Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Nigerian Christians Stop Praying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christians Stop Praying (2549 Views)

Why We Must Stop Praying Or Bowing To Mary / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 28, 2014
One of those late nights and I am thinking about Nigeria and the reason why despite so much prayer , fasting and mourning things remain the same and in many cases are even getting worse.

Why ?

One would have thought that with our acclaimed miracle men, men of God, pastors and millions of believers , things should have been turned around for the better by now.

Every Sunday we troop down to our places of worship to hear words of encouragement and promises of hope from our icons in the pulpit and despite the evidence to the contrary we cling to hope while everything falls apart all around us.

I think I have figured out why.

God is not moved by prayer ! Well prayer that is not said aright.

Yes God is not moved by the prayers of those who have chosen to live , think and act unrighteously. We call ourselves Christians and go to 'church', yet we collect bribes, commit adultery , shed innocent blood, align ourselves with false doctrines especially those that exploit the orphan, widow and poor ( you know what I mean ) , we malign our leaders and curse our neighbours, we persecute the weak and exploit the vulnerable and we think that all our prayers and tears ( crocodile tears if I may qualify ) will appease God.

Many Christian bosses do not pay their workers, many are involved in mago mago in their businesses , many believers will do anything to make two ends meet even if it means hurting their conscience in the process, yet we troop to 'church' to ask God for favours.

Hahaha, you think you can fool God with your white robes, black suits. Long dresses , big bibles ,long prayers , singing , tithes and offering etc.

Consider the following scripture ;

John 9:31
We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

Proverbs 21:13
Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered.

1 Peter 3:12 - For the eyes of the Lord [are] over the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord [is] against them that do evil

These are just a tip of the iceberg concerning how God deals with people and nations. God cannot be bribed with your tithes and offerings which of course we know does not go to him but to fraudulent charlatans, in fact the mere thought that you pay to get back 100 fold in return while not caring for the poor neighbour down the street or your wretched relatives is in itself a sin.

Solution ;
2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Here we see very clearly that unless Nigerian Christians repent of their hypocrisies , stop man worship and start acting righteously, nothing will change. But if we repent and start acting righteously God will hear our prayers even before we utter them from our lips.

Here's another one ;
Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.

Let us deceive not ourselves that because we are covered by grace we can sin rampantly and expect that God will cover us with the blood of his Son and turn a blind eye to our pagan practices, infidelity and wickedness. Sorry, but God is not a Nigerian, he cannot be bribed or corrupted , and God does not believe in sinning grace, oh yes, the grace that encourages sin with the excuse that Jesus has covered it all for you, yeah right !

Time to change and change must begin in our personal lives , we must start to imbibe values of integrity, honesty, hardwork and righteousness.

But if you continue supporting evil men in the pulpit, enemies of the cross whose God is their bellies, if you continue in your wicked business malpractices and office cheating, if you continue to be a stereotype Christian who is arrogant, judgemental and condescending in attitude, you are OYO, which is to say you are on your own. If you like pray for eternity, be rest assured that nothing will change, never, unless you and all of us change.

End of late night rant.

Back to bed

cool

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 3:25am On Dec 28, 2014
Summary ;

God honours righteousness not empty prayers and incantations...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 28, 2014
Soon, there will be nothing left.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by vooks: 5:43am On Dec 28, 2014
How sure are we these verses were not mistranslations, interpolations and basically written out of ignorance?

frosbel:
One of those late nights and I am thinking about Nigeria and the reason why despite so much prayer , fasting and mourning things remain the same and in many cases are even getting worse.

Why ?

One would have thought that with our acclaimed miracle men, men of God, pastors and millions of believers , things should have been turned around for the better by now.

Every Sunday we troop down to our places of worship to hear words of encouragement and promises of hope from our icons in the pulpit and despite the evidence to the contrary we cling to hope while everything falls apart all around us.

Yes God is not moved by the prayers of those who have chosen to live , think and act unrighteously. We call ourselves Christians and go to 'church', yet we collect bribes, commit adultery , shed innocent blood, align ourselves with false doctrines especially those that exploit the orphan, widow and poor ( you know what I mean ) , we malign our leaders and curse our neighbours, we persecute the weak and exploit the vulnerable and we think that all our prayers and tears ( crocodile tears if I may qualify ) will appease God.

Many Christian bosses do not pay their workers, many are involved in mago mago in their businesses , many believers will do anything to make two ends meet even if it means hurting their conscience in the process, yet we troop to 'church' to ask God for favours.

Hahaha, you think you can fool God with your white robes, black suits. Long dresses , big bibles ,long prayers , singing , tithes and offering etc.

