Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,015 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ? (1904 Views)

Adoption From Nigeria (PLEASE HELP!!!) / Should I Go For Adoption / Adoption From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

? by MummyEsther: 6:37am On Dec 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: ? by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 27, 2014
Picture Or Adonblvit.
Re: ? by MummyEsther: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2014
Re: ? by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2014
MummyEsther:

Sorry, I didn't get you. explain what you mean.
Just kidding. But if u r serious about it wait on God.
Re: ? by Onegai(f): 7:13am On Dec 27, 2014
Maybe start by going to one of the big Catholic parishes around you (e.g. St. Dominic's Yaba, Holy Family Catholic Church Festac, Church of Assumption Falomo, St. Anthony's Gbaja, Holy Cross Cathedral Lagos Island or the one in Ikeja) and make enquiries from the Parish Office. They usually have all the directories of Nunnerys in Lagos and know which Order is working with orphans.

Also get yourself in order, as they will scrutinise your lives (emotional, health, financial, etc). Decide what age and sex of child you want and really talk to yourselves about the matter (if one spouse dies, how does the other care for your child, maybe draw up a plan to support financially). How will family and friends receive the news (FYI, it's none of their business, they should accept your decision). The Church will ask you all of this in order to ascertain if you're truly prepared for all that is coming (they are diligent).

Ask if you have to be catholic to adopt (I don't think so sha).

I've met adopted kids who are healthy, stable and will tell you of how much they love their parents, no matter what. So don't let anyone discourage you and stand firm in your convictions.

Goodluck and congrats in advance on the addition to your family smiley

3 Likes

Re: ? by SAMBARRY: 7:53am On Dec 27, 2014
If you need serious minded comments you better tell the mods to move it to the religious section
Re: ? by MummyEsther: 8:16am On Dec 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: ? by Onegai(f): 9:00am On Dec 27, 2014
MummyEsther:
@Onegai: Thanks for the info but I still need details.

@Sambarry: I'm doing that right away. thanks

That's the most I can give you, as the person I know who did it was Catholic and it was a matter of approaching the Parish office at her church last year. They knew her and her family for years and it was smooth-forward for her. As a non-catholic, the Catholic church may tell you if you're not baptised in an old faith (Anglican, Methodist, Lutheran, etc) you are not baptised at all and they may require that first. Some may require letters of recommendation from people who know you (and it will carry more weight to the Nuns if a Monseigneur or higher gives you one). I don't know the whereabouts of those homes in Lagos, and the best place to speak to a nun is in church, after Mass, if you see them attending. That's why making enquiries at the Parish Priest's desk is easier and faster, they will direct you to the right steps to take. The churches I mentioned, you can speak to a priest from 9am at the Parish Office, during weekdays, it's just you and the Priest (if you're worried about privacy).

1 Like

Re: ? by MummyEsther: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2014
Re: ? by austine4real(m): 10:47am On Dec 27, 2014
Sorry hw long have u been waiting?
-its a gud idea,cos God cn answr u if take gud care of d baby i'v seen it b4
Re: ? by Onegai(f): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2014
MummyEsther:

Thanks Onegai. I was even thinking of going there today. So I can't see the priest on a Saturday?

Because of Weddings, the Parish Office may not be open. During the week, they are open, each has office hours. If you go today, maybe just check when you can see a priest at the Parish office.
Re: ? by MummyEsther: 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: ? by austine4real(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
MummyEsther:

7years marriage. 5years courtship with hubby before marriage. I hope that gives you a clearer picture of where I'm coming from .
God can stll do it, neva too late 4 God.
Tell ur man 2 kip doin it, tis well
Re: ? by mutter(f): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
Even it God does it and he would, nothing stops her from adopting a child. It is then one child more. We do Gods will by adopting a child and showing the child love.

1 Like

Re: ? by zeb04(f): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
God blesses us in so many ways, through conception or by adoption either way,it is still God's blessing to us,speaking from experience.

There are so many kids who can't feed,can't get no love.living from hand to mouth and all.left for me,every well to do parent should spread the love by adopting just one child.

1 Like

Re: ? by MummyEsther: 9:21pm On May 04, 2015

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival / Don't Judge People By Their Character... / Tomorrow We Go In For Our Eggs IVF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.