Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 (21716 Views)

Stoke City Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On 7th November 2015 / Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by warriiboguy: 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
picsOR:
Stingy ref with Added time.

Haba, what happened to giving 15mins extra.
grin

1 Like

Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by BABANGBALI: 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
oyehdiran:
swerve old man yr future has been fortold...
go fok yourself
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by bxcode(m): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
olassy239:
man u cumin down to there position,arsenal climbin up to der position.chelsea all the way
We don hearundecided
Next..... angry
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Elxandre(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
LVG is insane with this formation of his!

It's obviously limiting the already players.

Falcao is a disappointment.
so fragile!!!
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by priestken1(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
warriiboguy:
grin
I wonde 4 d ref.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by priestken1(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
warriiboguy:
grin
I wonde 4 d ref.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by BABANGBALI: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
Funjosh:
Manu draw againg. United is going down gradually.
I go slap you
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Ologunjude(m): 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
Obvious penalty for Stoke and the ref said no. He saw it quite alright. Smallings handball from crouch headed goal bound ball. Lucky Man U.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by natureblack(m): 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
timbros:

Actually Man Utd is just 2 points better than last year by this time (i.e. before this Stoke match).
correlate this fact with the summary of LVG's achievement.

There is nothing impressive in LVG's game-plan,he's simply a lucky coach who is benefiting from the languid play from the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool.

1 Like

Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Bifwoli: 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
The sun already set on the Bri-Shit empire and its surely also setting on ManU

so better get used to their lackluster performance.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Funjosh(m): 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
Awe ki lo n se e

Na EUROPA Manu dey go dis season againg grin

Where is my IYANGBALI na where you put her

BABANGBALI:
I go slap you
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by bxcode(m): 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
natureblack:
correlate this fact with the summary of LVG's achievement.

There is nothing impressive in LVG's game-plan,he's simply a lucky coach who is benefiting from the languid play from the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool.

Waris this one sayin?undecided
How is he benefiting from those two teams LVG is a world class coach, the problem right now with man u is the average players that are still at the club and couple of injuries.
A lucky coach could not have succeeded in managing Barca, Bayern and taking the Holland to a WC semi-final. Be constructive in ya criticisms!
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Weah96: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
This thing is fixed. I will use the same Man Utd team in Fifa 15 to ra)pe that Stoke City, but they end up playing to a draw in real life.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by natureblack(m): 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
bxcode:

So technically, you saying its better to do different things and still expect the same result
sensibly,a different game-plan ought to be conceived,if his(LVG) purported operational-order is non-prolific..

It's common sense undecided
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Suljosh: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
Afrok:
sir this is new year, Stoke city please don't disvirgin man utd players now, it's too early...
oh God please forgive me. I forgot totally its new year.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Ekeke1(m): 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2015
Great result 4 bad belle supporterz.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by davida222(m): 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
What does it take for LVG to realize
that 352 isn’t going to work. And there is no reason to stay 352. He could have fielded Raphael – Smailing – Jones – Shaw And plenty more reasons we should avoid this now but I’m appalled by his stubbornness. I’m still adamant that the reason for our draw against Spurs was not primarily due to fatigue (yes I do agree it played a part), it was more because he failed to respond to Pochetino’s tactical change on the second half. Here he demonstrated another odd decisions, first by sticking to 352 and the second was by replacing Falcao. Im really curious to find out why, as I think his inetention was to counter attack Stoke by bringing Januzaj, but the pace was significantly brought down by Falcao’s departure. Januzaj, what is exactly going on with you? Overhyped?
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Baritone(m): 4:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
From my analysis, this was a point well deserved.. Brittania has been a tough stadium, more like a slaughter slab.. Jonny Evans is the luckiest premiership player to be playing in a Title team, he deserves to be in the championship. Falcao and Young should practise more, but now Young is injured. Januzaj, hmmmm lipsrsealed .. Rooney should have special sessions on free kick..
on the light side of things, All Manutd players that defended don add 2 inches for their height, due to too much jumping. grin ...
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Weah96: 4:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
davida222:
What does it take for LVG to realize
that 352 isn’t going to work. And there is no reason to stay 352. He could have fielded Raphael – Smailing – Jones – Shaw And plenty more reasons we should avoid this now but I’m appalled by his stubbornness. I’m still adamant that the reason for our draw against Spurs was not primarily due to fatigue (yes I do agree it played a part), it was more because he failed to respond to Pochetino’s tactical change on the second half. Here he demonstrated another odd decisions, first by sticking to 352 and the second was by replacing Falcao. Im really curious to find out why, as I think his inetention was to counter attack Stoke by bringing Januzaj, but the pace was significantly brought down by Falcao’s departure. Januzaj, what is exactly going on with you? Overhyped?