We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered.

1 Peter 3:12 - For the eyes of the Lord [are] over the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord [is] against them that do evil

These are just a tip of the iceberg concerning how God deals with people and nations. God cannot be bribed with your tithes and offerings which of course we know does not go to him but to fraudulent charlatans, in fact the mere thought that you pay to get back 100 fold in return while not caring for the poor neighbour down the street or your wretched relatives is in itself a sin.

Solution ;
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Here we see very clearly that unless Nigerian Christians repent of their hypocrisies , stop man worship and start acting righteously, nothing will change. But if we repent and start acting righteously God will hear our prayers even before we utter them from our lips.

Here's another one ;

Let us deceive not ourselves that because we are covered by grace we can sin rampantly and expect that God will cover us with the blood of his Son and turn a blind eye to our pagan practices, infidelity and wickedness. Sorry, but God is not a Nigerian, he cannot be bribed or corrupted , and God does not believe in sinning grace, oh yes, the grace that encourages sin with the excuse that Jesus has covered it all for you, yeah right !

Time to change and change must begin in our personal lives , we must start to imbibe values of integrity, honesty, hardwork and righteousness.

But if you continue supporting evil men in the pulpit, enemies of the cross whose God is their bellies, if you continue in your wicked business malpractices and office cheating, if you continue to be a stereotype Christian who is arrogant, judgemental and condescending in attitude, you are OYO, which is to say you are on your own. If you like pray for eternity, be rest assured that nothing will change, never, unless you and all of us change.

End of late night rant.

Back to bed

cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 28, 2014
Go and read my answer in the other article, only this time make sure you talk sense and not nonsense .

cool
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Unionised(m): 6:13am On Dec 28, 2014
Mr Frosbel,
I understand your anger.

But my God is not a wicked God.

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah?

You forgot to quote that one.

God said "Because of the righteous...."

So, though the country may be full of hypocrites, yet God will prosper my household BECAUSE OF MY RIGHTEOUSNESS, not yours.

So follow your own salvation with fear and trembling...
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 28, 2014
Unionised:
Mr Frosbel,
I understand your anger.

But my God is not a wicked God.

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah?

You forgot to quote that one.

God said "Because of the righteous...."

So, though the country may be full of hypocrites, yet God will prosper my household BECAUSE OF MY RIGHTEOUSNESS, not yours.

So follow your own salvation with fear and trembling...

Good for you , but please go back to the context of my article.

In Sodom you had only a handful of righteous people whereas in Nigeria you have millions claiming to be righteous and yet all we see is a multiplication of wickedness.

If you are indeed righteous then we need more people like you.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by lastmessenger: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2014
Frosbel you are completely right.i remember one time that my mum asked my faithful tithe paying brother why he has refused to send her money for close to a year. I just remembered that he was busy giving away money to the pulpit thieves.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by malvisguy212: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:
Summary ;

the op sound like the argument against God, ''if God exist prayer will have brought world peace'' the absence of peace indicate God did not exist, God only advice us to make peace with him, as long as evil exist and God will not interfere on freewill, it will be difficult for man to experience peace, the world we wish for is not here, it's heaven. Read here
https://www.nairaland.com/1995965/athiest-claim-god-existed-prayer

Frosbel, you are sounding more like an atheist.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2014
malvisguy212:
the op sound like the argument against God, ''if God exist prayer will have brought world peace'' the absence of peace indicate God did not exist, God only advice us to make peace with him, as long as evil exist and God will not interfere on freewill, it will be difficult for man to experience peace, the world we wish for is not here, it's heaven. Read here
https://www.nairaland.com/1995965/athiest-claim-god-existed-prayer

Frosbel, you are sounding more like an atheist.

Why , because I disagree with you .
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by idumuose(m): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:
Summary ;

Is China a prosperous nation because they are righteous? I have been there and i know they believe the Dragon is their projenitor.

Why is Malaysia, a predominantly muslim nation prosperous? A lot of them are idol worshippers.

Why is UAE,a predominantly muslim country very rich?
"I think there is more to that bible quotation that says righteousness exalts a nation......"

Based on this quotation, Nigeria isn't backward because of unrighteousness.It has do with our nature of planlessness,stupid superstitious beliefs and disorderliness.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 28, 2014
I completely agree with you.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by malvisguy212: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:

Why , because I disagree with you .
God never create this world to be perfect, God only called it 'good' God purpose of creating you is for you to love him or hate him, evil must exist for you to have two option , as long as evil exist, peace will never come, the bible only advice us to make peace with God, read the thread I pasted.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by malvisguy212: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:
Summary ;

don't get me wrong, I see your point, you are correct, but the idea of abandon prayer is wrong.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by shdemidemi(m): 8:12am On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:
Summary ;

Are you righteous?

