Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? (1110 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Dead People In Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Is This How The Hausas Really Behave Inside Planes? / Calabar, Most Hospitable People In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 26, 2014
I'm just kinda wondering if the Hausas are the least explorative people in Nigeria. Go to major cities around the world say Toronto, Houston, Texas, New York City, Sydney, Madrid, Vancouver, Ottawa, Rome, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo etc., you only gonna see a lot of Igbos and Yorubas.

Even in my school here, we have like 300 Nigerians - no single Hausa like this. All these make me wonder if Hausa people really travel at all compared to other tribes.

This is not a tribalistic post, before some people start to dey come for my head.. grin It's just an observation. Thanks! cheesy

Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by StealthyMe(m): 6:42am On Dec 26, 2014
Good observation! Lemme park & learn cheesy
Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:25am On Dec 26, 2014
I don park too
Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
I don park too

StealthyMe:
Good observation! Lemme park & learn cheesy

Make una park well. grin
Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by tdayof(m): 7:31am On Dec 26, 2014
Following
Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by StealthyMe(m): 7:41am On Dec 26, 2014
Amefrica:

Make una park well. grin

lol grin
Thanks cheesy Its probably because of their low standard/lack of education and enlightenment undecided

I have hausa friends who are extremely knowledgeable though....So,No insults intended to the Hausas' embarassed

Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 26, 2014
StealthyMe:

lol grin
Thanks cheesy Its probably because of their low standard/lack of education and enlightenment undecided

I have hausa friends who are extremely knowledgeable though....So,No insults intended to the Hausas' embarassed

No insults at all. cheesy

Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 26, 2014
they dont wanna stay in non-islamic country

Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by Doortun(m): 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
They do not believe in exploring other countries chiefly because majority are uneducated. The few educated ones get good jobs as administrators after graduation.

I know one Hausa dude during my NYSC days who became Assistant Director after graduation. Unlike Southerners who are not guaranteed a sustainable source of livelihood even after PhD because of stiff competition.

Then culture and religion also play a huge role.

Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by iyb(m): 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
hausa do travel out of the country but they mostly goto the middle east saudi arabia,dubai,qatar,turkey,iran,yemen,egypt
now unlike igbo and yoruba hausa do not go to western countries to hustle they prefer staying home and if you do see them in western countries they are mostly there for studies or business and as soon as they are through they come back home

Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by SkinnyDude(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
they are in Middle-east.

Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by SkinnyDude(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
iyb:
hausa do travel out of the country but they mostly goto the middle east saudi arabia,dubai,qatar,turkey,iran,yemen,egypt
now unlike igbo and yoruba hausa do not go to western countries to hustle they prefer staying home and if you do see them in western countries they are mostly there for studies or business and as soon as they are through they come back home
and they have this 'born to rule' mentality. they come back home to rule HORSE!

Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
Doortun:
They do not believe in exploring other countries chiefly because majority are uneducated. The few educated ones get good jobs as administrators after graduation.

I know one Hausa dude during my NYSC days who became Assistant Director after graduation. Unlike Southerners who are not guaranteed a sustainable source of livelihood even after PhD because of stiff competition.

Then culture and religion also play a huge role.

You're on point, bro. I get you smiley
Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
iyb:

Are you talking about the Hausa or the Arabian people?
Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by iyb(m): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
Amefrica:

Are you talking about the Hausa or the Arabian people?
I am talking about Hausa people
Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
iyb:
I am talking about Hausa people

I only know about the Arabian people who would do anything to return to their home country, because the money dey overflow..
Re: Are The Hausas The Least Explorative People In Nigeria? by abbakacici: 3:02am On Dec 30, 2014
Hausas are not hustles like other tribes, and also they have pride. Therefore a poor or middle class in the North will relocated to west to hustle as second class citizens.

Even in your school may be there are Hausas but you will never meet them because they act as Chinese I.e they only hang out with other Hausas

Schooling And Working In Canada / Accident Involving 4 Vehiacles At Iyana-oworo, Lagos (photos) / Lagos To Kano Train. Nairalander bad experience (pictures)