Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

48 Great Inspirational Quotes For Students - Motivate Yourself - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 48 Great Inspirational Quotes For Students - Motivate Yourself (842 Views)

How To Motivate Yourself To Study / 25 Inspirational Quotes From 3 Idiots Movie / How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

48 Great Inspirational Quotes For Students - Motivate Yourself by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 25, 2014
Really, there’s just something about the words of great people, who’ve been there, and have done and achieved those things we are trying to presently. Here are some of great motivational quotes I thought would be great to share:

1. “Not in time, place, or circumstance, but in the man lies success.” - Charles B. Rouss
2. “It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.” - W.Somerset Maugham
3. “The man who has done his level best, and who is conscious that he has done his best, is a success, even though the world may write him down a failure.” - B. C. Forbes
4. “What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love, give it the best there is in you, seize your opportunities, and be a member of the team.” - Benjamin F. Fairless
5. “Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. That is the secret to success.” - Swami Sivananda
6. “The greatest thing a man can do in this world is to make the most possible out of the stuff that has been given him. This is success, and there is no other.” - Orison Swett Marden
7. “To be successful, the first thing to do is to fall in love with your work.” - Sister Mary Lauretta
8. “Success is that old ABC – ability, breaks, and courage.” - Charles Luckman
9. “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.” - Michael Jordan
10. “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. How can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?” – Unknown
11. “We learn something from everyone who passes through our lives.. Some lessons are painful, some are painless.. but, all are priceless.” – Unknown
12. “Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.” – Unknown
13. “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” – Larry Winget
14. “Three things you cannot recover in life: the WORD after it’s said, the MOMENT after it’s missed and the TIME after it’s gone. Be Careful!” – Unknown
15. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
16. “When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say.” – Unknown
17. “Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.” – Unknown
18. “Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.” – Unknown
19. “Love what you have. Need what you want. Accept what you receive. Give what you can. Always remember, what goes around, comes around…” – Unknown
20. “Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than what you have.” – Unknown
21. “The biggest failure you can have in life is making the mistake of never trying at all.” – Unknown
22. “Life has two rules: #1 Never quit #2 Always remember rule # 1.” – Unknown
23. “No one is going to hand me success. I must go out and get it myself. That's why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world, and myself.” – Unknown
24. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Gandhi
25. “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” - William Butler Yeats
26. “Learning is not a spectator sport.” - D. Blocher
27. “It is wiser to find out than to suppose.” - Mark Twain
28. “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.” - B. F. Skinner
29. “I think, therefore I am. (Cogito, ergo sum.)” - Rene Descartes
30. “Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis
31. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” - Albert Einstein
32. “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.” - Mortimer Adler
33. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
34. “The journey is the reward.” - Chinese Proverb
35. “Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.” - Goethe
36. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” - Will Rogers
37. “Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back.” - Chinese Proverb
38. “Be a student as long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.” - Henry L. Doherty
39. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
40. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
41. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
42. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others' opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
43. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
44. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
45. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
46. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
47. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson

48. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
- See more at: http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/12/48-great-inspirational-quotes-for-students-motivation.html#sthash.SDtGLCJr.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Requirements Into The Nigeria Defense Academy (2015) / Nursing Or Phd In Public Health? / Project Topics And Materials In Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.