy on paper with confusing figures that are not translating to improve living condition of our people, because MTN, the Chinese, Indians and the Lebanese through their free and unchecked dubious activities siphoned the money that would have improved our lives through illegal and dubious means to wherever they launder these funds, a practice that can never be attempted in their country by Nigerians doing businesses there. (We no blame una, na our careless government we go blame)

MTN call themselves communication giant, but in actual sense, they’re thieving and deceitful giant, and I await them to sue me for libel if they can, while I want to also inform await my suit and my fury in the coming days. I have seen lot of complains on line, on Naira land and lot of people, most especially illiterate Nigerians complain the same. If MTN is a responsible social responsible company, they would immediately stop this racket and commence investigation immediately.
Last week, after recharging my phone, I saw a prompting telling me to text free to 2020, and yes to 1010 and win some shits ranging from gen set and what have you. But on doing that, it went on to where they now said you can now win a car for N100, and at that juncture I stopped, having had my fingers burned sometimes ago with their free caller tune, which they ended up stealing my money for over six months before I could discontinue, despite texting stop to the short code they provided that one can text and stopped subscribing for something someone didn’t even subscribed for in the first place. From text for free, they systematically and dubiously started embezzling my money and denied me the use of my money till Monday, when I had to connect with whoever is managing their MTN’s twitter handle and I was told to send in my number, and subsequently told that I played the cash quest promo, which I denied, knowing I didn’t, and as am talking, the illegal deductions of my money is still on, that all I can do is to stop recharging, and you can imagine the inconvenience they’ve caused me!

While I might not want to lay the blame solely on the door steps of the foreign telecommunication thieving giant and others, just like we can’t blame blood thirsty Boko Haram whom they said are foreign fighters, but we would completely and majorly blame our fellow Nigerians, who are directing these criminals into the country with their activities, compatriots who works with these organisations’ legal departments, and corporate communications or PR departments, who should be in the right position to warn these unscrupulous elements who would come to this country and flaunt our laws, steal from our people and disrespect us all on acceptable corporate practices and the law of our land. For instance, the Consumer Protection Council (CPC) has it in their stipulations that Customer deserve the right for protection, which they don’t insist these organisations adhere to the stipulations. (Provision of information enabling informed consumer choice as well as protection from misleading or inaccurate advertising and labelling-- CPC) But this is not the case with MTN and their misleading and ambushed promo, that won’t provide adequate information before they would start stealing from her unsuspecting customers. The laws are there, their legal department and others know this, and the regulatory bodies like NCC as well, but because they know this is Nigeria where anyone can get away with anything, even if it goes to trial, like in Aminu Oguche’s terrorism case, government officials or respective institutions, who are supposed to handle cases like these would bungle it, and advice these criminal foreigners to go ahead as far as their selfish interest would be accommodated.
Browsing through Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) the body regulating the activities of telecommunications operators in the country and this is what I found. It is stated there that MTN specifically and others are not to embark on any kind of promo, but do they insist they adhere?
Hear them:
“Also in February, 2014, following the failure of MTN Nigeria Communication Limited, Airtel Networks Limited and Globacom Nigeria Limited to meet the various Quality of Service (QOS) Key Performance Indicators (KPI), the Commission placed a ban on any promotions or bonus offers on these networks until further notice.
Our recent monitoring of compliance with the above regulatory obligations revealed various cases of glaring violations of both the dominance obligations and the ban on promotions by MTN Nigerian Communications Limited.
Following the Commission’s findings, MTN Nigeria Communication Limited was invited to provide its explanations for the observed violations. However, the explanations by MTN Communications Nigerian Limited were considered and found to be unacceptable.
Consequently, the Commission issued a FINAL WARNING to MTN Nigeria Communications limited and directed as follows:
• MTN should forthwith collapse the On-net and Off-net tariff on its network and strictly comply with all obligations placed on MTN under the 2013 Declaration of Dominance;
• MTN should notify the Commission of compliance with the act within 10 (Ten) days of receipt of the directive;
• MTN should forthwith discontinue and withdraw all unapproved promotion: including but not limited to “MTN 100% Daily On-net Promo; “MTN 200% recharge bonus”, On-net Bonus SMS Promo”, MTN All day WOW Pr-------------NCC
To be continue:
I advise everyone on MTN network to consider porting perhaps to Etisalat, which is better and more responsible than this disrespectful and criminal network

1 Like

Re: Mtn Duping Nigerians And A Government That Is Careless:http://friendsofnija.blog by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
True

(1) (Reply)

Skill Set NOT Hand Set / Progressive: Sheath Your Swords / Safety Tips On How To Identify Fake Policemen At A Glance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.