Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa (559 Views)

TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity / Three Things That Tecno Needs To Do / Moto Q Users Forum (post Ur Q Issues Here, I Will Fix It 4 U) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa by Eristaus: 10:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
It was in September of 2013 that I bought my first Tecno smartphone — the Tecno Phantom A+. It was my 3rd smartphone after the legendary Huawei Ideos (with Google) and the Samsung Galaxy S. I loved the S very much but at my needs had evolved and I needed something better yet affordable.

Unfortunately all the other notable galaxy smartphones were out of my budget range. I also didn't have much luck with used phones as a couple of times, I got fake phones or just bad deals. During my search, I saw a bill board in town advertising the Tecno Phantom A. The billboard clearly communicated what the “Phantom A” was offering and it was just what I needed.

When I tried to read reviews online about the Phantom A, I got a lot of mixed reactions. The reactions varied from those praising the phone to those cussing it. This was Tecno’s first flagship device launching into the smartphone arena after it had tested the market with a couple of entry level devices. At the time, Tecno was known as a cheap Chinese feature phone manufacturer who sells fake phones. The biggest clientele Tecno had were those who bought Tecno feature phones and not smartphones. Some of the feature phones they sold could vibrate so hard that you would think there was an earthquake☺. Some had very loud ringtones whose volume couldn't be regulated.

I have since fell in love with Tecno for couple of reasons. Despite my love for Tecno, there a couple of things that they haven't been doing right and if they put a little energy in them, it would go a long way in changing the negative brand perceptions they have in Africa. I lightly touch on each of the 5 things Tecno needs to do from redesigning it’s website to customizing it’s marketing communications.

For the rest of the article check https://medium.com/@OnyaitOdeke/5-things-tecno-needs-to-do-to-fix-its-branding-issues-in-africa-4571b8f7a19a
Re: 5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa by slap1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
They should stop writing TECNO on the front of their phones. Very important.
Re: 5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa by Eristaus: 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
Why would you want them to remove the Logo from the front? are you ashamed of being seen with a Tecno?
Re: 5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
Eristaus:
Why would you want them to remove the Logo from the front? are you ashamed of being seen with a Tecno?
Abeg ask am. Pride and shame go wound some persons
Re: 5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa by Eristaus: 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
You have a point - I enjoyed my Panto very much without a logo on the front and one on the back. Since even the iPhone doesn't have a logo on the front, it might be a good thing. But Tecno wont see the benefit in eliminating the logo on the front. They have done so for specific models like the Phantom series

(1) (Reply)

Win 2k Every Friday With Your Phone On This Website / Top 5 Dual Sim Smart Phones / Meet Whatsim – A Globe-trotting SIM For Whatsapp Messaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.