Should have kept Falcao on and taken RVP off. Rafael belongs in the starting 11. Januzaj needs to gain ten pounds or 15 pounds of muscle to be able to compete in this EPL.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by obibanks: 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2015
It's this kind of match that gets me pissed of as a utd fan. LVG should just forget about this 352 and use a 442 or 451. RVP shouldn't be started. That guy is too lazy, atleast Falcao hustles for the ball unlike the other idiot. He should start rafael and instruct his centre back. Man utd games these days are just so boring, always playing air balls and hoping instead of using the flanks which they are famous for
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Baritone(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
Why I think LVG stuck to 3-5-2 is because there are only 3 fit centre backs Shaw hasn't gained enough Match rhythm, having just come back from injury. Rafael, too is just gaining match rhythm, he'll come good. my problem lies more with Carrick and Jonny [size=28pt]Back pass[/size]. Carrick is too static, he needs to be more mobile, that was what made Scholes powerful. Jonny Back pass, oh well, as I said earlier is lucky to be playing for us. Blackett is far efficient in defending.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by natureblack(m): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
bxcode:

Waris this one sayin?undecided
How is he benefiting from those two teams LVG is a world class coach, the problem right now with man u is the average players that are still at the club and couple of injuries.
A lucky coach could not have succeeded in managing Barca, Bayern and taking the Holland to a WC semi-final. Be constructive in ya criticisms!
c'mon,your arbitration is chiefly on his antecedent.

Man utd before this game is 2 points better than Moyes's management at this stage last season,but we where no-where close to champions league spot.Mind you,Moyes's arsenal was not equipped as LVG's.

My drift;devoid of bias,Arsenal fc and Liverpool fc last season are exceedingly better than this season,which invariably invented a way for man utd to scoop the present spot.

There is nothing special in LVG's achievement in man utd.......

#utdfan
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Baritone(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
Weah96:

Should have kept Falcao on and taken RVP off. Rafael belongs in the starting 11. Januzaj needs to gain ten pounds or 15 pounds of muscle to be able to compete in this EPL.
what does he need the weight for when his game is still lacking the cutting edge and finishing touches.. He doesn't need to bulk up. He needs to improve on his passes, ball movement and most importantly skills. After all, Messi didn't bulk up b4 becoming world class. pardon my comparism.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Baritone(m): 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
obibanks:
It's this kind of match that gets me pissed of as a utd fan. LVG should just forget about this 352 and use a 442 or 451. RVP shouldn't be started. That guy is too lazy, atleast Falcao hustles for the ball unlike the other idiot. He should start rafael and instruct his centre back. Man utd games these days are just so boring, always playing air balls and hoping instead of using the flanks which they are famous for
Nice analysis, we need a ball playing central midfielder. a right winger and an imposing right back.. Now we're too predictable..

1 Like

Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by BABANGBALI: 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
Funjosh:
Awe ki lo n se e

Na EUROPA Manu dey go dis season againg grin

Where is my IYANGBALI na where you put her

na seun ban am o,but me I still dey deal with them for here
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Arcard(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
natureblack:

Man utd before this game is 2 points better than Moyes's management at this stage last season,but we where no-where close to champions league spot.Mind you,Moyes's arsenal was not equipped as LVG's.

