Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Thanksgiving: Your Access To Perfection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thanksgiving: Your Access To Perfection (1369 Views)

David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / Ambode, Osinbajo, At Bishop Okonkwo's Birthday Thanksgiving (Photos) / Perfection Must Be Attained To Get To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanksgiving: Your Access To Perfection by Benjom(m): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
It is indeed a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord. With the same intensity with which you pray, give God praise. Thanksgiving is not only a good thing but a necessary one.

Why Thanksgiving?

1. God Deserves It

Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable.
Psalm 145:3

The worth of God in your heart determines His grace upon your life. Nothing good happens by chance. It takes the grace of God to still be alive. For your family, the air you breathe, the shelter upon your head, the clothe you wear, the food on your table, protection against wickedness, etc. God indeed deserves all the praises. God is the invisible hand behind the visible acts.

2. God Demands It

Give glory to the LORD your God Before He causes darkness, And before your feet stumble On the dark mountains, And while you are looking for light, He turns it into the shadow of death And makes it dense darkness. But if you will not hear it, My soul will weep in secret for your pride; My eyes will weep bitterly And run down with tears, Because the LORD’S flock has been taken captive.
Jeremiah 13:16-17

When you give God thanks for His finger today, you secure your tomorrow.

Benefits Of Thanksgiving

1. Thanksgiving Is The Spiritual Preservation Of Our Blessings

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.
Ephesians 1:3

Every blessing of God is fundamentally spiritual (healing, prosperity, breakthrough, etc). Consequently, all these blessings can only be spiritually maintained. Murmuring and complaining only complicate matters. Every time you withhold thanksgiving from God, He withdraws even the ones (blessings) He has given you.

If you will not hear, And if you will not take it to heart, To give glory to My name,” Says the LORD of hosts, “I will send a curse upon you, And I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, Because you do not take it to heart.
Malachi 2:2

Because they do not regard the works of the LORD, Nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them And not build them up.
Psalm 28:5

2. Thanksgiving Is The Key To The Perfection Of Our Blessings

God never gives His best first. He gives you a taste to see your level of appreciation first or if you’ll be grateful at all. Then, He releases His best to you when you’re thankful.

Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. And they lifted up their voices and said, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” So when He saw them, He said to them, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan. So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? “Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”
Luke 17:11-19

Every good gift comes from the Lord. To be unthankful is tantamount to robbing your destiny of its glorious heritage. Only the thankful multiply their testimonies. Therefore, for all the blessings of God on your life, thank Him with all your heart and might for you to continue to experience perfection in every aspect of your life.

I must however inform you that to enjoy the benefits of thanksgiving, you must be saved. Salvation is the foundation to enjoying perfection in thanksgiving. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving: Your Access To Perfection by IamDejman(m): 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lord, I thank you

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving: Your Access To Perfection by Benjom(m): 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
IamDejman:
Lord, I thank you

Glory to God.

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving: Your Access To Perfection by 12stinep(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Why Catholic-christains Do Not Eat Meat On Good Fridays And Ash Wesnesdays. / "666": The Mark Of The Beast DECODED / The Mecca/ Jerusalem Pilgrimage: The Height Of Religious Idiocy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.