Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 (8028 Views)

MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Workers To Access 25% Pension Savings For Mortgage …to Forfeit Lump Sum Payment / PHCN: Workers To Get Pay-offs From Privatisation Proceeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Ilekeh(f): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
Same thing last year.
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by mooremadu(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
So unfortunate dat evn d judiciary dat is an. Arm of d govt will ve to go strike ova financial autonomy.. Is pathetic. Seriously speaking I think d constitution needs tob totally overhauled to accommodate d judiciary in terms making them part nd parcel of d govt were all their needs will b stipulated nd guarded by d law... @leaat dis would stop to a large extent their dependence on the executive... Compliment!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by sunnity15: 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
dis strike no concern FG dis is matter of states governor
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Larow(m): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
If the economy like make hin crash, no be 2day we igbos don de struggle and suffer to make ends meet! We are strong......gej till 2019
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by BABANGBALI: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
He no go better for whoever ask dem not to go. The judiciary has caused more harm than good to this country. Bunch of corrupt people tongue
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Krisddon: 9:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
lalasticlala:
The Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) has lamented the failure of stakeholders to respect the last memorandum of understanding regarding financial autonomy of the Judiciary.

JUSUN therefore announced that union will commence an indefinite strike from January 2, 2015.

Rising from an emergency meeting of its National Executive Committee (NEC), in Abuja, the union explained that the strike became imperative, considering the “rough terrain encountered by the union to make the governors implement the judgment of Federal High Court delivered on 13th January, 2014 but fall on deaf ears.”

The a communique jointly signed by the union President, comrade Marwan Mustapha Adamu and Assistant General Secretary, Comrade Placidus Nnamani, stated that it is obvious that the state Governors were deliberately disobeying and frustrating the independence of Judiciary.

JUSUN said their action amounts to a level of “insincerity and insensitive” of the Governors and the insecurity in the process of democratic principles as they have conspired not to allow a constitutional guaranteed and provided partner to exercise its due rights.’

JUSUN accused the Accountant General of the Federation of compromising his position and authority imposed on him by the court order.

The union had suspended its previously intended strike following the last Memorandum of understanding supervised by the Minister of Labour reached on 27th November, 2014.

JUSUN warned that “the indefinite strike shall commence from 2nd day of January 2015, until the total compliance with the judgment of the Court, and the terms contained in the Memorandum of understandring”, adding the union will not take responsibility of any mishap as a result of the breach.

Some of the efforts of the union includes securing a Court judgment in a suit no FHC/ABJ/CS/66/2013, JUSUN vs National Judicial Council and 73 others, serving of the said judgment on the debtors, the Federal Accountant General, State Accountants general and state auditor general for compliance and until the statutory period of appeal, and now none of the judgment debtors or the parties served with the Court order have appealed against it.

JUSUN, however said, ”we think, it is time to free the Judiciary from the captives, stangulations and imprisonments by the state governors.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/26/judiciary-workers-embark-nationwide-strike-january-2/
I'm not surprised cos even fuel subsidy was removed on 1st January. Insensitivity @ its peak!
Let them go on strike & God will take over judgement!
'Continu'
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by olola4(m): 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
see Bleep up,me DAT am already jubilating DAT my dad will start collecting FG salary and my pocket moni will be inflated...GEJ must just go
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by olola4(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
see Bleep up,me DAT am already jubilating DAT my dad will start collecting FG salary and i will inflate mypocket moni...GEJ must just go
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by coldFLARES1(m): 12:06am On Dec 27, 2014
If financial autonomy would stop them from delivering 'black market' judgement, so be it! But wait o...Haven't they been advised that in our coast, we don't give a dan about agreements entered into? Seek education from ASUU, Resident Doctors' Union et al and understand that a threat of strikes doesn't make us flinch.
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by tellwisdom: 3:37am On Dec 27, 2014
sthenry1402:

Seems you do not have an atom of respect and courtesy inside you.
When did it become a crime for someone to fight for his right?
May someone call you FOOLISH anyday you stand up to fight for your right!

You foolish boi...what do you know sad....Eat amala and sleep
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Anglovel: 5:12am On Dec 27, 2014
Foolish judicial workers undecided...What is their work??

Pls PAY OUR PENSION BENEFITS NOW OR ELSE.......

NJC WHY NOW.?

DO U NEED US TO USE FORCE TO COLLECT WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS AFTER OWING US FOR 8YEARS?AFTER RETIREMENT

OOH MY POOR CHILDREN ......WAITING FOR 3YRS NOW OUT OF SCHOOL,

DIS IS NOT JONAS DOING BT D

CABALS,GOVS ETC,IN MY CASE ITS D

GREEDY NJC FRUSTRATING ABUJA

HIGH COURT RETIREES .....SOS NJC

SOS NJC......

PLS PAY ME NOW B4 U COMMENCE

DIS STRIKE......D MONEY IS WTH U

NJC,CJN MOHAMMED PUT UR NJC IN

ORDER NOW OR ELSE UR OWN

BROTHERS NOW USING OUR

BENEFITS TO BUY STATE-OF-ART

OFFICIAL CARS WILL BE............

ENOUGH IS NOW ENOUGH FOR DIS

SENSELESS,SELFISH STRIKES BY

JUSON.....
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by dom(m): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2014
Their agitations are very much in order. But I wonder why they mostly embark on strike during court vacations When courts arent sitting (except the vacation court) and the effect of their strike would hardly be felt. Waste of time. JUSUN should sit
up and stop being a toothless bulldog.
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by dom(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2014
sunnity15:
dis strike no concern FG dis is matter of states governor

not true. It includes the federal judiciary and most states. (except rivers, i think)
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 28, 2014
tellwisdom:

You foolish boi...what do you know sad....Eat amala and sleep
At least I am not OLODO like you that does not know who are judiciary workers and what they do!
Go and ask ur mum who is ur dad cos I'm no sure you know him as d word respect eludes you.
Re: Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 by tellwisdom: 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
sthenry1402:

At least I am not OLODO like you that does not know who are judiciary workers and what they do!
Go and ask ur mum who is ur dad cos I'm no sure you know him as d word respect eludes you.

You are ode who ought to be slapped...You illegitimate son

(1) (2) (Reply)

13th Month Pay In Nigeria: Who Is Entitled To It And Its Legal Basis / Office Politics - Bookfest On A Bus Ride / Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.