Has God answered all you ever prayed for?

Which country has God blessed because of their 'righteousness'?
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Anomnity: 8:26am On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:
...........if you continue to be a stereotype Christian who is arrogant, judgemental and condescending in attitude, you are OYO, which is to say you are on your own....

You seem to be clearly describing yourself here.
¤
And why do you still quote from the bible while you've made everyone on this forum including muslims and atheists to see the bible as a fraud.
¤
Anyway let me overlook your excesses for a moment for the reason that this is the first thread ever you created that ever exalted righteousness.
§
A word of advice: Preach righteousness and leave the ego of the men of God for God to handle and deal with your own ego and failures.That's the only time your message will create impact and bear fruit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2014
Anomnity:

You seem to be clearly describing yourself here.
¤
And why do you still quote from the bible while you've made everyone on this forum including muslims and atheists to see the bible as a fraud.
@
Anyway let me overlook your excesses for a moment for the reason that this is the first thread ever you created that ever exalted righteousness.
§
A word of advice: Preach righteousness and leave the ego of the men of God for God to handle and deal with your own ego and failures.That's the only time your message will create impact and bear fruit.

You guys trolling a former brother because he abandoned your myths ??

I apologise if this has caused you guys considerable pain but allow me share my experiences of religion and the way it is practiced in Nigeria .

And as for the LIE about this being my first thread that has ever promoted righteousness, you need to take a step back and perform due diligence before you spout of these half truths.

Now back to the point , it is clear to even a child that enough light will gradually and eventually push out darkness. Children of God are supposed to be children of light and the more they are in number , the less darkness there should be by common logic.

With 30m believers in Nigeria , is it too high an expectation to see considerable parts of the country blossom with righteousness and peace. On the contrary, the more your mushroom pentecostal cults multiply the more wickedness and mayhem reign. There is something not right with this picture.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by malvisguy212: 8:39am On Dec 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

Are you righteous?

Has God answered all you ever prayed for?

Which country has God blessed because of their 'righteousness'?
Good question bro, frobel please answer this question, has God answer all you ever prayed for?
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Anomnity: 8:45am On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:

You guys trolling a former brother because he abandoned your myths ??

I apologise if this has caused you guys considerable pain but allow me share my experiences of religion and the way it is practiced in Nigeria .

And as for the LIE about this being my first thread that has ever promoted righteousness, you need to take a step back and perform due diligence before you spout of these half truths.

Now back to the point , it is clear to even a child that enough light will gradually and eventually push out darkness. Children of God are supposed to be children of light and the more they are in number , the less darkness there should be by common logic.

With 30m believers in Nigeria , is it too high an expectation to see considerable parts of the country blossom with righteousness and peace. On the contrary, the more your mushroom pentecostal cults multiple, the more wickedness and mayhem reign. There is something not right with this picture.
Of course I didn't expect anything more that your usual display of brazen arrogance.So go on and and ever remain OYO.A sure guaranteed formular for a fruitless christian(if ever you are a christian).
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 28, 2014
Anomnity:

Of course I didn't expect anything more that your usual display of brazen arrogance.So go on and and ever remain OYO.A sure guaranteed formular for a fruitless christian(if ever you are a christian).

Looks like I touched a raw nerve with this article, be rest assured it was not aimed at you, so don't take it personal smiley
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by MrPresident1: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2014
Frosbel,

I am happy to note your transformation, The Most High God is really working on you, He will show Himself to you progressively.

Our people should stop praying, they should rather practise the fear of God by obeying His commandments; You must love the LORD thy God with all thy might and with all thy soul, and you must love your neighbour as yourself; this is the whole essence of the Law.

But Nigerians forget the Law of God, they call Him with their lips, but their hearts is very far from Him, God is not a hypocrite and He does not answer the prayers of wicked and sinful people.

No respite for Nigerians until they forsake evil and embrace righteousness.

Psalm 9:17
17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by honourhim: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:

Why ?

Solution ;

Here's another one ;

End of late night rant.

Back to bed

cool

Young man much as I agree with most of the things you said here, the question remains-

1. Are you righteous?
2. Are you not arrogant and judgmental on issues as we see in this forum?
3. Are you making positive impact in this country?
4. Do you support the poor?