My drift;devoid of bias,Arsenal fc and Liverpool fc last season are exceedingly better than this season,which invariably invented a way for man utd to scoop the present spot.

#utdfan
nyc one if nt cus of d loses dat ar.se nd livpoo have or evn southarmpit man u go dy bhnd
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Baritone(m): 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
natureblack:

#utdfan
You're right and also bxcode is. but where I fault you is in the fact that Moyes never handled the pressure well enough. Listen to his interview he granted whenever we lost or drew last season's game, it had no aggressiveness that we are used to. Such aggression rubs off on players performance. Also, he typically feared the players more, and sought to massage their ego's. Where I stand with you is in the fact that Manutd has average players which are still under LVG, but also Moyes never got the players he wanted. But you know logic says A sheep who is the head of a pack of lions can never win a group of sheeps led by a lion.
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by natureblack(m): 4:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
Baritone:
Why I think LVG stuck to 3-5-2 is because there are only 3 fit centre backs Shaw hasn't gained enough Match rhythm, having just come back from injury. Rafael, too is just gaining match rhythm, he'll come good. my problem lies more with Carrick and Jonny [size=28pt]Back pass[/size]. Carrick is too static, he needs to be more mobile, that was what made Scholes powerful. Jonny Back pass, oh well, as I said earlier is lucky to be playing for us. Blackett is far efficient in defending.
''ahh,please cut Carrick some slack,bro.....

Who pairs a Wayne Rooney and Carrick ...LVG,for reasons I can't fathom.As for his adamant position in playing 3-5-2,I blame that on his ego.

We now have Shaw,Jones,Evans,Smalling and Rafael,that's a complete set for a 4-man defence.We can still play 4-4-2......3-man defence brings the worse outta us. angry

GGMU tho'
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by natureblack(m): 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
Baritone:
You're right and also bxcode is. but where I fault you is in the fact that Moyes never handled the pressure well enough. Listen to his interview he granted whenever we lost or drew last season's game, it had no aggressiveness that we are used to. Such aggression rubs off on players performance. Also, he typically feared the players more, and sought to massage their ego's. Where I stand with you is in the fact that Manutd has average players which are still under LVG, but also Moyes never got the players he wanted. But you know logic says A sheep who is the head of a pack of lions can never win a group of sheeps led by a lion.
with apical sincereness,Moyes's team played better than LVG's at this stage ......call me whatever you want,but its just the obvious.

Btw,I love the apothegm in your last sentence........classic cool
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by bxcode(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
natureblack:
with apical sincereness,Moyes's team played better than LVG's at this stage ......call me whatever you want,but its just the obvious.

Classic is an understatementcheesy
Its krankumizinggrin
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Baritone(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
natureblack:

well, frankly put. The best game United ever played under Moyes, was in the CL game against Leverkusen, you still remember the score line. I won't base on the score line, but in the cohesion of play. I really thought we would build on that, but alas, we were intimidated. Check the stats from all games, you would discover that we received more shots directly throughout last season than any other we won the title. We played amazingly well against Bayern, but we lacked that star quality to peg them... That word 'apothegm' Na heavy English OK.. cool..
Re: Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 1st January 2015 by Baritone(m): 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
natureblack:
''ahh,please cut Carrick some slack,bro.....

Who pairs a Wayne Rooney and Carrick ...LVG,for reasons I can't fathom.As for his adamant position in playing 3-5-2,I blame that on his ego.

We now have Shaw,Jones,Evans,Smalling and Rafael,that's a complete set for a 4-man defence.We can still play 4-4-2......3-man defence brings the worse outta us. angry

GGMU tho'
Well, We know Carrick got to really up his game... To me I prefer a pairing of Blind and Herrera. Now we can play a 4 man defence. The hard tackling tatt'ed guy Rojo would be fit in a week's time. then we will be on game-on mode.. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Leicester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 9th September 2017 / FA Cup: Southampton Vs Arsenal (0 - 5) On 28th January 2017 / UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.