Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 (8019 Views)

MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Workers To Access 25% Pension Savings For Mortgage …to Forfeit Lump Sum Payment / PHCN: Workers To Get Pay-offs From Privatisation Proceeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by lalasticlala(m): 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
The Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) has lamented the failure of stakeholders to respect the last memorandum of understanding regarding financial autonomy of the Judiciary.

JUSUN therefore announced that union will commence an indefinite strike from January 2, 2015.

Rising from an emergency meeting of its National Executive Committee (NEC), in Abuja, the union explained that the strike became imperative, considering the “rough terrain encountered by the union to make the governors implement the judgment of Federal High Court delivered on 13th January, 2014 but fall on deaf ears.”

The a communique jointly signed by the union President, comrade Marwan Mustapha Adamu and Assistant General Secretary, Comrade Placidus Nnamani, stated that it is obvious that the state Governors were deliberately disobeying and frustrating the independence of Judiciary.

JUSUN said their action amounts to a level of “insincerity and insensitive” of the Governors and the insecurity in the process of democratic principles as they have conspired not to allow a constitutional guaranteed and provided partner to exercise its due rights.’

JUSUN accused the Accountant General of the Federation of compromising his position and authority imposed on him by the court order.

The union had suspended its previously intended strike following the last Memorandum of understanding supervised by the Minister of Labour reached on 27th November, 2014.

JUSUN warned that “the indefinite strike shall commence from 2nd day of January 2015, until the total compliance with the judgment of the Court, and the terms contained in the Memorandum of understandring”, adding the union will not take responsibility of any mishap as a result of the breach.

Some of the efforts of the union includes securing a Court judgment in a suit no FHC/ABJ/CS/66/2013, JUSUN vs National Judicial Council and 73 others, serving of the said judgment on the debtors, the Federal Accountant General, State Accountants general and state auditor general for compliance and until the statutory period of appeal, and now none of the judgment debtors or the parties served with the Court order have appealed against it.

JUSUN, however said, ”we think, it is time to free the Judiciary from the captives, stangulations and imprisonments by the state governors.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/26/judiciary-workers-embark-nationwide-strike-january-2/

2 Likes

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by LaurelP(m): 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
Me sef I will soon go my own strike

1 Like

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
Strike to begin the year

1 Like

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by zopaks: 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
bad news!
IMPORTATION DONE FOR YOU!!
CLEARANCE SALES BONANAZA!!
WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTED ROSEFLOWER WRISTWATCHES AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN BULK PURCHASE(RESELLERS)
TO GET SOME, CONTACT ME ON THE NUMBERS BELOW
WHATSAPP: 0701 1934 575
CALL 0815 326 4902
HURRY!!! ONLY 70 PIECES ARE AVAILABLE

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Sylvarresta(m): 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
Fayose u see ur life, well none of my business

1 Like

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by AutosBay(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
Strike the in thing nowadays.
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
After spending your money shopping throughout the season and the children's school fees would need to be paid soon, you now want to go on strike.

Your stomach and those of your kids shall give testimony. grin grin
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by babyfun(f): 7:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Why is this country deteriorating everyday...God please help us

2 Likes

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by danaiks(m): 7:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Starting 2015 with strike that's a bad omen cry
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by okotv(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
chai....Buhari is needed to effect change

Vote for change 2015.

7 Likes

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by tellwisdom: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Foolish judicial workers undecided...What is their work??
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by babyfun(f): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
I pray they don't shut the whole country down soon before na so so strike everyday......
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by REDshouse(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
jusun...reminds me of jumong

1 Like

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by bynat(f): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
Them don start abi? Make una leave 2015 alone ooo
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
What is my business, ASUU should Join them too when I go for my Internship
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Decapo: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
Sylvarresta:
Fayose u see ur life, well none of my business
hw e take concern fayose?
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by slimaliyu(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
yet another failure frm d clueless one

¤LAWD SAVE 9JA¤
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Blackchampion(m): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
babyfun:
K
K is for Kiss
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Decapo: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
babyfun:
K
k for kush
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
The judiciary seems to have woken up from their slumber to join their executive and legislative counterparts in the looting spree.

Every diick and harry now wants financial autonomy while the average Nigerian is dying of abject poverty, inflation, multiple taxation and unemployment. Nonsense
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by tobaflexy(m): 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
Strike thinS na wa for nija oooo
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Alphonsocapone(m): 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
don't vote in pdp come 2015

4 Likes

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Alphonsocapone(m): 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
gej must go

5 Likes

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by HonourablePomk: 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
cry cry cry
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by bola4dprec(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nigeria Police will soon join their counterpart in fighting for stomach infrastructure
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
tellwisdom:
Foolish judicial workers undecided...What is their work??
Seems you do not have an atom of respect and courtesy inside you.
When did it become a crime for someone to fight for his right?
May someone call you FOOLISH anyday you stand up to fight for your right!

4 Likes

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Alphonsocapone(m): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
wetin consign me abeg make I go boxing day grooving jor

1 Like

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by tojahh(m): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
juanmata:
What is my business, ASUU should follow sought whe iI go for my Internship
bros eh, Abeg na Which Internship you wan go with this your English? Abeg o, na Question I ask o.

1 Like

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by lacasa: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
okotv:
chai....Buhari is needed to effect change

Vote for change 2015.

For the fact that almost evry. Workers union have embarked o industrial strike action says a great deal of the mismanagement and ineffective Leadership quality of the present president and government.

#Still GmB/PYO15

CollectYourPVC
SupportandvoteForBuhari-OsinBajo
Kick-out the crooks cool

1 Like

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Ojeremi(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
V
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
tojahh:
bros eh, Abeg na Which Internship you wan go with this your English? Abeg o, na Question I ask o.
cobbler... grin grin. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by jaysniggs: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
sthenry1402:

Seems you do not have an atom of respect and courtesy inside you.
When did it become a crime for someone to fight for his right?
May someone call you FOOLISH anyday you stand up to fight for your right!

The username is ashamed of the user.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Office Politics - Bookfest On A Bus Ride / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? / How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.