Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

“I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki (44150 Views)

50cent Signs Rotimi, Us-Born Nigerian Singer To G-unit / Meet Jim Iyke`s Kid Sister Natasha (photos) / I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by AlphaNet: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2014
Reggae star, Orits Wiliki, who recently celebrated 30 years in music in Lagos, speaks with CHUX OHAI about his career, marriage and sundry issues

For Orits Wiliki, playing music in the last 30 years has been a beautiful and fulfilling experience. For this reason, the reggae star deemed it fit to roll out the drums and celebrate his success on the stage last August.

Wiliki gathered his co-travellers on the music train, such as Ras Kimono, Majek Fashek, King Wadada and Victor Eshiet of the Mandators, and held a concert in Lagos. It was one of the biggest gatherings of Nigeria’s depleting clan of roots rock reggae stars in a long time.

Looking back at those pulsating years, the man that many music fans call ‘Koleman Revolutionary’ thinks they are worth celebrating. “The last 30 years were really exciting. They were the best part of my life, though we have had some hiccups here and there. There is no way it can be all smooth going, you know. But, by and large, I am happy that I am alive. I give God the glory,” he says, in an interview with our correspondent on Wednesday.

Aware that many music fans in Nigeria still do not know much about his origin, the celebrated musician insists that his roots are firmly in Ethiopia.

He says, “I am actually from Ethiopia. That is where my grandfather comes from. I don’t know why people can’t believe me. I am a full-fledged Nigerian, no doubt. I was born and raised here, but my ancestral roots remain in Ethiopia. I come from Adowa, a province in the Northern part of Ethiopia. My family naturalised as Nigerians in Warri. My father is Itsekiri, while my mother is partly Edo and Ondo. That is why I tell people that I have a complex origin. My real name is Rassam Wiliki. It was my grandfather’s name, too.”

. Unveiling the secret of his 20-year marriage to popular actress and singer, Becky, he says, “I married my kid sister – my mother’s last born. We are as close siblings can be. That is why we have stayed together for this long.”

Source: www.punchng.com/entertainment/e-punch/i-married-my-kid-sister-orits-wiliki/

2 Likes

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by holatin(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2014
this post is confusing jare.
You performing incest or what

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Medunah: 11:33am On Dec 27, 2014
uhmm, i think he meant his wife is like a sister to him and acts like a daughter to his mother and thats why their marriage has lasted long

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2014
That can't be true. shocked

1 Like

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by holicalpha(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
Okay ooo #charitycomment.
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by omoalajah(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
Its my Grannie's birthday!!!

How many likes for her grin grin grin

Each like for a happy birthday wish..

376 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
Wey my goggles

1 Like

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Nmeri17: 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
*marries kid sister* *boasts about it*

a round of applause for him

10 Likes

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Tic4tac(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ok
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by tayoxx(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
is he drunk

1 Like

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by lekhane(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Idonbilifit
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Aust1n(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Dats man is a real big joker! Dats nuf our culture
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by pretydiva(f): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Continue
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Ignatio(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Now that you have our attention...

BTW The man carry load for head o.

2 Likes

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by oluwamichael93(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Wateva
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
What he tried to say is that he married someone close to him like a sister and close to his mum like a daughter. .

It would have been better if he said that he married his best friend and confidant. This sounds so 'incestous'. He is an artist and should know how to find his way about words without posing much ambiguity to his audience so the message won't be lost or misinterpreted.

Let him barb that thing on his head abeg. embarassed embarassed

13 Likes

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
Medunah:
uhmm, i think he meant his wife his like a sister to him and acts like a daughter to his mother and thats why their marriage has lasted long
all these useless threads with misleading juicy titles!
Last Bullet
I missed road.
Boarding a taxi going to Family section!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by deeptechcool(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
He must be foolish for misleading nigerians.

1 Like

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
I want to use this opportunity to congratulate myself on all the things I did this year and to promise myself that next year shall be better. Together, I am going to excel with myself( I.e myself typing and myself that I am congratulating). We shall go places and run things together as usual smiley. I shall not forget to carry myself along in all paroles.

Nice one to myself. Myself is a bad guy! cool cool

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by MadCow1: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
Medunah:
uhmm, i think he meant his wife his like a sister to him and acts like a daughter to his mother and thats why their marriage has lasted long

I think so too..

Hope we are correct.

1 Like

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by datola: 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
May be he's speaking in parables.

How can you knowingly marry your own sister.
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Antell95(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Jaglieski: 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
front page things already
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by vicadex07(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Clap for yourself undecided

2 Likes

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Na wa ooh
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by buoye1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Welldone!so what is gud to hear abt it that you are making Noisedon't even know ur music!!!Rubbish

Is HE a man or woman!!!

Dat tin wey dey him front be like bread!

Oloshi oni ranu

1 Like

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by OLAplusONE(m): 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
Orire abi oriburuku? Ewo ninu mejeeji fun ogbeni wiliki? Uhmmmmmmmmm
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by seangy4konji: 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
Jesu loba.
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by psychologist(m): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
werin consign mi

2 Likes

Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by lilmax(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
I don't know him
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by nicewoody6: 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
He has been silent for a while
Re: “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
Who is Orits Wiliks? Who is he?..coz we don't know him here oh@ Ethiopia

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Portable’s Aide Crushes A Bikeman To Death In Ogun State / Tony Umez & His Wife, Patsy Ogochukwu Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary / Denrele Poses With A Lady (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.