Its one thing to preach and another to live by what you preach.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Anomnity: 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
honourhim:

Young man much as I agree with most of the things you said here, the question remains-

1. Are you righteous?
2. Are you not arrogant and judgmental on issues as we see in this forum?
3. Are you making positive impact in this country?
4. Do you support the poor?

Its one thing to preach and another to live by what you preach.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
Thanks for the contributions . For those who have been pricked by this message , I can only advice you to ' check up ' and make the appropriate changes.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by JesusisLord85: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
frosbel:

Why ?

Solution ;

Here's another one ;

End of late night rant.

Back to bed

cool

Thou speakest well. You are on to something.

The tribes of our land are the Israelites of the bible, and we are living under the curses mentioned in Deuteronomy.

What our people (and I am speaking to our people, not the other nations) need to do is unlearn the lies the 'missionaries' came to teach.
We most teach the law. We must teach our sons and daughters that we must be a holy people, set apart. We must abide by the Word of the Most High, for the law is a lamp unto our feet. Then the Most High shall harken to our cries, and restore the Kingdom to us

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
^^^

I have come to realise that in Nigerian, grace is a covert word for lawlessness instead of the biblical definition of lawfulness.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by shdemidemi(m): 9:03am On Dec 30, 2014
frosbel:
^^^

I have come to realise that in Nigerian, grace is a covert word for lawlessness instead of the biblical definition of lawfulness.

Just say you don't understand the word 'GRACE' or better still your heart can't comprehend the wisdom of God that comes in the form of foolishness to you.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by shdemidemi(m): 9:05am On Dec 30, 2014
malvisguy212:
Good question bro, frobel please answer this question, has God answer all you ever prayed for?

You will be waiting for a bit if you think he would attempt the questions. The man hears only 'attack', him no dey hear 'C Caution'.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by shdemidemi(m): 9:08am On Dec 30, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Thou speakest well. You are on to something.

The tribes of our land are the Israelites of the bible, and we are living under the curses mentioned in Deuteronomy.

What our people (and I am speaking to our people, not the other nations) need to do is unlearn the lies the 'missionaries' came to teach.
We most teach the law. We must teach our sons and daughters that we must be a holy people, set apart. We must abide by the Word of the Most High, for the law is a lamp unto our feet. Then the Most High shall harken to our cries, and restore the Kingdom to us

Shalom

My black Israeli friend is here... Are you still on the 'yorubas are the actual Jew philosophy'?

Do you also say we shouldn't pray any more?
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by JesusisLord85: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

My black Israeli friend is here... Are you still on the 'yorubas are the actual Jew philosophy'?

Do you also say we shouldn't pray any more?

philosophy ke? If you say you are a gentile, that is your own, and I am not concerned with you. I am waking fellow Israelites.

I did not say anyone should stop praying. But you modern day 'christians' waste your time if you think the Most High hears your prayers.

If you rage against light (the law), then you are in darkness and you are of your father the devil. But perhaps he will grant the odd vain prayer request nigerians make ("give me a Range Rover Lord"wink, but only to your destruction.
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by shdemidemi(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
JesusisLord85:

philosophy ke? If you say you are a gentile, that is your own, and I am not concerned with you. I am waking fellow Israelites.

I did not say anyone should stop praying. But you modern day 'christians' waste your time if you think the Most High hears your prayers.

If you rage against light (the law), then you are in darkness and you are of your father the devil. But perhaps he will grant the odd vain prayer request nigerians make ("give me a Range Rover Lord"wink, but only to your destruction.
grin grin I am no Jew nor Gentile... I am a Christian.

Does He answer your prayers more than He answers the prayer of a 'Christian'?
Re: Nigerian Christians Stop Praying by JesusisLord85: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

grin grin I am no Jew nor Gentile... I am a Christian.

Does He answer your prayers more than He answers the prayer of a 'Christian'?

Redundant question.
Israelite - son of Jacob and heir to great promises
'Christian' - manufactured religion that married pagan rituals of Rome (christmas/easter and many others) with that of Israel. All their beliefs stem from poorly interpreted letters written by the apostle Paul. According to such a people, if there is ever doubt or a 'grey area', Paul has the final word.

haha. Let me ask you, does this sound like "scripture", or a mere letter/bbm chat?

2 Tim 4: 9-14
9 Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me:
10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.
12 And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus.
13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.
14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

Lol. Sounds like a whatsap conversation to me jare.

Israel, have I spoken well?

Shalom

(1) (2) (Reply)

Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian / Did Allah Curse Muhammad ? / US Senate Chaplain Quotes TB Joshua Prophecy On Joe Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.